Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Olympic ratings crash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic ratings crash...

good...

OLYMPICS OPENING CEREMONY RATINGS MISS ADVERTISER EXPECTATIONS

NBCU went out this weekend with make-goods as ratings for the opener hit a 33-year low

https://adage.com/article/special-re...ations/2353011

https://www.businessinsider.com/rio-...problem-2016-8

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Don't care.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I have youtube TV and it has something called "The Olympic Channel" on it but all I see there seems to be 24 hours of Tennis.

But I haven't been watching any olympics on any channel this year. Not really interested. And don't really care if the USA wins or loses, because our teams are a bunch of whiny woke nitwits who hate our country. They don't deserve to represent the USA or to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        And don't really care if the USA wins or loses, because our teams are a bunch of whiny woke nitwits who hate our country. They don't deserve to represent the USA or to win.

that^ our girls soccer team got beat by a bunch of hot blonde Swedish girls...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Don't care.
          Ditto. Somehow with everything go on, the Olympics isn't important.

I do feel bad for Japan that their time in the spotlight got ruined.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I have youtube TV and it has something called "The Olympic Channel" on it but all I see there seems to be 24 hours of Tennis.

But I haven't been watching any olympics on any channel this year. Not really interested. And don't really care if the USA wins or loses, because our teams are a bunch of whiny woke nitwits who hate our country. They don't deserve to represent the USA or to win.
            Not all of them. Just the ones that the MSM fawns over.

And I lost interest in the Olympics when they started with doing a 5 minute biography of someone who always had some difficulty to surmount to make it to the Olympics) then watching them for anywhere from ten seconds to a minute tops. Then on to the next person to do the same thing to.

Why do they think I want someone's life story before seeing them perform? Especially since that was very likely the last time I'd ever hear of them. When you add the commercial and the commentary you got 5 minutes or so of actual events.

No thanks. Wasn't that interested any way.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Ditto. Somehow with everything go on, the Olympics isn't important.

I do feel bad for Japan that their time in the spotlight got ruined.
              I don't quite feel bad for them. They chose to go ahead with it in spite of all that's going on in the world. I personally think that the games should have been done away with years ago. I don't understand what purpose they fulfill except to boost the pride of the athletes and the countries involved, and to line the pockets of sponsors.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I don't quite feel bad for them. They chose to go ahead with it in spite of all that's going on in the world. I personally think that the games should have been done away with years ago. I don't understand what purpose they fulfill except to boost the pride of the athletes and the countries involved, and to line the pockets of sponsors.
                The members of the Olympic committee are treated like royalty -- literally. And they demand it as well.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Only thing I watch is Curling in the Winter Olympics these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                    i like the down hill and ski jump

Comment

I remember some talk about who can cancel the Olympics. My memory is the Japanese couldn't do it. I think it would have had to come from the International Committee.

So we can add the athletic-industrial complex to the military-industry complex, the medical-industry complex, the educational-industrial complex, etc.? Gads, I feel like a piece of raw material being grabbed by one of these industries and molded into what they want - all the while paying them to do that to me.
                      Last edited by Thoughtful Monk; 07-26-2021, 01:11 PM. Reason: corrected a spelling mistake
                      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                        You and Teallaura should get together.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Gads, I feel like a piece of raw material being grabbed by one of these industries and molded into what they want - all the while paying them to do that to me.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

i like the down hill and ski jump
                            I figured you for a biathlon sort a guy. Cross-country skiing and target shooting. You know, assassination practice in a snowy environment.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I figured you for a biathlon sort a guy. Cross-country skiing and target shooting. You know, assassination practice in a snowy environment.
                              i am, but it is kind of boring...

Comment