Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MoreTrumpian election Lawsuits down the toilet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoreTrumpian election Lawsuits down the toilet.

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/judge-tosses-lawsuit-attempting-overturn-004400466.html

Judge tosses lawsuit attempting to overturn Georgia Senate runoff elections

Carly Roman

A lawsuit in Georgia seeking to overturn the results of the state's twin U.S. Senate runoff elections in January was dismissed by a judge during a hearing on Monday.

Judge Brian Amero of Henry County's Superior Court rejected the case filed by plaintiff Michael Daugherty, a Fulton County resident, who claimed the Senate runoff contests, both won by Democrats, were plagued by misconduct and sought a new election with paper ballots.

Amero agreed with the defendants in the case — including Sens. Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock, as well as Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger — who argued the lawsuit was filed too late and was properly served, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Daugherty, who said he would appeal the decision, alleged ballots were improperly tabulated at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta on election night in November prior to the January runoff elections. Those allegations were investigated and dismissed by officials with the secretary of state's office.

Daugherty also alleged the state's Dominion Voting Systems machines did not count votes accurately. Dominion has filed lawsuits against a slew of pro-Trump attorneys who made similar allegations, and election officials have vehemently denied these charges of malfeasance. The company filed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against former President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, a similar suit against lawyer Sidney Powell, and a $1 billion suit against My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell.

© Copyright Original Source

They need to put these lawsuits in perforated rolls.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Wow --- yet ANOTHER psychotic I HATE TRUMP thread!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      A lawsuit in Georgia seeking to overturn the results of the state's twin U.S. Senate runoff elections in January was dismissed by a judge during a hearing on Monday.
      The last tabulation I saw of election related lawsuits that Trump and his followers have filed was back in January. At that time, Trump had lost 85 lawsuits and won 1, but the one he won was overturned on appeal. So, as of January, Trump is 0 for 86 in the courts.

Since that time, other cases have gone against Trump (including the one you refer to in this thread), but I don't have an exact count. I am not aware of any election related lawsuits that Trump has won.
      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

5c6.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
          The last tabulation I saw of election related lawsuits that Trump and his followers have filed was back in January. At that time, Trump had lost 85 lawsuits and won 1, but the one he won was overturned on appeal. So, as of January, Trump is 0 for 86 in the courts.
          I found a website which lists the status of court cases as of April 16, 2021. I did a quick manual count and got 90 losses for Trump and 11 cases still pending.
          Last edited by Reepicheep; 07-24-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

First of all, this has nothing to do with President Trump since neither he nor any member of his staff were involved with the lawsuit.

And secondly, like almost every other lawsuit surrounding the fraudulent election, this case was dismissed not for lack of merit but based on procedural issues, in this instance, the judge ruling that "the lawsuit was filed too late". This is suspiciously similar to the bait and switch the courts pulled in 2020 when they dismissed lawsuits prior to the election claiming the plaintiffs had not suffered any harm because the election hadn't happened yet, and then claiming after that the lawsuits were moot because the election was already over.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

I found a website which lists the status of court cases as of April 16, 2021. I did a quick manual count and got 90 losses for Trump and 11 cases still pending.

Still pending since April? Anyone holding their breath? Still batting zero for Trumpian lawsuits. You add more looses since April.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Still pending since April? Anyone holding their breath? Still batting zero for Trumpian lawsuits. You add more losses since April.
                I haven't seen any news reports about election lawsuits that Trump or his supporters won (other than the one overturned on appeal), so I think it is safe to assume Trump has had no court victories thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  First of all, this has nothing to do with President Trump since neither he nor any member of his staff were involved with the lawsuit.
                  Given that it was inspired by the misinformation spread by Trump and his lawyers, it is not true that it has nothing to do with Trump.

Source: https://www.ajc.com/politics/judge-dismisses-lawsuit-that-sought-to-overturn-georgia-senate-elections/I6QLFSUFHRBYJFIT7WNRIECM7M/

The plaintiff, Fulton County resident Michael Daugherty, said the senate election was marred by misconduct, raising doubts that Warnock and Ossoff were the true winners. He cited allegations of improper ballot counting at State Farm Arena in Atlanta on election night in November. Those allegations were investigated and debunked by the Secretary of State’s Office.

Among other things, he also said the state’s Dominion Voting System machines did not accurately record the results — claims that election officials say are false and have led to defamation lawsuits against some of the attorneys who have spread them.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

And secondly, like almost every other lawsuit surrounding the fraudulent election, this case was dismissed not for lack of merit but based on procedural issues, in this instance, the judge ruling that "the lawsuit was filed too late". This is suspiciously similar to the bait and switch the courts pulled in 2020 when they dismissed lawsuits prior to the election claiming the plaintiffs had not suffered any harm because the election hadn't happened yet, and then claiming after that the lawsuits were moot because the election was already over.
                    Exactly. Months ago, Trey Gowdy suggested the lawsuits were unlikely to go anywhere for exactly these reasons. File preemptively, "Sorry, you haven't suffered any harm, so you don't have standing." File reactively, "Sorry, it's too late. It would be too disruptive. You should have filed in advance." Sometimes it's because the courts are cowardly, sometimes it's because the courts don't want to get involved in something that is purely political, sometimes it's because the courts themselves have a political agenda. Can't be fixed without legislation restricting the latitude of judges.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Given that it was inspired by the misinformation spread by Trump and his lawyers, it is not true that it has nothing to do with Trump.
                      I hope you didn't hurt yourself trying to stretch that far.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I hope you didn't hurt yourself trying to stretch that far.
                        Yeah, I guess one could argue that the fact that he was dumb enough to believe the lies, and base a lawsuit on them, shouldn't reflect badly on the ones who told the lies in the first place.

Comment