Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Select Committee Hearing on January 6th riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

yep. From what I have read/seen the Krystallnacht was instigated by Hitler but carried out by not only storm troopers but a civilian mob, going after jews and smashing shops and burning, looting (remind you of anything in the last year?)
    He was, oddly enough, a very charismatic clut leader who quite successfully duped a whole bunch of Germans into doing his bidding.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• https://www.newsmax.com/us/ashli-bab...25/id/1033754/

Officer Who Shot Ashli Babbitt Revealing Identity in Interview

The Capitol Police officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt at the U.S. House Chamber during the events taking place at the Capitol on Jan. 6 will reveal his identity publicly in an interview Thursday.

The exclusive interview with NBC News' Lester Holt will be the first time the police officer, whose identity has not been revealed since the shooting, has spoken out publicly about shooting Babbitt while she and other protesters were outside the glass doors to the Speaker's Lobby at the Capitol, the network said in a statement Wednesday...

We'll see. I am imagining a dark silhouette with a computer-augmented voice during the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

They definitely enabled Hitler to get to power and cheered him on when he started out blaming the Jews for all their ills. But after that I think they realized too late what a monster they helped create and they regretted it. I bet a lot of the cheering of Hitler you see on those newsreels of the war was more out of fear than love.
        In all honesty, like most people tend to do, there appears to have been a great deal of willingness to look the other way and keep cheering ... as long as Germany was winning. As long as they rolled through Poland. And the Low Countries. And France. As long as they gobbled up Lebensraum in the East. Many things can be ignored in times like that.

Of course, when things started to sour -- especially in Russia, but also when they lost all their gains in Africa and Allied forces beginning to move into Sicily and Italy (and finally, after Normandy) and folks saw the monster for what he was.

Now of course that wasn't true for every Germans. There were those that resisted and surrendered when given an opportunity (only an option outside the Eastern front), but in numbers they were few.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

My error - I shouldn't engage seriously with a dishonest

Perhaps you clould explain why you habitutally derail virtually every thread you enter.
          You derailed this thread by asking about Nazi Germany and making uninformed comments about German history.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You derailed this thread by asking about Nazi Germany and making uninformed comments about German history.
            I'm aware of that. Which is why I said "My error - I shouldn't engage seriously with a dishonest

Apparently, you want to keep derailing it, and again -- I plead guilty to ignorance about your country, because I really really don't care.
            I have already pointed out that I don't dabble in your legal system, because I really don't know how it works - and don't care.

Unlike you who constantly spews forth incredibly ignorant things about my country, because you cannot help yourself.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              https://www.newsmax.com/us/ashli-bab...25/id/1033754/

The Capitol Police officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt at the U.S. House Chamber during the events taking place at the Capitol on Jan. 6 will reveal his identity publicly in an interview Thursday.

The exclusive interview with NBC News' Lester Holt will be the first time the police officer, whose identity has not been revealed since the shooting, has spoken out publicly about shooting Babbitt while she and other protesters were outside the glass doors to the Speaker's Lobby at the Capitol, the network said in a statement Wednesday...

We'll see. I am imagining a dark silhouette with a computer-augmented voice during the interview.
              Wow, the little coward is going to step out of the shadows? Maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                https://www.newsmax.com/us/ashli-bab...25/id/1033754/

Lester Holt. This guy?

Look forward to a lovefest and the sort of softballs Biden got prior to his Afghanistan fiasco on steroids.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Lester Holt. This guy?

Look forward to a lovefest and the sort of softballs Biden got prior to his Afghanistan fiasco on steroids.
                  Yup, they'll make him a real hero, which will prejudice any jury in a civil case.

Comment

Yup, they'll make him a real hero, which will prejudice any jury in a civil case.
                    Which might be why he's doing it.

Comment

I'm aware of that. Which is why I said "My error - I shouldn't engage seriously with a dishonest

Apparently, you want to keep derailing it, and again -- I plead guilty to ignorance about your country, because I really really don't care.
                      I have already pointed out that I don't dabble in your legal system, because I really don't know how it works - and don't care.

Unlike you who constantly spews forth incredibly ignorant things about my country, because you cannot help yourself.
                      Of course you never have made incredibly ignorant remarks about my country and its history, have you?

"It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Of course you never have made incredibly ignorant remarks about my country and its history, have you?

Nope.

Comment

Nope.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

That's about the depth of your intelligence.

Comment

Does that mean that you failed to find an example?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Does that mean that you failed to find an example?
                                I have already noted it.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment