Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Select Committee Hearing on January 6th riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The mob besieging the Kavanaugh hearings (even getting now VP Harris angry with her fellow travelers) was hard to ignore since the hearings were covered live by many stations. And the MSM absolutely adored those that physically intimidated Flake.

The AOC-led mob didn't get much coverage though.
    Because that was a "righteous" mob!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Because that was a "righteous" mob!
      You forgot to include the word "self" immediately before "righteous" and perhaps joining them with a hyphen.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You forgot to include the word "self" immediately before "righteous" and perhaps joining them with a hyphen.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Comparing the capitol riot with a war zone and claiming it was worse is not only top notch Drama Queenery, it is a slight against anyone who had to fight in a war.
          True, but not everyone in a war zone sees combat. The older half-brother of a couple of my friends of old, did his tour in Vietnam never once stepping foot outside of Saigon. He was in supply and said that except for the sound of a bomb going off in the distance and the occasional sound of a gunshot it wasn't much different than home (the family lived in LA at that time).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

One of them said the riot was worse than him being in Iraq.
            And Dementia Joe claimed it was worse than the Civil War.

For the record, over half-a-million soldiers died in the Civil War in a brutal conflict that very nearly destroyed the country.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

True, but not everyone in a war zone sees combat. The older half-brother of a couple of my friends of old, did his tour in Vietnam never once stepping foot outside of Saigon. He was in supply and said that except for the sound of a bomb going off in the distance and the occasional sound of a gunshot it wasn't much different than home (the family lived in LA at that time).
              Yeah maybe the police guy was a paper pusher in Iraq. But still he should never have been as disrespectful to actual combat veterans as to suggest his "ordeal" in the capitol riot was comparable to fighting in an actual war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And Dementia Joe claimed it was worse than the Civil War.

For the record, over half-a-million soldiers died in the Civil War in a brutal conflict that very nearly destroyed the country.
                His supposed point was while this was the worst insurrection since the Civil War, and even then, the capitol was never invaded. But as I had previously posted:

Old Joe was on TV declaring that how during the Civil War insurrectionists never made it to the capitol much less entered it and how that was the first time.

Old Joe is confused.

Old Joe is wrong.

Just off the top of my head...

What about the Puerto Rican separatists that entered the House of Representatives in the '50s and opened fire on the Congressmen, shooting five -- one seriously?

What about the guy (a university professor I believe) who set off a bomb consisting of a couple of sticks of dynamite inside the capitol to protest WWI? Fortunately the Senate chambers, where he wanted to put the bomb, was locked, so he stuck it in a nearby closet so when it exploded nobody was hurt.

What about the bombing of the Capitol's north wing during the 80s in protest to protest our involvement in Lebanon? Fortunately nobody was injured but only because the Senate adjourned earlier than expected.

What about when a man stormed the Capitol in an attempt to assassinate the House Majority Whip at the time, Tom DeLay (R-TX), killing two Capitol Police officers before being subdued? IIRC, that was when Clinton was president.

And of course, most recently, what about the angry mob that stormed the Capitol during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing? Their behavior even caused now VP Kamala Harris to tell her fellow travelers "We will not be bullied" and resulted in hundreds being arrested after swarming into the Senate buildings and galleries, including the Russell Senate Office Building rotunda. Moreover, a couple of them even forcibly entered an elevator with then Senator Jeff Flake, refusing to let the elevator move or Flake exit, in order to physically intimidate him into asking for the FBI to do yet another investigation (which found nothing) and delaying the process for several days. The MSM hailed that confrontation where he was likely in far greater danger than AOC and her drama queen act ever was (not even being in the same building), which the same media was incredibly sympathetic toward.

ETA: And how can I forget this

aoc-51-protesters-arrested-2018.jpg

The same clown who captivated everyone with her tale of being terrorized by the Jan. 6 protestors -- even though they were in a different building

As I noted, that was off the top of my head. As I was reposting this I remember another bombing of the capitol. One during the Vietnam War by the Weather Underground.

Comment

The melodrama from the left can be cut with a knife.
                  Did you listen to the testimony by the law officers involved?
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Yes, that is what I was commenting about. Hand-picked drama queens with statements obviously written for them.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

THis officer who supported the violence last summer but got all weepy at Congress about 1/6?
                      https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/27...K6kVPs.twitter

Comment

A very interesting read, with a long list of tweets made by one of the officers who testified, ranging from calling Trump the 'Racist In Chief' to cheering on the riots in Kenosha, to attacking Tucker Carlson and asking why "murder is an appropriate response to property damage but property damage isn't an appropriate response to murder"

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

THis officer who supported the violence last summer but got all weepy at Congress about 1/6?
                          Yup. Our little drama queen has no problem with violent rioting when it's a cause he approves of.

Comment

Let's be a little more fair. The officers at the Capital on Jan. 6th obviously went through a tough time. I don't want to disparage what they experienced. I certainly would never want to go through something like that.

On the other hand, I think it's fully correct to respond to the POLITICIANS who are exploiting the situation for their own gain. Not that this is new, politicians have been doing this for centuries.

I suppose it's all right to say something about the officers who testified that they are being used. For me that's shaky and I'm going to refrain from comment until the testimony gets off the events of January 6th and starts talking about the causes.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Yes, that is what I was commenting about. Hand-picked drama queens with statements obviously written for them.
                              The four officers were sworn in prior to presenting their testimony. Do you believe their testimony was false? And, if so, do you think the four of them should be charged with perjury?
                              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

In response to right-wing pundits mocking his testimony, today one of the officers said the following:

"I've spent quite a bit of time in my career testifying in court, and I always felt most comfortable when defense attorneys resorted to theatrical tactics because I knew that they no longer had facts to support their argument, and so they had to insult me, insult my appearance, or try to chip away at my credibility. But in this case the facts are the facts, they are supported by hundreds of hours of videotape evidence, Eye witness testimony. They are undisputable, so if they want to disparage me, or call me a member of Antifa, or talk about my neck tattoos, I couldn't care less. What does concern me is the fact that those entertainers have an audience, and that audience takes their words and the rhetoric that they use as more than just entertainment. They think it's real, and that thought process has real life consequences, and we saw the result of that on January 6th." - Officer Michael Fanone, DC Metropolitan Police

As an aside, Officer Fanone today released a recording of a voice message that was left for him while he was testifying:

"This is for Michael Fanone, Metropolitan Police Officer. You're on trial right now lying and not. You want an Emmy, an Oscar, what are you trying to go for here? You're so full of s***, you little f****t f***er. You're a little p***y, man. I could slap you up the side of your head with a backhand and knock you out, you little f****t. You're a punk f****t. You're a lying f***. How about all the scummy black f***ing scum for two years destroying our cities and burning them and stealing all that s*** out of the stores and everything. How about that and assaulting cops and killing people. How about that, you f***er. That was shit on the G** d*** Capitol. I wish they would have killed all you scumbags, because you people are scum. They stole the election from Trump, and you know that, you scumbag. And you f***ing, too bad they didn't beat the s*** out of you more. You're a piece of s***. You're a little f**, you f***ing scumbag"

A very eloquent criticism of Fanone's testimony. I think Trump may have found his next press secretary...
                                "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                                "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment