Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Massive Protests In France, Australia, against Covid passports and lockdowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Not if you value what's left of your sanity. Even we get driven to distraction trying to make sense of it.
    Seriously, it's on my bucket list to visit Australia. When I was a College Minister, we had a student from Australia. I was always fascinated that her flight would leave Australia the day after she arrived in Houston.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Seriously, it's on my bucket list to visit Australia. When I was a College Minister, we had a student from Australia. I was always fascinated that her flight would leave Australia the day after she arrived in Houston.
      Visited a few places in Australia during my Navy time. Sidney is awesome. To me it had a very "San Diego" vibe to it.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Visited a few places in Australia during my Navy time. Sidney is awesome. To me it had a very "San Diego" vibe to it.
        For the same reason? Major port of call kind of thing?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

For the same reason? Major port of call kind of thing?
          No. I think it just "felt" similar. I think it was the weather when we got there, and it felt like many of the buildings would have been right at home in San Diego. It just had a "samey" vibe to it. Except, there was a very large number of "Gyro and Pizza" places all over the city. Felt as common as starbucks, I swear.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

No. I think it just "felt" similar. I think it was the weather when we got there, and it felt like many of the buildings would have been right at home in San Diego. It just had a "samey" vibe to it. Except, there was a very large number of "Gyro and Pizza" places all over the city. Felt as common as starbucks, I swear.
            Interesting!

Comment

Watch: Chaos Erupts On The Streets Of Berlin As Police Attack Anti-Lockdown Protesters

Covid cult resistance getting physical in Germany. Video clips are in the article.

Worldwide protests against the decimation of freedom continued this weekend, with Berlin in Germany becoming the focal point as thousands took to the streets, rising up against lockdowns and the introduction of vaccine passports in the country.

As we reported last week, authorities in Germany have indicated that unvaccinated people could be banned from cinemas and restaurants and that those who have taken the jab will have “more freedom.”

Angela Merkel’s chief of staff Helge Braun stated that unvaccinated people, even if they test negative for COVID, would not be allowed to go to venues like restaurants, cinemas, or stadiums, because “the risk to everyone else is too high.”

Footage from the weekend highlighted riot police fighting with protesters, pepper spraying people and even aggressively pushing around old women and children.

The AP reports that 600 people were arrested.

Comment

More brutality by the covid cult German goons. They even hit a little kid concerned about how they're manhandling his mother (video is second to the bottom).

UN Special Rapporteur On Torture Requests Info On German Police Brutalizing Anti-Lockdown Protesters

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                  As I said, "poorly designed political system", as the gridlock is built-in as part of the poorly conceived 'checks and balances'.
                  You're level of ignorance never seek to amaze at just what depths it can sink to.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Funny how liberals never had a problem with the Constitutional system when Nutsy Pelosi was using it to "check" President Trump.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                      I've personally discussed the US system of 'checks and balances' multiple times in the past on this forum. Please don't falsely pretend I know nothing about it

What is up with you and this 'gotcha' posting that you keep doing constantly falsely claiming I know nothing about US politics? You've been wrong every single time with it. There hasn't been a single instance of you actually catching me out for not knowing something, but you do it over and over again. Is there something mentally wrong with you?
                      While maybe you posted something about it before, your comments here revealed a sorely missing lack of familiarity.

And that is the crux of the problem.

You keep roaring in and declaring that you know so much more about America than nearly everyone else[1] only to make some totally off the wall and remarkably easy to debunk nonsense. Like claiming that a CEO in the U.S. could be criminally prosecuted for failing to make a profit.

Within the last week you ignorantly proclaimed that the U.S. arrested a Chinese CEO when it was in Canada and by Canadian officials. And as usual you did not take having your error pointed out to you well insisting that you knew and understood that. But then you turned right back around and started blathering about the U.S. arresting her.

Maybe if you weren't so arrogantly ignorant in your pontifications, and so full of yourself Mr. "I don't care if you recognize my genius" and showed even the slightest willingness to be corrected rather than lashing out and bragging that you're the smartest person in whatever room you walked into, all the while making rudimentary mistakes, you wouldn't keep setting yourself up for a fall.

1. remember your buffoonish "Just admit you were totally wrong you moron, don't try and weasel your way out on a technicality. And don't pretend to educate me about things I know 10x more than you about." boast trying to cover for one of your spectacular faceplants? I certainly haven't forgotten

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Funny how liberals never had a problem with the Constitutional system when Nutsy Pelosi was using it to "check" President Trump.
                        To be fair we see this sort of flipflopping from both sides.

For instance, when they're in charge of the Senate Republicans don't like the filibuster, grumbling about putting an end to it, while the Democrats think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And when the Senate changes leadership and the Democrats get in charge they start plotting to do away with it and Republicans are now its biggest defenders.

I've seen this happen exactly as I described a few times now.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          To be fair we see this sort of flipflopping from both sides.

For instance, when they're in charge of the Senate Republicans don't like the filibuster, grumbling about putting an end to it, while the Democrats think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And when the Senate changes leadership and the Democrats get in charge they start plotting to do away with it and Republicans are now its biggest defenders.

I've seen this happen exactly as I described a few times now.
                          Frustrating as it can be, I want to keep the "legislative" filibuster. But I'm inclined to eliminate the potential for cabinet nominees to be filibustered. I think the POTUS from either party should have wide latitude in that area.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Frustrating as it can be, I want to keep the "legislative" filibuster. But I'm inclined to eliminate the potential for cabinet nominees to be filibustered. I think the POTUS from either party should have wide latitude in that area.
                            I think it should remain as well, but go back to the old days when you really had to work to maintain one. Back when Senator's would wear diapers because once they left...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I think it should remain as well, but go back to the old days when you really had to work to maintain one. Back when Senator's would wear diapers because once they left...
                              Yes!
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Yes!
                                FWIU, they now have meal breaks as well as a few others. And they adjourn for the night so you can even go home for a night's sleep while filibustering.

Comment