Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

No the article confirmed what you have chosen to ignore and deny
    Dude, the article literally said what I said.
    As can be seen here, cases are rapidly falling back to where they were:

ukcases.PNG

Deaths did not rise much at all:
    ukdeaths.PNG

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
      Dude, the article literally said what I said.
      As can be seen here, cases are rapidly falling back to where they were:

ukcases.PNG

Deaths did not rise much at all:
      ukdeaths.PNG
      Your still not responding to the facts I posted concerning the USA. Still waiting

No, because death numbers always follow the peak of infection as in the previous peaks in infections. You are not responding to the role of vaccines, and the problems with the unvaccinated. There very well may be another infection peak, because of the unvaccinated.

Still waiting . . .
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-01-2021, 01:48 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

No, that's my way of stating that my statements match the statistical reporting of the study. Your strawman is your own issue.
        My apologies. I thought you were trying to make some point about the effectiveness of the vaccines.

Comment

Your still not responding to the facts I posted concerning the USA. Still waiting

No, because death numbers always follow the peak of infection as in the previous peaks in infections. You are not responding to the role of vaccines, and the problems with the unvaccinated. There very well may be another infection peak, because of the unvaccinated.

Still waiting . . .
          We're already past the peak od infection. No evidence of any large peak. Just look at the past winter/spring peaks right there on the same chart. We'd be seeing an increase in deaths by now, as the death peak only follows the infection peak by at best a week. Yet deaths are almost flat still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

My apologies. I thought you were trying to make some point about the effectiveness of the vaccines.
            No, I was making a point about how the use of covid positive cases is essentially meaningless as a metric at this point. Because people can and do get covid while vaccinated, and apparently a large amount who do can become symptomatic. So using positivity rate to determine how severe an outbreak is, is useless, as it contains many people who are vaccinated, and symptomatic, yet never end up hospitalized or dead. Same for all the people like me who have natural immunity (which appears to be possibly even better than vaccinated immunity, or at the very least just as effective) - if we get covid and easily fight it off with our primed T-cells, we would still be included in the positivity number.

Cases and positivity rate do not provide meaningful metrics any longer. Hospitalizations and deaths, do.

Comment

Cases and positivity rate do not provide meaningful metrics any longer. Hospitalizations and deaths, do.
              Okay...

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/now/florida-breaks-record-covid-19-174130613.html

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A day after it recorded the most new daily cases since the start of the pandemic, Florida on Sunday broke a previous record for current hospitalizations, as the number of patients in hospitals because of COVID-19 once again broke through the 10,000-person threshold.

The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

The previous record was from more than a year ago, July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital Association.

Florida is now leading the nation in per capita hospitalizations for COVID-19, as hospitals around the state report having to put emergency room visitors in beds in hallways and others document a noticeable drop in the age of patients.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

No, I was making a point about how the use of covid positive cases is essentially meaningless as a metric at this point. Because people can and do get covid while vaccinated, and apparently a large amount who do can become symptomatic. So using positivity rate to determine how severe an outbreak is, is useless, as it contains many people who are vaccinated, and symptomatic, yet never end up hospitalized or dead. Same for all the people like me who have natural immunity (which appears to be possibly even better than vaccinated immunity, or at the very least just as effective) - if we get covid and easily fight it off with our primed T-cells, we would still be included in the positivity number.

Yes,and hospitalizations and deaths demonstrate that it is the unvaccinated, and to lesser extent the partially vaccinated that represent over 90% of these cases.

There is no evidence that the USA is pat the present peak dominated by the Delta variant.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Yes,and hospitalizations and deaths demonstrate that it is the unvaccinated, and to lesser extent the partially vaccinated that represent over 90% of these cases.

There is no evidence that the USA is pat the present peak dominated by the Delta variant.
                  Given how we've seen in various other countries, it won't be long at all until Delta burns itself out.

Comment

Given how we've seen in various other countries, it won't be long at all until Delta burns itself out.
                    That would be great, and it's certainly something to hope for.

I'm not sure counting on it would be a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

That would be great, and it's certainly something to hope for.

I'm not sure counting on it would be a good idea.
                      I don't see a reason why it would be any different here. Even India experienced it with next to no vaccinations, and burned out rather quickly.

Comment

I don't see a reason why it would be any different here. Even India experienced it with next to no vaccinations, and burned out rather quickly.
                        You say "burned out" as if it couldn't happen again. It seems more likely to me that it's cyclical.

The hospitals empty, most of the population relaxes, then they fill up again, and people become more careful.

Comment

No in India it did not burn our quickly and there are still a steady number of cases and deaths being reported.

The bottomline is in the USA it is the pandemic of the 90%+ hospitalization and deaths of the unvaccinated. By far the fully vaccinated only experience mild symptoms. IT has not peaked in the USA despite your assertion.Florida leads the pack big time.

Frank

Comment

• Last night, my local news led with the announcement, "Prepare for a new mask mandate." According to the CDC, my county has one of the highest Covid infection rates in the US.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Still waiting . . .
                              He's asking you to back up your claim. You habitually make false accusations, fail to back them up, then go to this stupid "still waiting" nonsense.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No in India it did not burn our quickly and there are still a steady number of cases and deaths being reported.

The bottomline is in the USA it is the pandemic of the 90%+ hospitalization and deaths of the unvaccinated. By far the fully vaccinated only experience mild symptoms.
                                Er, yes it did. They peaked high, rather quickly and are now backdown almost to where they were before Delta hit them. This is like your nonsense ignorance about LA vaccination rates.

IT has not peaked in the USA despite your assertion.Florida leads the pack big time.
                                I did not claim it has peaked yet in the USA. You just made that up out of whole cloth, dishonest twit.

Comment