Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Select Committee Hearing on January 6th riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backup View Post

Biden said it was the worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War, which it arguably was.

Russia Today changed his words to “worse than the Civil War.”

So, it seems, you are repeating Russian propaganda. How is that working out for you?
    Biden declared it was worse when he added that at least during the Civil War no insurrectionists invaded the capitol.

Fail better.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Old Joe has already informed us that the Jan. 6 riot was worse than the Civil War, and now from MSNBC we learn that it was worse than 9/11.

For those of you who have forgotten, 9/11 was when Islamic terrorists caused the Twin Towers in NYC to collapse killing thousands, crashed a jet into the Pentagon and Flight 93 crashing in Pennsylvania as passengers fought back.

January 6th saw some rioting that was rather mild compared to much of the rioting and looting American cities were subjected to last year. Oh. And some folks wandered through the capitol building.

And yet over on MSNBC's Deadline: White House two days ago you had Paul Rieckhoff, a regular guest on the network and president of what he calls "Righteous Media Inc." hysterically warned

It’s not Al-Qaeda, it’s not ISIS, it’s not Iran, it’s domestic extremism. Osama bin Laden never took over the Capitol, these people did, and many of them are still out there.

Indeed. One of them even represents New York's 14th congressional district.

What? Oh.

Apparently when left-wingers storm the capitol like they did during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings, and another time when an AOC-led mob besieged the Speaker of the House's offices, that's different. Even though, IIRC, both resulted in a lot more arrests than January 6th for the exact same type of offenses.

Don't forget the liberals actually BOMBED the Capitol in 1983, and one of them, Susan Rosenberg was pardoned by Clinton and is a leader in the BLM.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...l-1983-1568372

And in 1971, the Weather Underground, another leftist group set off a bomb in the Capitol.
      https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...pitol-building

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Don't forget the liberals actually BOMBED the Capitol in 1983, and one of them, Susan Rosenberg was pardoned by Clinton and is a leader in the BLM.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...l-1983-1568372

And in 1971, the Weather Underground, another leftist group set off a bomb in the Capitol.
        https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...pitol-building
        I posted several attacks on the Capitol, including several bombings from those on the left and the Puerto Rican separatists who entered the building and shot and wounded six Congressmen (one critically) before being stopped when I first posted about old Joe comparing the Jan. 6th riot to the Civil War (where at least no insurrectionists entered the capitol!!1! )

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Old Joe was on TV declaring that how during the Civil War insurrectionists never made it to the capitol much less entered it and how that was the first time.

Old Joe is confused.

Old Joe is wrong.

Just off the top of my head...

What about the Puerto Rican separatists that entered the House of Representatives in the '50s and opened fire on the Congressmen, shooting five -- one seriously?

What about the guy (a university professor I believe) who set off a bomb consisting of a couple of sticks of dynamite inside the capitol to protest WWI? Fortunately the Senate chambers, where he wanted to put the bomb, was locked, so he stuck it in a nearby closet so when it exploded nobody was hurt.

What about the bombing of the Capitol's north wing during the 80s in protest to protest our involvement in Lebanon? Fortunately nobody was injured but only because the Senate adjourned earlier than expected.

What about when a man stormed the Capitol in an attempt to assassinate the House Majority Whip at the time, Tom DeLay (R-TX), killing two Capitol Police officers before being subdued? IIRC, that was when Clinton was president.

And of course, most recently, what about the angry mob that stormed the Capitol during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing? Their behavior even caused now VP Kamala Harris to tell her fellow travelers "We will not be bullied" and resulted in hundreds being arrested after swarming into the Senate buildings and galleries, including the Russell Senate Office Building rotunda. Moreover, a couple of them even forcibly entered an elevator with then Senator Jeff Flake, refusing to let the elevator move or Flake exit, in order to physically intimidate him into asking for the FBI to do yet another investigation (which found nothing) and delaying the process for several days. The MSM hailed that confrontation where he was likely in far greater danger than AOC and her drama queen act ever was (not even being in the same building), which the same media was incredibly sympathetic toward.

ETA: And how can I forget this

aoc-51-protesters-arrested-2018.jpg

The same clown who captivated everyone with her tale of being terrorized by the Jan. 6 protestors -- even though they were in a different building

And later noted that forgot one insurgent invasion -- yet another leftist bombing attack. This time by the Weather Underground during the Vietnam War.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When the left does it, it is civil disobedience and protesting injustice. When the right does it, it is insurrection and terrorism.

Comment

When the left does it, it is civil disobedience and protesting injustice. When the right does it, it is insurrection and terrorism.
            You forgot "totally understandable" when the left does it.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

NPR just changed their policy about their reporters participating in protesting but only if it is for "the freedom and dignity of human beings."

The cynic in me thinks the only things that will be termed supporting "the freedom and dignity of human beings" will only include liberal causes. For instance, anyone care to bet that protesting in support of an unborn baby's right to life will not be considered for "the freedom and dignity of human beings."

Comment

I think you are stuck in a loop or something. Might need a boot to the head.
                Black boots in the head are extreme right wing tactics as in the January 6 insurrection.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You forgot "totally understandable" when the left does it.
                  How many times over the past two years did we hear some liberal talking head excuse BLM and Antifa violence with something along the lines of, "I don't agree with what they're doing, but I support why they're doing it."
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

How many times over the past two years did we hear some liberal talking head excuse BLM and Antifa violence with something along the lines of, "I don't agree with what they're doing, but I support why they're doing it."
                    I'm just unhappy that you're representing the radical dangerous loony right,.

But, quite honestly, I think you even embarrass the reasonable right quite often.

But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

But, quite honestly, I think you even embarrass the reasonable right quite often.
                      Typical shuny: almost makes sense but not quite.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Not to mention how many times you heard "that's what insurance is for" and "looting is reparations" as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Not to mention how many times you heard "that's what insurance is for" and "looting is reparations" as well.
                          Hey! I thought looting and pillaging was MY job!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Hey! I thought looting and pillaging was MY job!
                            You're much better at it.

Although you're still an amateur compared to the gubmint

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Typical shuny: almost makes sense but not quite.

Still waiting for an honest coherent reponse.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

What are you eating, drinking, or smoking that has caused you to regress so far, and be such a goofus?

It's like you're trying to be witty or something, but you're like a 3 year old just reversing what somebody else says and throwing it back at them, even though it's clearly not applicable.

You are becoming a hybrid of Trump and Biden.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment