Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Massive Protests In France, Australia, against Covid passports and lockdowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Paris still fighting covid cult totalitarianism. I didn't think the French had it in them either.

Protesters Rage In Paris Against "Health Passports

Try bringing that to the US.

How come there are not that many people in America that are rising up against these illegal lockdowns and mask mandates? These are a form of religion but deny the power of God.

Will we just give up our economy and freedom for this false sense of security? It seems so odd that others are waking up to the problem of totalitarianism but not the people in America.

We have already had so many standard medical doctors (i.e., not people expecting conspiracy before) who have now recognized that the pandemic response has been all wrong. The effective treatments were suppressed. The "need" for a vaccine was proclaimed just months into the pandemic -- how would this already be decided? The test kits for COVID-19 were being sold in 2018. The cowering in our homes was supposed to last two weeks but now is for a year. the covid shots do not stop covid-19 but now they want you to get booster shots that might protect you from a variant. There is no PCR test for a variant -- so there is no way to say how far a variant is spreading -- if these variants even have significance.

Comment

Meet your totalitarian overlords...

Military deployed to help enforce lockdown

Yes, I now see your point. These soldiers, unarmed, have been assigned the task of distributing aid packages to people who need them, and to keep an eye on things at places where Covid vaccinations are taking place. They have not been assigned any policing roles at all. Yup - we should all be shaking in our boots.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Yes, I now see your point. These soldiers, unarmed, have been assigned the task of distributing aid packages to people who need them, and to keep an eye on things at places where Covid vaccinations are taking place. They have not been assigned any policing roles at all. Yup - we should all be shaking in our boots.

From the article...

Despite five weeks of lockdown, infections in the nation's largest city continue to spread. Officials recorded 170 new cases on Friday. Soldiers will join police in virus hotspots to ensure people are following the rules, which include a 10km (6.2 miles) travel limit.

State Police Minister David Elliott said it would help because a small minority of Sydneysiders thought "the rules didn't apply to them". Information provided by health officials indicates the virus is mainly spreading through permitted movement.

The Australian Lawyers Alliance, a civil rights group, called the deployment a "concerning use" of the army in a liberal democracy.

Comment

From the article...

Lolol 6.2 mile travel limit. Because the virus is limited by distance traveled.

Comment

The Australian Lawyers Alliance, a civil rights group, called the deployment a "concerning use" of the army in a liberal democracy.
            So the initial concept was revised in response to perfectly reasonable objections. Police who would have otherwise have been diverted to non-policing roles have been freed to return to their normal duties by providing soldiers to do the non-standard work that doesn't involve policing. All of which is, of course, a wholly unconscionable exercise of totalitarian overlordship.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

It is amazingly sensitive to altitude, also. Above 3 feet in a restaurant, it is deadly, but below 3 feet, it is completely safe!

virus 3 feet.jpg
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

If that isn't a badly worded article, those restrictions would do nothing to contain an outbreak. Normal quarantine measures would set a centre with a stated radius from that centre, and no crossing the boundary in either direction. 10 km would be a diameter rather than a radius though if you were going to be serious. - large enough to allow access to necessary services. But Sydney is a long way from where I live, so all that is only a guess.
                Last edited by tabibito; 08-02-2021, 11:15 AM.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

So the initial concept was revised in response to perfectly reasonable objections. Police who would have otherwise have been diverted to non-policing roles have been freed to return to their normal duties by providing soldiers to do the non-standard work that doesn't involve policing. All of which is, of course, a wholly unconscionable exercise of totalitarian overlordship.
                  Correct. Police can apparently return to "non-standard" work instead of enforcing lockdown rules to those that think "the rules didn't apply to them." Plus, dudes in military garb is intimidating enough to get the message through.

Comment

Correct. Police can apparently return to "non-standard" work instead of enforcing lockdown rules to those that think "the rules didn't apply to them." Plus, dudes in military garb is intimidating enough to get the message through.
                    You really have no idea how things work in Australia.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I could care less. I had forgotten about it since yesterday. You were the one that for some reason rehashed the subject.

Comment

I could care less. I had forgotten about it since yesterday. You were the one that for some reason rehashed the subject.
                        Simple enough - it came up in a news broadcast late yesterday while I was scanning through posts.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

That's how I feel when ferreners try to tell us how our government works.

I think I'll come to Australia and do my own investigative study.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's how I feel when ferreners try to tell us how our government works.

I think I'll come to Australia and do my own investigative study.
                            Not if you value what's left of your sanity. Even we get driven to distraction trying to make sense of it.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Paris still fighting covid cult totalitarianism. I didn't think the French had it in them either.

Protesters Rage In Paris Against "Health Passports

Try bringing that to the US.
                              I hope enough people here still have the 'nads to refresh the tree of liberty, but I doubt it.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I hope enough people here still have the 'nads to refresh the tree of liberty, but I doubt it.
                                Nah, they will, though it will be an extremely polarizing affair, as we've seen. I expect the Dems to get real authoritarian soon, which is why they're laying the propaganda groundwork of "domestic terrorist conservatives" in advance.

Comment