Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Select Committee Hearing on January 6th riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    Let's be a little more fair. The officers at the Capital on Jan. 6th obviously went through a tough time. I don't want to disparage what they experienced. I certainly would never want to go through something like that.
    What exactly did they go through that was so horrible? Facing off against a large, non-violent crowd who entered the Capitol and caused little damage to the property? Yeah, it's the stuff of nightmares, isn't it?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

What exactly did they go through that was so horrible? Facing off against a large, non-violent crowd who entered the Capitol and caused little damage to the property? Yeah, it's the stuff of nightmares, isn't it?
      I've watched some of the video. The Democrats are overstating what happened and you are understating what happened.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Let's be a little more fair. The officers at the Capital on Jan. 6th obviously went through a tough time. I don't want to disparage what they experienced. I certainly would never want to go through something like that.

On the other hand, I think it's fully correct to respond to the POLITICIANS who are exploiting the situation for their own gain. Not that this is new, politicians have been doing this for centuries.

I suppose it's all right to say something about the officers who testified that they are being used. For me that's shaky and I'm going to refrain from comment until the testimony gets off the events of January 6th and starts talking about the causes.
        There's only one problem with that. One of those officers up their balling like a baby about his traumatic experience obviously has no problem with violent rioting and subjecting other police to a similar experience.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

THis officer who supported the violence last summer but got all weepy at Congress about 1/6?
          https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/27...K6kVPs.twitter
          They were definitely hand-picked by Pelosi and probably had their statements written for them.

I don't doubt they had a hard time and the riot should never have happened. It is the obvious exaggeration and melodrama that I object to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

There was definitely violence involved.

If you're not careful you'll soon be declaring that it was a "mostly peaceful protest"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

The four officers were sworn in prior to presenting their testimony. Do you believe their testimony was false? And, if so, do you think the four of them should be charged with perjury?
              I never said they lied. I said they exaggerated. Mostly in their characterizations about how bad the situation was. Such as characterizing the rioters as "terrorists" and claiming the riot was worse than being in the war in Iraq. Why do you keep insist on creating a straw man to burn?
              Last edited by Sparko; 07-28-2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I've watched some of the video. The Democrats are overstating what happened and you are understating what happened.
                In what way am I understating it? It is a fact that protestors were overwhelmingly non-violent, and property damage to the Capitol building was minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  There's only one problem with that. One of those officers up their balling like a baby about his traumatic experience obviously has no problem with violent rioting and subjecting other police to a similar experience.
                  That's what gets me --- the "emotional crisis"... for cryin' out loud, these people are supposed to be trained professionals, and life is tough!!!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's what gets me --- the "emotional crisis"... for cryin' out loud, these people are supposed to be trained professionals, and life is tough!!!
                    And these guys aren't supposed to be such wimpy pantywaists either.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      And these guys aren't supposed to be such wimpy pantywaists either.
                      I'll bet you a $1.37 they were coached.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

afb072821dAPR20210728054504.jpg
                        bg072321dAPC20210723014504.jpg

Comment

Like I said, drama queenery.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yet not a single one with an insurrection charge....
                            Or a terrorism charge.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Do you believe that the footage being shown is fake, and that the police officers who are testifying are lying?
                              I believe the footage is real, and is only a small cherry-picked portion of all available footage (when security cam footage is included). I want it all released.

I believe the four carefully chosen officers are presenting accounts so shaded, massaged, and narrow relative to the whole event that they are dishonest; in casual terms, yes, they are lying.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Hopefully, they won't try to resurrect the "capitol officer bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher" lie. That was bullcorn from the gitgo.
                                Sorry, but one of the cops did just that.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment