Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Olympic ratings crash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Not all of them. Just the ones that the MSM fawns over.

And I lost interest in the Olympics when they started with doing a 5 minute biography of someone who always had some difficulty to surmount to make it to the Olympics) then watching them for anywhere from ten seconds to a minute tops. Then on to the next person to do the same thing to.

Why do they think I want someone's life story before seeing them perform? Especially since that was very likely the last time I'd ever hear of them. When you add the commercial and the commentary you got 5 minutes or so of actual events.

No thanks. Wasn't that interested any way.

At this point I am not going to watch the olympics to try to figure out which athletes/teams are liberal flag haters and which one's aren't. The fact that they even allowed known haters to represent the USA is enough to turn me off of the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Don't care.
      Speaking as a sport's fan, I'm just not at all into it. I might check out a clip on YT if it's in my recommended, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

that^ our girls soccer team got beat by a bunch of hot blonde Swedish girls...
        When I heard about that, my first thought was, eat that Rapinoe

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          our girls soccer team got beat by a bunch of hot blonde Swedish girls...
          I understand the Swedish team won the game, too.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Speaking as a sport's fan, I'm just not at all into it. I might check out a clip on YT if it's in my recommended, but that's about it.
            You're allowed.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Don't care.
              Me too neither.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                When I heard about that, my first thought was, eat that Rapinoe
                In that case you'll probably appreciate these

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Olympics? Oh, is that this year?
                  When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                    That's actually a good point. When they started having an Olympics every two years rather than four it took a whole lot of the "specialness" and anticipation.

And yes I'm aware that the Summer Olympics, like the Winter ones as well, only take place every four years, but I think changing it so that one or the other is on every even year[1] was a big mistake.

1. this year is an exception due to the Chicom coronavirus. Tokyo was supposed to host it in 2020.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                      It's weird, because they are "the 2020 Olympics", I guess because the Olympics are always in even years.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's weird, because they are "the 2020 Olympics", I guess because the Olympics are always in even years.
                        I luv u 2 me favoritist older liddle twin brudder from anudder mudder

Comment

I used to like to watch men's Olympic figure skating, when there were such notable Canadians as Kurt Browning and Elvis Stojko. But even that has lost it's lustre now that those are out of the picture due to retirement.

Browning's skating in particular was spectacular. And he's an Alberta "boy", too.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I used to like to watch men's Olympic figure skating, when there were such notable Canadians as Kurt Browning and Elvis Stojko. But even that has lost it's lustre now that those are out of the picture due to retirement.

Browning's skating in particular was spectacular. And he's an Alberta "boy", too.
                            What is it with wimmenfolk and figure skating?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              What is it with wimmenfolk and figure skating?
                              Just men's. Women's skating never interested me.

And, to answer your question,

Comment

I don't quite feel bad for them. They chose to go ahead with it in spite of all that's going on in the world. I personally think that the games should have been done away with years ago. I don't understand what purpose they fulfill except to boost the pride of the athletes and the countries involved, and to line the pockets of sponsors.
                                Couldn't one make that accusation of all professional sports, though?

Comment