Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    It's been coming out in the last couple months that while Britons were suffering lockdowns and severe restrictions the last two years, the party in power has been - as many Dems here in the US have been doing - enjoying parties and mingling in the usual 'rules for thee but not for me' that the politicians pushing restrictions seem to be practicing.

After a long while of denials, video and images of Boris Johnson have come out of him attending at least two parties during their first 2020 lockdown, and now he has hastily put forth an apology amid calls to resign (including by some of his own party):
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59972859

A nice list of all of the parties that have been uncovered:
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...eaking-parties
    Too bad there's nobody here who demands masks but don't wear them themselves, doesn't get the same treatment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

[...]

But the rapid spread of the variant has created a level of disruption in many Americans’ lives not seen since the early days of the pandemic. Staffing shortages have forced schools and businesses to close and have led to absences in police and fire departments with large numbers of sick first-responders.

They fired first responders who wouldn't get jabbed, complain about shortages but then WANT SICK AND INFECTED WORKERS TO RETURN TO WORK. Does that make a lick of sense?
      This makes absolutely no sense.

Fire workers who refuse the jab because they might get sick and pass it on to patients.

Ask already infected and sick workers to return to work where they will almost certainly pass it on to patients.

It sure does not look like wanting to protect patients is the motive for wanting first responders vaccinated.

Source: As hospitals reel, California tells coronavirus-positive medical workers to stay on the job

Daylong waits in the emergency room. No one to answer the phones. No one to take out the trash. And more patients arriving each day.

That's the scene playing out at some hospitals across Southern California as the Omicron-fueled surge of COVID-19 contributes to a crippling shortage of doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers. While Omicron is causing significantly fewer serious illnesses than last year's winter surge, the unprecedented number of people becoming infected has left the medical infrastructure on edge.

State officials are attempting to address California's staffing shortage through a sweeping policy change that allows asymptomatic healthcare workers who have tested positive for the coronavirus to return to work immediately. The policy, set to remain in place through Feb. 1, is designed to keep many healthcare workers on the job at a time when hospitals are expecting more patients.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*story continues at link provided*]

It's like giving dozens of Typhoid Mary's jobs in hospitals.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I've heard and read various sources expecting the decision this week.
        You were right on this. My error was that I thought this was a full-fledged case before the Supreme Court about the legality of the mandates. Those do take months to resolve, hence my statement of it taking a while. But it was actually a request for emergency blocking of a law/policy, which are decisions that aren't really final judgments on legality/constitutionality, but rather decisions on whether something can go into effect while the actual case itself gets examined in more detail by courts. Those cases obviously get decisions much more quickly, but they normally don't get oral arguments I don't think so I incorrectly assumed it was a full case.

Comment

This makes absolutely no sense.

Fire workers who refuse the jab because they might get sick and pass it on to patients.

Ask already infected and sick workers to return to work where they will almost certainly pass it on to patients.

It sure does not look like wanting to protect patients is the motive for wanting first responders vaccinated.
          You can also think of it as two separate decisions, made at different times and under different circumstances. In hindsight, the first decision sure looks bad.

As for the second decision, I look at it this way. If I was a patient, and I had to choose between being cared for by someone who tested positive but was asymptomatic and wearing an N95 respirator, and not being cared for by anyone, I think I'd choose the former.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            You were right on this. My error was that I thought this was a full-fledged case before the Supreme Court about the legality of the mandates. Those do take months to resolve, hence my statement of it taking a while. But it was actually a request for emergency blocking of a law/policy, which are decisions that aren't really final judgments on legality/constitutionality, but rather decisions on whether something can go into effect while the actual case itself gets examined in more detail by courts. Those cases obviously get decisions much more quickly, but they normally don't get oral arguments I don't think so I incorrectly assumed it was a full case.
            It's hard to keep up with the flurry of things going on, especially when news stories are often light on some details.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• SCOTUS cases went pretty much as expected: OSHA overreach got spanked 6-3, squishes sided with the libs to maintain the tyranny against healthcare workers 5-4.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                SCOTUS cases went pretty much as expected: OSHA overreach got spanked 6-3, squishes sided with the libs to maintain the tyranny against healthcare workers 5-4.
                Just in time too, because it looked like the covid cult authoritarians were making the move. At least this may have bought the church some time.

Biden Administration Making Lists of Religious Vaccine Objectors

A tiny administrative agency in the District of Columbia announced a new policy Tuesday that will likely serve as a model for a whole-of-government push to assemble lists of Americans who object on religious grounds to a COVID-19 vaccine.

The Pretrial Services Agency for the District of Columbia—a federal independent entity that assists officers in the District of Columbia courts in formulating release recommendations and providing supervision and services to defendants awaiting trial—announced a new records system that will store the names and “personal religious information” of all employees who make “religious accommodation requests for religious exception from the federally mandated vaccination requirement.”

The announcement does not explain why the agency needs to create this list except to say that it will “assist the Agency in the collecting, storing, dissemination, and disposal of employee religious exemption request information collected and maintained by the Agency.” In other words, the list will help the agency make a list.

The announcement also does not say what the agency will do with this information after it has decided an employee’s religious accommodation request.

And neither does the announcement explain why the Biden administration chose to test this policy in an agency with a majority-black staff, who are both more religious and less vaccinated than other groups. So much for the president’s commitment to “racial equity.”

We’re starting to suspect that President Joe Biden is not keeping his promise to have the most transparent administration in history.

What’s really going on with this announcement at this tiny agency? Likely, the Biden administration is using it to stealth test a policy it intends to roll out across the whole government.

Almost nobody has ever heard of the Pretrial Services Agency for the District of Columbia, and very few people pay close attention to it or are covered by its policies. Indeed, at of the time of publication of this article, the announcement has been viewed only 16 times.

However, had Biden announced, for example, that the Department of Labor intended to adopt this policy, it would be big news. The Federal Register where announcements like this are made would be flooded with comments that the department would have to address.

That would, of course, delay the policy’s rollout. With the Pretrial Services Agency, Biden likely expected that the policy would land quickly and without a splash. As it is, the notice of a new announcement provides less than 30 days for public comment.

Biden may not be winning points for transparency, but he’s doing his best to win first place in subjecting Americans with sincerely held religious beliefs to differential treatment.

Comment

• MIT scientist Stephanie Seneff believes the jabs are likely to cause neurodegenerative diseases.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

You can also think of it as two separate decisions, made at different times and under different circumstances. In hindsight, the first decision sure looks bad.

As for the second decision, I look at it this way. If I was a patient, and I had to choose between being cared for by someone who tested positive but was asymptomatic and wearing an N95 respirator, and not being cared for by anyone, I think I'd choose the former.
                    I'd choose someone who tested negative.

Comment

I'd choose someone who tested negative.
                      Sure, if that's an available choice.

Comment

• Ouch...

Public trust in the covid cult and its criminal peddlers...

- Dr. Anthony Fauci: 31%

- Federal health authorities like the CDC and the FDA: 50%

- President Biden: 15%

- The news media: 10%

Brace yourselves. You know what a wild desperate animal does when it gets cornered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I look at it this way: I don't want anyone to be forced to take the jab to keep a job. If that means I get treated by someone potentially infectious, or don't get treatment at all, so be it.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            Ouch...

Public trust in the covid cult and its criminal peddlers...

- Dr. Anthony Fauci: 31%

- Federal health authorities like the CDC and the FDA: 50%

- President Biden: 15%

- The news media: 10%

Brace yourselves. You know what a wild desperate animal does when it gets cornered.
                            I'm surprised the CDC rates that highly, but I guess there are a lot of people who haven't figured out that it's not a scientific organization, it's a political one.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm surprised the CDC rates that highly, but I guess there are a lot of people who haven't figured out that it's not a scientific organization, it's a political one.
                              I am too. But I'm even more surprised there were more votes for "not strict enough" in regards to covid mandates and apparently there were only about 33% Dems surveyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I am too. But I'm even more surprised there were more votes for "not strict enough" in regards to covid mandates and apparently there were only about 33% Dems surveyed.
                                That's a problem. We don't realize how many people are driven by fear.

Tucker has been slamming the Republicans for their plans for when they take over the House, as none of their top agenda items have anything to do with pushback against mandates and gov't overreach. But I can't blame them much, because I saw a poll that said about 2/3 of their constituents also don't put those concerns high on the list of issues they want fixed.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment