Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fourth US COVID wave has started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth US COVID wave has started

The following table showing new daily COVID cases (seven day moving average) in the US on Monday of each week, and the % increase from the previous week, clearly shows that a fourth COVID wave is starting in the United States:

18,946 - May 31
    16,058 - June 7 (down 15%)
    13,969 - June 14 (down 13%)
    12,007 - June 21 (down 14%)
    13,240 - June 28 (up 10%)
    15,368 - July 5 (up 16%)
    22,564 - July 12 (up 47%)
    37,413 - July 19 (up 66%)

What is really striking about this data is how quickly the COVID situation in the US turned around.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

There are not covid cases unless someone is sick. Covid refers to a set of flu-like symptoms and respiratory problems.

The so-called covid cases refers more specifically to tests for SARS-COV-2. However, as we have seen elsewhere, these tests are meaningless with 97% false positives.

These statistics therefore are meaningless and should be disregarded for any practical actions.

If you do want to interpret it, favor the interpretation that says masks, lockdowns and covid shots have proven to be useless.

Comment

Looks like we're on a pretty similar increase (with lower cases though) as we were this time last year. Almost identical in timing, which to me indicates seasonality/weather influences.

But going by covid cases these days is rather irrelevant. Given that people with vaccinations can still get it but just have less severe (appears similar or even better for those with natural immunity), an increase in cases is not necessarily the end of the world.

If we look at deaths, for example, numbers are quite stable if not slightly falling/undulating. Lower than they were this time last year when there was the summer 'wave'. Hospitalizations have increased very slightly, but again, if they're not ending in deaths (which it appears they're not), the numbers aren't all that concerning.

In addition, the fact that it has been months of decline since mask mandates have ended, and only now are we seeing a slight increase, should indicate to a sensible person that mask mandates tend to do little to nothing to covid numbers, and ending them is not linked to any increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
        The following table showing new daily COVID cases (seven day moving average) in the US on Monday of each week, and the % increase from the previous week, clearly shows that a fourth COVID wave is starting in the United States:

18,946 - May 31
        15,368 - July 5 (up 16%)
        37,413 - July 19 (up 66%)

What is really striking about this data is how quickly the COVID situation in the US turned around.
        Is this diagnoses or fatalities? I'm more interested in seeing the latter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          It's positive cases.

Fatalities have been rather flat if not declining for the past couple months, and continue to remain that way. Honestly I don't know why anyone still uses positive cases, as they are essentially meaningless now that vaccines are here and we know people can still test positive but have very mild symptoms with them (same for natural immunity). Only reason I can think of to still use them is for scaremongering/number-padding purposes.

Comment

Wait! What? You want to see fatalities???

Actually, you are right. It is the deaths that are the problem -- maybe some of long covid. The death rates should be minimal now that we have well-tested treatments like Ivermectin, high-dosage Vitamin D and many others. Any place that has a high death rate or injury rate most likely is guilty of malpractice.

Comment

You can find them here. It is starting to tick up a little, but it's still only 10% of what was seen at the peak.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

There's a three or four week delay before cases turn into deaths. We're just starting to see the uptick in deaths, with the 7 day average up 9.3% as of July 21 compared to a week earlier (223 per day vs 204 per day). source

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                  Looks like we're on a pretty similar increase (with lower cases though) as we were this time last year. Almost identical in timing, which to me indicates seasonality/weather influences.
                  It doesn't seem to be seasonal - it's winter here, and we are seeing increases too.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

It doesn't seem to be seasonal - it's winter here, and we are seeing increases too.
                    Seasonal doesn't mean 'not winter'.

If we look at you, we see similar seasonality.

In fact, your current increase is almost literally identical down to the day and new case number.

If you look at the start of the spike last year around June 26, it was 37 new cases. June 26 this year, right around the start of your increase, 35 new cases. Your cases are (similar to here in the US) not climbing as quickly as last year, but literally date-wise you're on EXACTLY the same mirrored increase.
                    egtgergregrgr.PNG

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Seasonal doesn't mean 'not winter'.

If we look at you, we see similar seasonality.

In fact, your current increase is almost literally identical down to the day and new case number.
                      You did say "seasonality/weather influences," did you not?

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

You did say "seasonality/weather influences," did you not?
                        Yes. Why did you assume that meant "not winter"???? Are you saying winter is not a season? That it doesn't have specific weather conditions???

Comment

I've added two more weeks of data to my table (seven day average of new COVID cases in the US, Monday of each week):

8,946 - May 31
                          15,368 - July 5 (up 16%)
                          37,416 - July 19 (up 66%)
                          59,739 - July 26 (up 60%)
                          88,897 - Aug 2 (up 49%)

As expected, daily deaths are now also starting to climb (US COVID deaths, 7 day Monday average):

240 - July 5
                          255 - July 12 (up 6%)
                          272 - July 19 (up 7%)
                          285 - July 26 (up 5%)
                          372 - Aug 2 (up 31%)

The best prediction I have found is that daily US deaths will peak at around 1,000/day in mid-September. The death rate should be substantially lower than the peak of 3,500/day back in January, largely because many older high risk seniors have been vaccinated.

Below are a few random news headlines from the past 24 hours:

Arkansas's Governor Says He Now Regrets Banning Masks In Schools

Dark times': Houston's (Texas) fourth COVID-19 wave to be the largest yet, medical leaders predict

Louisiana breaks record for COVID hospitalizations

All of Missouri now under substantial or high transmission of COVID-19

‘The Pied Piper leading us off a cliff’: Florida governor condemned as Covid surges

and so on...

"My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

For the vaccinated this doesn't appear to be much of a big deal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                              I've added two more weeks of data to my table...
                              Where exactly is this "data" coming from?
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment