Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And now we know why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now we know why

Ever wonder why we see old Joe wandering aimlessly around with an ice cream cone so often? At first I thought it was something his keepers gave him as a reward for doing what he was told, much like parents rewarding a troublesome child for behaving at an important event. But it looks like that there may be another reason the demented duffer is always scarfing ice cream

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I felt bad for the old geezer last night at his town hall, fumbling and bumbling...
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I felt bad for the old geezer last night at his town hall, fumbling and bumbling...
      I heard something the other day that old Joe has been increasingly going off script, with a resulting sharp increase in "gaffes," which has obviously concerned his keepers. For one thing, he has started to call on reporters who aren't on his predetermined list of reporters to call on that he is given (who have submitted their questions in advance so the demented duffer can be told what to say in response), often joking that he was "going to get in trouble with my staff."

The get in trouble line he uses quite frequently, like it is his only way of rebelling against his keeper's tight control. He said it right before his remarks about blacks being too stupid to figure out how to go on-line. It's like he's trying to show them that he can do this -- and fouls it up virtually every time.

ETA: Found a piece about it: Unscripted remarks start to haunt President Biden
      Last edited by rogue06; 07-22-2021, 10:58 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Plus, he doesn't have to worry about brain freeze.
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Ever wonder why we see old Joe wandering aimlessly around with an ice cream cone so often? At first I thought it was something his keepers gave him as a reward for doing what he was told, much like parents rewarding a troublesome child for behaving at an important event. But it looks like that there may be another reason the demented duffer is always scarfing ice cream
          That..... actually explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Joe's cognitive decline has to be one of the worst kept secrets in politics. World leaders have certainly noticed.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I didn't watch the town hall last night. What has surprised me is almost zero coverage of it in my news feeds. I'm taking a lack of coverage to mean it was bad for Joe.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

I didn't watch the town hall last night. What has surprised me is almost zero coverage of it in my news feeds. I'm taking a lack of coverage to mean it was bad for Joe.
                    I wasn't watching it, my wife called me from the other room and said, "you have got to see this!"

Oy vey!!!

Let's just hope the liberals didn't think they were electing somebody smarter than themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Joe's cognitive decline has to be one of the worst kept secrets in politics. World leaders have certainly noticed.
                      And probably one of greatest displays of gaslighting by the left ever demonstrated.

Comment

I wasn't watching it, my wife called me from the other room and said, "you have got to see this!"

Oy vey!!!

Let's just hope the liberals didn't think they were electing somebody smarter than themselves.
                        I finally took a moment to go over to CNN to see the coverage. The only article on the main page was a Fact Check on what President Biden got wrong. Usually I can find an article like "5 Take away from Last Night's Townhall." but I can't find anything like that on the main page. That must have been a really bad Town Hall.

Do you think the Democrats are letting this occur to lay the groundwork for invoking the 25th amendment?
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I finally took a moment to go over to CNN to see the coverage. The only article on the main page was a Fact Check on what President Biden got wrong. Usually I can find an article like "5 Take away from Last Night's Townhall." but I can't find anything like that on the main page. That must have been a really bad Town Hall.

Do you think the Democrats are letting this occur to lay the groundwork for invoking the 25th amendment?
                          It was REAL bad. Like, zero question that Joe has no marbles left, and very clear that the people using him as a puppet are terrible people guilty of straight up elder abuse.

Comment

I'm not certain that's the route the Democrat party is willing to go. I think they are having a serious case of buyer's remorse for pushing Harris onto the ticket as VP since she has proven herself to be as much of a disaster as Joe, and she doesn't have declining health as an excuse.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't think they can stop it. But, who knows, maybe they see this as Kamala's chance to be Prez.

And the reason you don't see any takeaways is because it was all just blubbering and bumbling - he even talked himself in circles on inflation, in spite of the fact that what's-his-name kept rushing to his rescue.

I had to laugh, though, when he was talking about not being able to go out of the White House in his bathrobe like he did at the VP's residence --- I can just see him stepping out, looking down, and realizing he forgot to put on pants.

He would gripe about something like that, then tell us he's not complaining... it truly was sad.

Comment