Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fourth US COVID wave has started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Pardon? Where have I referred to staff being fired?
    I'm the one who brought that up --- try really really hard to keep up. Nurses and medical staff are quitting or being fired because they are required to get vaccinated, and they choose not to do so.

And, yes, they fully realize the consequences of their actions.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      I find your attitude callous.
      Hypocrisy personified, folks!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

To a foreigner like yourself that doesn't have a dang clue what they're talking about, perhaps.

There's nothing speculative about it to people in the US, especially those who live in Texas or who (like me) have friends or family in Texas.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/22/10092...t-covid-vaccin
        Have mercy on her - she gets her "news" about Texas from the New York Times. We don't like our Picante Sauce from NYC, either.

new-york-city-.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Mask use in my city had dropped to near zero a few weeks ago but appears to be slowly creeping up again. Thankfully, no stores have yet adopted a mask requirement for entry, and I have a feeling most people would ignore it if they did.
          It was an interesting shopping excursion. Family Dollar about a hundred yards from Giant Eagle had a "mask if not vaxed" policy, but no shoppers wore masks. Giant Eagle had the "everyone please mask" policy, but *at most* one person in ten was wearing a mask. That was in the little shopping plaza outside of town. In town, CVS had a "masks recommended but not required" policy. Rite-Aid pharmacy directly across the street had no visible signs pertaining to masks.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

It's actually something we've known for years and was considered an uncontroversial fact prior to the China flu scare when the government invoked its standard "We must do something; X is something; therefore, we must do X" response to a problem.

But anyway, here's a recent study showing non-medical masks to be nearly 100% ineffective at stopping viruses, and medical masks used in a hospital setting are only around 50% effective at best.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577
            The paper says that cloth masks are inferior to medical grade masks. The study doesn't compare cloth masks or medical grade masks to no masks.
            "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Have mercy on her - she gets her "news" about Texas from the New York Times. We don't like our Picante Sauce from NYC, either.

new-york-city-.jpg
              "Get a rope!"

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

It was an interesting shopping excursion. Family Dollar about a hundred yards from Giant Eagle had a "mask if not vaxed" policy, but no shoppers wore masks. Giant Eagle had the "everyone please mask" policy, but *at most* one person in ten was wearing a mask. That was in the little shopping plaza outside of town. In town, CVS had a "masks recommended but not required" policy. Rite-Aid pharmacy directly across the street had no visible signs pertaining to masks.
                I went out today to buy a used fridge from a local appliance shop, and a prominent sign read "Masks Required Even If You Are Vaccinated!" Exactly zero staff and customers had masks. I don't know why they even bother keeping the sign up since they clearly don't care if you wear a mask or not.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

The paper says that cloth masks are inferior to medical grade masks. The study doesn't compare cloth masks or medical grade masks to no masks.
                  Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

Comment

Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

It sounds like medical grade masks (the type I wear) are much better than wearing no mask. Do you agree? Or do you believe that medical professionals should totally abandon the wearing of masks?

Would you likewise argue that surgeons shouldn't wash their hands before performing surgery?
                    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

new-york-city-.jpg

FWIU, at least at the time, Pace wasn't one of the better Picante sauces on the market

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

FWIU, at least at the time, Pace wasn't one of the better Picante sauces on the market
                        I'd rather go into an authentic Mexican establishment and enjoy whatever they use.

Comment

I went out today to buy a used fridge from a local appliance shop, and a prominent sign read "Masks Required Even If You Are Vaccinated!" Exactly zero staff and customers had masks. I don't know why they even bother keeping the sign up since they clearly don't care if you wear a mask or not.
                          Virtue Signaling?

Comment

I'd rather go into an authentic Mexican establishment and enjoy whatever they use.
                            I prefer the queso -- but without the peppers (@Andius would likely be horrified)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

It sounds like medical grade masks (the type I wear) are much better than wearing no mask. Do you agree? Or do you believe that medical professionals should totally abandon the wearing of masks?

Would you likewise argue that surgeons shouldn't wash their hands before performing surgery?
                              First of all, that's under ideal circumstances as part of a hygiene regimen in a hospital setting, so a best case scenario.

Second, I would not want a sick surgeon operating on me given the limited effectiveness of even medical grade masks.

​​​​​The bottom line is that no matter what mask you use, if you're sick, then you are exhaling the virus with every breath, which is why the China flu spreads the same whether there is high mask compliance or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I prefer the queso -- but without the peppers (@Andius would likely be horrified)
                                I like dumping some of the Pico de Gallo into the queso to give it a little more body.

Comment