Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Oh really?

While the public looks at it as creepy, they see it as a opportunity to learn how to best fine tune their propaganda tactics.
    Indeed I found that telling.

Comment

• Honestly, being given a vanishingly small chance of winning a million dollars sounded like poor compensation if the doctors had to tell my children, "Sorry, kids, but the vaccine killed your dad."
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• What's so bizarre about this (obviously scripted) interview with Biden's Deputy Treasury Secretary is that the news reporter keeps asking him about the supply chain crisis, and he keeps sidetracking with the fact that Biden is doing (printing money) what he can to get money into the hands of consumers, which has nothing to do with the question she keeps asking about the supply chain issue (how does providing money to consumers to spend on goods they can't get relevant to the discussion?), and then he goes on to state:

"Today we face an economy that's in transition, and part of that transition we're seeing high prices for some of the things that people have to buy, but the reality is that the only way we're going to get to a place where we work through this transition, is if everyone in America and everyone around the world gets vaccinated."

In other words, he's implying that the supply chain disruption, the inflation, and the port congestion (subjects the reporter kept asking about) is contingent on getting vaccinated.

Make of that what you will.

Comment

• Labor Department announced that any federal workers who get the China flu vaccine in response to the mandate and are injured by it will be compensated in some fashion by the government. Really gives you confidence in the vaccine's safety, doesn't it?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...uries-n2597604

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Labor Department announced that any federal workers who get the China flu vaccine in response to the mandate and are injured by it will be compensated in some fashion by the government. Really gives you confidence in the vaccine's safety, doesn't it?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...uries-n2597604

There's no such thing as a 100% safe vaccine. There's even a few people on Earth who have immune reactions to water.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

There's no such thing as a 100% safe vaccine. There's even a few people on Earth who have immune reactions to water.
              But you'll notice the Labor Department is not extending this policy to other vaccines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

It just gets "better". Now if you're in an ambulance going to an ER with a non-life threatening issue, you may sit in the ambulance for 2 hours at my local hospitals waiting for an ER bed to open. The ambulance companies don't like this because it ties up an ambulance just sitting. Besides, who wants to sit inside an ambulance?

Also as a recent article pointed out, calling up the National Guard to fill in missing health care worker spots isn't going to work very well. The people that are qualified to work in health care are most likely already doing that as their day job. So you're going to take away from one health care spot to services another.

I'm sorry but this just shows how government intervention can make a situation worse.
                The local hospitals aren't getting any better. Just saw an article where a heart patient waited two days for a room. Yesterday, a relative was turned away from an Urgent Care facility because they were overloaded. Of course, no signs that the Governor has really done anything to relieve the situation.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  What's so bizarre about this (obviously scripted) interview with Biden's Deputy Treasury Secretary is that the news reporter keeps asking him about the supply chain crisis, and he keeps sidetracking with the fact that Biden is doing (printing money) what he can to get money into the hands of consumers, which has nothing to do with the question she keeps asking about the supply chain issue (how does providing money to consumers to spend on goods they can't get relevant to the discussion?), and then he goes on to state:

"Today we face an economy that's in transition, and part of that transition we're seeing high prices for some of the things that people have to buy, but the reality is that the only way we're going to get to a place where we work through this transition, is if everyone in America and everyone around the world gets vaccinated."

In other words, he's implying that the supply chain disruption, the inflation, and the port congestion (subjects the reporter kept asking about) is contingent on getting vaccinated.

Make of that what you will.

He had a scripted response and wasn't going to be sidetracked from delivering it regardless what he was asked.

Sort of reminds me of some of those beauty pageant winners who were told to bring up certain catch words and phrases no matter what they get asked even if it has nothing whatsoever to do with the question.

Guess what this airhead was told to bring up?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But you'll notice the Labor Department is not extending this policy to other vaccines.
                    I'd say it is because a significant portion of those resisting this one don't fear the other ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I'd say it is because a significant portion of those resisting this one don't fear the other ones.
                      Because the others aren't experimental and likely to cause injury.

Comment

ALL vaccines, pretty much like any medicine or treatment, carries risks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          ALL vaccines, pretty much like any medicine or treatment, carries risks.
                          Some carry considerably more than others, and based on everything I've read, the China flu vaxes are disproportionately risky and capable of causing a wide range of negative outcomes from extended periods of sickness, extreme numbness and reduced motor functions (Eric Clapton was afraid he would never be able to play the guitar again after getting "The Jab"; thankfully he recovered after several weeks), paralysis, even death. I just don't see how it's worth it when my chances of me and my kids surviving the China flu are exceptionally high. My daughter actually tested positive several weeks ago, and she had a fever for a day, a headache for a couple of days, and that was it. I suspect I had it, too, as I felt unusually fatigued and achy around the same time, but I got over it in about a week.

Comment

This one might be newer, but isn't very likely to cause injury either. For every account you've shown of this vaccine causing harm I've seen similar stories for other vaccines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I don't fear either one. I just don't need this one.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I don't fear either one. I just don't need this one.
                                Yeah, I know there are people with natural immunity who are not likely to need* a vaccine. I do think there is a large portion of people who fear this vaccine and not others.

*I do still think it is a good idea to get one anyway to reduce risks even further.

Comment