Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Select Committee Hearing on January 6th riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the discussion about the events of Jan. 6 are important. Any idea when the committee is going to move from the event to the causes?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      All the discussion about the events of Jan. 6 are important. Any idea when the committee is going to move from the event to the causes?
      They already "know" the cause: Trump!

Comment

Like every other fake scandal involving President Trump, they have already decided he is guilty. This dog and pony show is nothing more than an attempt to back fill the evidence to support their a prioi conviction.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          And, THAT, friends, is why Jim Jordan wasn't allowed to be there --- he'd have blown that out of the water so fast...
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

They already "know" the cause: Trump!
            I figured that. I was watching the news the other night and they said the committee will probably subpoena Trump (and probably other White House staff). Predict Trump will claim Executive Privilege for all and no one will actually testify.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

I figured that. I was watching the news the other night and they said the committee will probably subpoena Trump (and probably other White House staff). Predict Trump will claim Executive Privilege for all and no one will actually testify.
              Just like several of our own posters, they are absolutely obsessed with Trump and are incapable of moving on.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Just like several of our own posters, they are absolutely obsessed with Trump and are incapable of moving on.
                No wonder that Trump was a real estate mogul, what with his astonishing ability to live rent free in so many heads.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I've Civics is pretty much inhabited by either conservatives who have moved on from Trump or the Trump-obsessed. I just don't see any energy in the forum to defend Biden's policies.

Comment

I've Civics is pretty much inhabited by either conservatives who have moved on from Trump or the Trump-obsessed. I just don't see any energy in the forum to defend Biden's policies.
                    There are even memes which I've previously posted joking about how virtually nobody is talking about what a great job old Joe is doing, or how great his policy initiatives have been. I think that's partly due to sticker shock.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      There are even memes which I've previously posted joking about how virtually nobody is talking about what a great job old Joe is doing, or how great his policy initiatives have been. I think that's partly due to sticker shock.
                      Could be. I'm also beginning to think that a larger percentage of people who voted for him were anti-Trump. Now that he's in office, no one cares or they're getting buyer's remorse.

Comment

Could be. I'm also beginning to think that a larger percentage of people who voted for him were anti-Trump. Now that he's in office, no one cares or they're getting buyer's remorse.
                        Even the Democrats were concerned about the "enthusiasm gap." Hardly anyone was voting "for" old Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You are right, their testimony was tragically overblown drama queenery
                          No, your degrading attitude toward the January 6 tragedy and the testimony of the Law Enforcement officers was was extremely cold and disrespectful based on a dishonest agenda.
                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

No, your degrading attitude toward the January 6 tragedy and the testimony of the Law Enforcement officers was was extremely cold and disrespectful based on a dishonest agenda.

e89311fa5c4e1ae5ad2a46aaca308181--memes.jpg
                            Last edited by Sparko; 07-29-2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I can only imagine you indignantly puffing out your chest as you typed that out in, um, "righteous" fury.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I can only imagine you indignantly puffing out your chest as you typed that out in, um, "righteous" fury.
                                A liberal talking about being disrespectful of law enforcement officers. I almost spewed my coffee all over my keyboard.

Comment