Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sentences handed out to January 6 rioters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the face of insurrection? I think he wandered into Pelosi's office while looking for the party keg.

desk.jpg

Comment

The January 6 riot on Capital Hill was terrible. Just look at this:

GettyImages_1235310162.jpg
      mai_1430299844-768x432.jpg
      Screen-Shot-2020-05-30-at-3.05.53-PM-900x508-1.jpg

Oh, my bad, that's Antifa and Black Lives Matter.

Here's one from January 6:

ao4vj9hyt8wzni1tefju.jpeg

Terrible. Simply terrible.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        This is the face of insurrection? I think he wandered into Pelosi's office while looking for the party keg.

desk.jpg

The funny thing is, as usual the Dems contradict themselves. On one hand, Biden says armed resisters can't match a government with nukes and F-15s. On the other hand, "insurrectionists" supposedly overthrew the Capitol building with NO arms whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          The January 6 riot on Capital Hill was terrible. Just look at this:

Oh, my bad, that's Antifa and Black Lives Matter.

Here's one from January 6:

Terrible. Simply terrible.
          So we have nighttime versus daytime, fires versus no fires, masks (hidden identities) versus no masks, weapons versus no weapons, and American flags versus no American flags.

And Leftists will say "Forget about all those 2020 mostly-peaceful protests. January 6 was a riot, an insurrection, a blight upon humanity! All participants should all be executed!"

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

The funny thing is, as usual the Dems contradict themselves. On one hand, Biden says armed resisters can't match a government with nukes and F-15s. On the other hand, "insurrectionists" supposedly overthrew the Capitol building with NO arms whatsoever.
            Can you imagine what would have happened had a Leftist mob infiltrated the dome? It would have been burned to the ground.

Comment

Can you imagine what would have happened had a Leftist mob infiltrated the dome? It would have been burned to the ground.
              Leftist mobs twice swarmed the Capitol in 2018 alone. Once interrupting the Senate confirmation of Kavanaugh and another time by AOC, not just to sit in Pelosi's chair but to effectively hold her hostage for a few hours.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Leftist mobs twice swarmed the Capitol in 2018 alone. Once interrupting the Senate confirmation of Kavanaugh and another time by AOC, not just to sit in Pelosi's chair but to effectively hold her hostage for a few hours.
                But those were officially-sanctioned mobs so they couldn't torch the place. It's the unsanctioned (wink wink nod nod) mobs of 2020 that are of the scorched earth variety.

Comment

I have no doubt far more Capitol cops would have died or been injured that day at the ACTUAL hands of the leftist mob, not the indirect deaths that occurred outside the riot the left pretends was linked to the riot.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

If this was really people trying to overthrow the government, I find these sentences very mild and lenient. For me, this undercuts the argument that January 6th was an insurrection.
                    It came down to --- the rhetoric was so heated that, when it came time for the actual sentencing, the psychotic screaming had to be dialed way down.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What is fascinating is that there are those on the left who want the months of rioting and looting to be considered an insurrection.

Last week on the NPR podcast they interviewed an African-American studies professor at Yale, Elizabeth Hinton, during a book club segment. Hinton was on promoting her book America on Fire: The Untold History of Police Violence and Black Rebellion Since the 1960s. Both Hinton and the host pushed the idea that this was open rebellion.

As the host, Danielle Kurtzleben, started the segment:

You talk about these clashes as rebellions -- and quite pointedly, not as riots. It's a very meaningful choice. It really kind of shapes how the reader perceives these clashes. Tell us more about how you made that choice, about the differentiation to you.

Personally I find it refreshing that not only are they not pretending that they were "mostly peaceful protests" and were calling it exactly what it was. Rebellion -- a.k.a., Insurrection.

I think I'll start a thread on this.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What is fascinating is that there are those on the left who want the months of rioting and looting to be considered an insurrection.

Last week on the NPR podcast they interviewed an African-American studies professor at Yale, Elizabeth Hinton, during a book club segment. Hinton was on promoting her book America on Fire: The Untold History of Police Violence and Black Rebellion Since the 1960s. Both Hinton and the host pushed the idea that this was open rebellion.

As the host, Danielle Kurtzleben, started the segment:

You talk about these clashes as rebellions -- and quite pointedly, not as riots. It's a very meaningful choice. It really kind of shapes how the reader perceives these clashes. Tell us more about how you made that choice, about the differentiation to you.

Personally I find it refreshing that not only are they not pretending that they were "mostly peaceful protests" and were calling it exactly what it was. Rebellion -- a.k.a., Insurrection.

I think I'll start a thread on this.
                        Done.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

There was no dodge, goofus --- you asked a question and I answered it for you.

On the "devoted worshiper of Trump" --- I'd love for you to try to say that to my face.

I worship Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and King of my life, and Trump was simply a useful pawn in keeping Hillary from becoming POTUS.

Are you really so birdbrained stupid to think that ANYBODY here believes I am a "devoted worshiper of Trump"?
                          Once again I need to point out the old adage that if you ever want to know what a leftist is up to just look at what the accuse others of doing.

Many on the left quite literally worshiped the Obamessiah. He was routinely compared (favorably I might add) to Jesus and even called God. So it is only natural for folks like shuny to presume that's how Trump was also viewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                            If this was really people trying to overthrow the government, I find these sentences very mild and lenient. For me, this undercuts the argument that January 6th was an insurrection.
                            The protestor who was sentenced to 8 months had numerous factors in his favour which resulted in a lenient sentence (he pled guilty early on, he expressed remorse, he didn't damage the building, and he didn't attack any police officers).

Let's compare this to another hypothetical protestor, who is caught on multiple videos brutally beating a police officer, stealing the officer's shield, using the shield to break a window of the Capitol Building, and then climbing into the building through the window. If this protestor were to claim innocence but is found guilty, I wouldn't be surprised to see a very lengthy prison sentence imposed by the court.

In regards to the protestors who assaulted police officers, the articles I have read predict sentences on the order of 3 to 4 years if the protestor pleads guilty and cooperates with the investigation, and double that if the protestor pleads not guilty and fights the charges in court..
                            "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

The protestor who was sentenced to 8 months had numerous factors in his favour which resulted in a lenient sentence (he pled guilty early on, he expressed remorse, he didn't damage the building, and he didn't attack any police officers).

Let's compare this to another hypothetical protestor, who is caught on multiple videos brutally beating a police officer, stealing the officer's shield, using the shield to break a window of the Capitol Building, and then climbing into the building through the window. If this protestor were to claim innocence but is found guilty, I wouldn't be surprised to see a very lengthy prison sentence imposed by the court.

In regards to the protestors who assaulted police officers, the articles I have read predict sentences on the order of 3 to 4 years if the protestor pleads guilty and cooperates with the investigation, and double that if the protestor pleads not guilty and fights the charges in court..

No, this wasn't a riot - it was an Insurrection against the government. At least that's what the media and Democrats would have us believe. For Insurrection, I would be expecting sentences of 10 to 20 years for just participating and life for the leaders. As I said, these kind of sentence make me think this was really just a riot and the claims of an Insurrection are media and Democratic exaggeration.
                              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Many on the left quite literally worshiped the Obamessiah. He was routinely compared (favorably I might add) to Jesus and even called God.
                                “If Jesus Christ gets down off the cross and told me Trump is with Russia, I would tell him, 'Hold on a second. I need to check with the president if it's true,’” - Donald Trump supporter Mark Lee, November 20, 2017, during a panel discussion on CNN

"My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                                "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment