Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sentences handed out to January 6 rioters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sentences handed out to January 6 rioters

1) Anna Morgan-Lloyd (Indiana), sentenced June 23rd, trespassing (a misdemeanor); $500 fine, three years probation, 40 hours community service

(2) Michael Curzio (Florida), sentenced July 12, unlawful protesting (a misdemeanor); $500 fine, 6 months in prison

(3) Paul Hodgkins (Florida), sentenced July 19, obstructing an official proceeding (a felony); 8 months in prison

I will update this list as more people are sentenced. Since 600 people have thus far been charged, it will take awhile for all the cases to make it through the courts.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

And apparently tortured in prison between the trial and their sentencing.

Comment

Is there a list of arrested and charged persons from last years "peaceful demonstrations", where rioting and burning and killing occurred?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Is there a list of arrested and charged persons from last years "peaceful demonstrations", where rioting and burning and killing occurred?
        Kamala bailed them out and their sentences thrown out by the DA.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Kamala bailed them out and their sentences thrown out by the DA.
          Yuh.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There have been reports about how Democrat DAs have been quietly dropping charges against the looters and rioters. Unlike in D.C. for things like trespassing and unlawful protesting, those arrested during the summer of riots actually had to do something serious to get the police with their stand down orders to respond. In some cities, like Dallas and Philadelphia, as many as 95% of citations were dropped or not prosecuted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              There have been reports about how Democrat DAs have been quietly dropping charges against the looters and rioters. Unlike in D.C. for things like trespassing and unlawful protesting, those arrested during the summer of riots actually had to do something serious to get the police with their stand down orders to respond. In some cities, like Dallas and Philadelphia, as many as 95% of citations were dropped or not prosecuted.
              What a surprise.

Comment

What a surprise.
                Apparently the scam is to reduce the charges and then declare they aren't worthy prosecuting or something to that effect. And then, the few times it does get mentioned by the MSM, it is to use these dropped charges and refusals to prosecute as evidence that the police were just using them to harass innocent protestors who were just minding their own business doing nothing to nobody.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Apparently the scam is to reduce the charges and then declare they aren't worthy prosecuting or something to that effect. And then, the few times it does get mentioned by the MSM, it is to use these dropped charges and refusals to prosecute as evidence that the police were just using them to harass innocent protestors who were just minding their own business doing nothing to nobody.
                  Who would have imagined it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                    1) Anna Morgan-Lloyd (Indiana), sentenced June 23rd, trespassing (a misdemeanor); $500 fine, three years probation, 40 hours community service

(2) Michael Curzio (Florida), sentenced July 12, unlawful protesting (a misdemeanor); $500 fine, 6 months in prison

(3) Paul Hodgkins (Florida), sentenced July 19, obstructing an official proceeding (a felony); 8 months in prison

I will update this list as more people are sentenced. Since 600 people have thus far been charged, it will take awhile for all the cases to make it through the courts.
                    And yet not a one charged with insurrection......

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

And yet not a one charged with insurrection......
                      That point shouldn't get lost....
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Wow, these are actually mild compared to what a lot of the rioters actually did this past summer!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          And apparently tortured in prison between the trial and their sentencing.
                          Apparently?
                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

That point shouldn't get lost....
                            Yes, because they commited insurrection.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Apparently?
                              It's a word that means "appears to", indicating lack of certainty, but moving toward probability.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment