Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Brown University Professor Emily Oster, writing for The Atlantic wants to heal divisions created during the COVID-19 pandemic, let bygones be bygones and accept a pandemic amnesty; now that the nonsense covid positions of the professional left are shown to have been built upon lies, falsehoods and social manipulation….

…. Sorry, not happening.

The professional political leftists are starting to rebrand themselves as having fallen victim to the “bureaucracy of COVID”, and according to those high-minded people who think very highly of themselves, we are supposed to embrace this new enlightenment from the same people who were demanding our acquiescence to their dictates and sneering at those who did not comply.

This example of “THE AWAKENING” from Brown University Professor Emily Oster is supposed to be something I am told to appreciate. Fat chance.

I/We are expected to appreciate the same people who demanded our acquiescence to every policy that was created by their ridiculous fear, simply because they now admit ‘oops, my bad‘? Sorry, not happening.

…. Sorry, not happening. The professional political leftists are starting to rebrand themselves as having fallen victim to the “bureaucracy of COVID”, and according to those high-minded people who think very highly of themselves, we are supposed to embrace this new enlightenment from the same people who were demanding our acquiescence to their dictates and sneering at those who did not comply.

This example of “THE AWAKENING” from Brown University Professor Emily Oster is supposed to be something I am told to appreciate. Fat chance.

I/We are expected to appreciate the same people who demanded our acquiescence to every policy that was created by their ridiculous fear, simply because they now admit ‘oops, my bad‘? Sorry, not happening.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...emic-amnesty-s
    Biased non-scientific source.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Biased non-scientific source.
      What are you talking about? Did you even read the source, or are just throwing that around like a mindless robot? The article wasn't making any sort of scientific statement. If anything, it's trying to make a political one.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

What are you talking about? Did you even read the source, or are just throwing that around like a mindless robot? The article wasn't making any sort of scientific statement. If anything, it's trying to make a political one.
        Shuny is a classic example of an NPC. He has only a handful of preprogrammed responses and is unable to deviate from them
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Brown University Professor Emily Oster, writing for The Atlantic wants to heal divisions created during the COVID-19 pandemic, let bygones be bygones and accept a pandemic amnesty; now that the nonsense covid positions of the professional left are shown to have been built upon lies, falsehoods and social manipulation….

…. Sorry, not happening.

The professional political leftists are starting to rebrand themselves as having fallen victim to the “bureaucracy of COVID”, and according to those high-minded people who think very highly of themselves, we are supposed to embrace this new enlightenment from the same people who were demanding our acquiescence to their dictates and sneering at those who did not comply.

…. Sorry, not happening. The professional political leftists are starting to rebrand themselves as having fallen victim to the “bureaucracy of COVID”, and according to those high-minded people who think very highly of themselves, we are supposed to embrace this new enlightenment from the same people who were demanding our acquiescence to their dictates and sneering at those who did not comply.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...emic-amnesty-s
          I saw the Atlantic article. Looks like they're getting a bit desperate and worried about the consequences of the upcoming election and what it might mean for those that pushed this covid idiocy.

This is sort of like an abusive spouse gaslighting and telling his wife with her black eye that she should forgive him because, hey, after all, they both share some blame for how things went.

Sorry, Branch Covidians, I'll never forget how you attempted to criminalize buying seeds and gardening tools at Walmart, nor how you turned into mask nazis if someone wasn't wearing their mask on the trail you were walking on, nor the times you declared that we should be denied care at hospitals and lose our jobs if we did not get the vax, nor the times you told us we were killing Grandma if we didn't mask and vax (meanwhile forcing people to say goodbye to loved ones via skype and banning them from attending funerals of said loved ones).

Comment

• This is what happens when a small cabal of scientists (i.e Fauci, Collins, Dazack, et al) have the power to shutdown any inquiries and investigations into the probable lab creation of covid. It curbs any chance of future policy to stop the insanity...

Potentially Lethal New Super Strain Of COVID Created In London Lab

British scientists intentionally created hybrid Covid strains in risky experiments judged to be like 'playing with fire', MailOnline can reveal.

Hamsters were infected with mutant viruses, blends of the original Wuhan strain and parts of either Omicron or Delta.

Critics of the research, carried out by Imperial College London, called it 'insanity' and warned the lab trials could, in theory, unleash a new viral threat. Twenty scientists were involved in the project, including one who sits on the Government's advisory panel SAGE.
            Richard Ebright

Comment

I read the source. Yes, it was making a political statment.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

This is what happens when a small cabal of scientists (i.e Fauci, Collins, Dazack, et al) have the power to shutdown any inquiries and investigations into the probable lab creation of covid. It curbs any chance of future policy to stop the insanity...

Potentially Lethal New Super Strain Of COVID Created In London Lab

Richard Ebright
                I have a whole thread about it here: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...hey-ever-learn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I have a whole thread about it here: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...hey-ever-learn
                  I'm actually rather shocked Stoic didn't defend it or dismiss it.

Comment

• Hinky timeline.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• More about "excess deaths."

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted here, I only just spotted it. But appaerntly the NIH is right back at it again, funding EcoHealthAlliance for bat coronavirus studies (which is what led to this mess with EHA's work with the Wuhan lab).

Given right back to them a single month after they had their other funding terminated for their failure to turn over records.

https://theintercept.com/2022/10/04/...eak-nih-grant/

Comment

• I realized that neither Governor Hochul, or any other candidate that I heard of, ran an ad saying something like "I protected you during Covid." Now that's slowly coming out the damage the Covid lockdowns caused, it seems to be their implicit confession they messed up.
                          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                            I realized that neither Governor Hochul, or any other candidate that I heard of, ran an ad saying something like "I protected you during Covid." Now that's slowly coming out the damage the Covid lockdowns caused, it seems to be their implicit confession they messed up.
                            They definitely knew it obviously wasn't a popular message to campaign on. But I also think they don't want to give the impression covid is over, and they're about to unleash another round of covid fearmongering and hype to kick off the new year. The midterms was just a temporary pause.

Notice how they had to rush to walk-back Biden's "The pandemic is over" gaffe. I can't tell you how many articles I read with the title "The Pandemic is not over" in that aftermath.

Comment

They definitely knew it obviously wasn't a popular message to campaign on. But I also think they don't want to give the impression covid is over, and they're about to unleash another round of covid fearmongering and hype to kick off the new year. The midterms was just a temporary pause.

Notice how they had to rush to walk-back Biden's "The pandemic is over" gaffe. I can't tell you how many articles I read with the title "The Pandemic is not over" in that aftermath.
                              Perhaps the politicians and writers are aware that there are still 300 US COVID fatalities every day.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Can't find the Official Anti-Vax Thread, or whatever it's called, so dropping this here.

It's via Rob Malone, but it's from Phinance Technologies, talking about their research and analysis of excess deaths and disabilities correlating with widespread mRNA jabbing. "The Dilemma of the Vaccinated."

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment