Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    And he was wrong.

As I pointed out, a likely outcome of a refusal to pay a fine be would be a court instructing a bank to deduct it from your bank account. So even his hypothetical failed.
    The government doesn't keep a data base on every citizen so they often don't know where you bank[1]. Moreover a lot of shady folks don't even have bank accounts. They use check cashing services and the like. So your hypothetical fail is a fail.

This really came about in conversations concerning Social Security taxes several years ago. You see the government doesn't consider it a tax, but rather a "contribution." But if you refuse to "contribute" things can get nasty fairly quickly if you keep resisting. Real men armed with real guns will eventually come out to arrest you and if you still continue to resist -- things can turn ugly.

1. I filed my taxes back in February and got contacted by the IRS asking me to confirm my identity. While I appreciate them being cautious and not sending a check to anyone if they are suspicious I pointed out to the agent that this was the same tax service I've used for five years and the same direct deposit banking account I've used for well over a decade I was informed that the IRS doesn't keep those sort of records.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

IT's not either/or. An environment where higher transmissibility is required will necessarily favor mutations that increase transmissibility - if such mutations occur AND if the virus exists long enough to 'find them'.

It's the same problem we have with anti-biotics.
      Which is why we should exercise restraint in using ABs.

And the SAME PROBLEM OCCURS AS PEOPLE DEVELOP NATURAL IMMUNITY (just want to make sure you get that)
      No, not the same. Natural immunity targets various parts of the virus. Good vaxes do the same thing. But the Chicom Bug vaxes -- all the ones I know of, at least -- target *only* the "spike." It's much easier for a virus to evolve a workaround to a one-trick vax than to multifaceted immunity.

The solution however is not to stop using the vaccines, but to get enough people vaccinated the virus doesn't have time to spread and find mutations that allow it to bypass the vaccines or NATURALLY DERIVED ANTIBODIES.
      No, the solution is to go back in time and not even start *mass* vaxing with these half-assed vaxes that we're using. If used at all, they should have been limited to those over age 70, or those younger but in poor health with multiple predisposing conditions, and certainly not "mandated" even then. That could have been a decent compromise. Give some protection to those most at risk, while limiting the total number of people being turned into virus mutating factories.

This has been talked about ad infinitum as over and over again it is stressed that we must ALL be vaccinated and as soon as possible.

The problem MM is people that are feeding and believing the garbage that is circulating about this and that is prolonging the epidemic and costing people their lives.

Jim
      You're welcome.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        1. I filed my taxes back in February and got contacted by the IRS asking me to confirm my identity. While I appreciate them being cautious and not sending a check to anyone if they are suspicious I pointed out to the agent that this was the same tax service I've used for five years and the same direct deposit banking account I've used for well over a decade I was informed that the IRS doesn't keep those sort of records.
        I'm curious how that phone call went. Did they tell you the information they had on file and you confirmed whether or not it was correct?

The reason I ask is because I got a call recently from someone who claimed to be from the local health department with information about my daughter's recent China flu test. The woman said, "I need to be sure that I'm speaking to so-and-so's legal guardian and need you to confirm your information." I said "Sure, go ahead." She says, "Can you tell me your address, please?" I said, "Wait a minute, you called me. I have no idea who you really are, so I'm not going to start giving out my personal information just because you ask! How about this: you tell me what information you have, and I'll tell you if that's correct." The woman refused, so I hung up.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-13-2021, 07:42 AM.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The government doesn't keep a data base on every citizen so they often don't know where you bank[1]. Moreover a lot of shady folks don't even have bank accounts. They use check cashing services and the like. So your hypothetical fail is a fail.

This really came about in conversations concerning Social Security taxes several years ago. You see the government doesn't consider it a tax, but rather a "contribution." But if you refuse to "contribute" things can get nasty fairly quickly if you keep resisting. Real men armed with real guns will eventually come out to arrest you and if you still continue to resist -- things can turn ugly.

Yep. There was a time I worked with folks who were low income, getting 1099 jobs to skate around medicare/medicaid/welfarestamps income levels and make more than they should while still getting those things. They used check cashing places and never filed taxes. Not a soul had a bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm curious how that phone call went. Did they tell you the information they had on file and you confirmed whether or not it was correct?

The reason I ask is because I get a call recently from someone who claimed to be from the local health department with information about my daughter's recent China flu test. The woman said, "I need to be sure that I'm speaking to so-and-so's legal guardian and need you to confirm your information." I said "Sure, go ahead." She says, "Can you tell me your address, please?" I said, "Wait a minute, you called me. I have no idea who you really are, so I'm not going to start giving out my personal information just because you ask! How about this: you tell me what information you have, and I'll tell if that's correct." The woman refused, so I hung up.
            Yes! That's a very important tip. Never, ever give your info over the phone - always make them say your info in detail. Though I'm guessing (hoping) rogue got contacted via verified mail or something - the IRS doesn't call unless you've already gotten a notice in the mail for owing them something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yes! That's a very important tip. Never, ever give your info over the phone - always make them say your info in detail. Though I'm guessing (hoping) rogue got contacted via verified mail or something - the IRS doesn't call unless you've already gotten a notice in the mail for owing them something.
              Of course it's different when I'm the one initiating the call. If I'm phoning my bank, for example, and they ask me to identify myself, I do so without hesitation. It's only when someone calls me and starts asking for details that I become suspicious.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Ok, back to vaxes for a moment...

I was watching Fox News last night. I think maybe it was Evil Shannon Bream's show. Near the end, there was a segment with a guy (lawyer?) talking about a doctor who sent a letter to the FDA expressing concerns about the vax and the negative effects she'd been observing in patients. (She herself was fully vaxed.) I was really sleepy and did not get her name, nor the name of the gentleman talking with Shannon. (I was very sleepy.) I wanted to look into it further. The scant info I had was not enough to let me find the clip or the whole episode online.

Did anyone else here see it? Did you get names?
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The reason I ask is because I got a call recently from someone who claimed to be from the local health department with information about my daughter's recent China flu test. The woman said, "I need to be sure that I'm speaking to so-and-so's legal guardian and need you to confirm your information." I said "Sure, go ahead." She says, "Can you tell me your address, please?" I said, "Wait a minute, you called me. I have no idea who you really are, so I'm not going to start giving out my personal information just because you ask! How about this: you tell me what information you have, and I'll tell you if that's correct." The woman refused, so I hung up.
                  I called the IRS so I knew that's who I was talking to.

They just asked some basic questions that they already had the answers to such as my full name, SS, the bank account number that the refund was supposed to be deposited in etc. The woman was very nice and professional, but she wouldn't tell me what flagged the refund for investigation. I suspect it was because I was filing for two years (the tax prep folks closed their doors due to the pandemic last year right after I gave them all my tax stuff) which also meant I would also be getting the second stimulus check along with it. Still. Same tax prep company. Same bank account.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I just read the title and moved on. I can't reason with someone infected with Trump derangement. Dude's been out of office for almost a year now.
                    ... And continues to propagate the lie the election was stolen, continues to feed division and unrest in the country, continues to subvert the election process which is key to our stability and function. He is a very evil and dangerous man, and while I agree there are a lot of problems with the Democrats and their political positions, they are not a cult of one pushing for an autocracy subservient to that one, which means that in spite of their problems, they are the only one of our two parties that still respect our system of government and its principles.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

... And continues to propagate the lie the election was stolen, continues to feed division and unrest in the country, continues to subvert the election process which is key to our stability and function. He is a very evil and dangerous man, and while I agree there are a lot of problems with the Democrats and their political positions, they are not a cult of one pushing for an autocracy subservient to that one, which means that in spite of their problems, they are the only one of our two parties that still respect our system of government and its principles.
                      Jim, do you dispute the notion that big tech and the media had a lot to do with Biden's victory?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

... And continues to propagate the lie the election was stolen, continues to feed division and unrest in the country, continues to subvert the election process which is key to our stability and function. He is a very evil and dangerous man...
                        So nothing different than what Hillary and the left did for four years. Check that. Trump didn't have phony documents fabricated and try to use them to overturn a legal, legitimate election for several years.

Now what were you saying about evil and dangerous again?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Which is why we should exercise restraint in using ABs.
                          Anti-Biotics are not vaccines. They have different function and mode of operation. The proper use of AB's is with restraint, to treat active infections only. AB's are give AFTER the infection is found in most cases. They kill the target directly, they do not provide for any sort of immune response. Vaccines activate the body's own immune system to fight the disease. And with any disease that is widely circulating, the proper use of a vaccine is to give it to as many people as possible. That is how smallpox and polio were eliminated.

No, not the same. Natural immunity targets various parts of the virus. Good vaxes do the same thing. But the Chicom Bug vaxes -- all the ones I know of, at least -- target *only* the "spike." It's much easier for a virus to evolve a workaround to a one-trick vax than to multifaceted immunity.
                          It is possible that is a weakness wrt the mRNA technique. It's strength is it can be produced much faster and taylored directly to the virus causing the disease. It's proper use is still the same as with any vaccine. It is a preventative and needs to be used on the entire popuation so as to hinder and if possible STOP the spread of the virus.

No, the solution is to go back in time and not even start *mass* vaxing with these half-assed vaxes that we're using. If used at all, they should have been limited to those over age 70, or those younger but in poor health with multiple predisposing conditions, and certainly not "mandated" even then. That could have been a decent compromise. Give some protection to those most at risk, while limiting the total number of people being turned into virus mutating factories.
                          That is simply ignorance driving ignorance. If we do not use the vaccines, we will see another 1 to 2 million people dead. We are already at 700,000+. It is so depressing to know there are so many people whose minds have been corrupted by this sort of nonsense. And even more depressing to know that the leaders of the groups you will listen to are just as deluded. I will just hold out hope against hope it is not inevitable that we are headed on a one way trip to destruction caused effectively by the internet and a bunch of magic tonic hillbillies pretending to know something about medicine and biology.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So nothing different than what Hillary and the left did for four years. Check that. Trump didn't have phony documents fabricated and try to use them to overturn a legal, legitimate election for several years.

Now what were you saying about evil and dangerous again?
                            No rougue - this is entirely different. This is what Nixon avoided by resigning, what Clinton and Gore avoided by conceding - for the good of the county. Whatever evil these people held in them, they put the good of our nation ahead of themselves. Donald Trump has not. If Donald Trump can't have what he wants, he is absolutely content to burn it all down so no one else can have it either. And those that are allowing his power to grow, and the unrest to grow, they are his fools and accomplices. We don't have much more time rogue. People like you all over this nation need to get their heads on strait and put this man out to pasture. If you that continue to pretend there is any equivalence between Trump and those that have come before him have any love for our nation, you will make it clear to the other republican leaders HE MUST GO! If you do not, heaven protect us for what is coming.

Comment

No rougue - this is entirely different. This is what Nixon avoided by resigning, what Clinton and Gore avoided by conceding - for the good of the county. Whatever evil these people held in them, they put the good of our nation ahead of themselves. Donald Trump has not. If Donald Trump can't have what he wants, he is absolutely content to burn it all down so no one else can have it either. And those that are allowing his power to grow, and the unrest to grow, they are his fools and accomplices. We don't have much more time rogue. People like you all over this nation need to get their heads on strait and put this man out to pasture. If you that continue to pretend there is any equivalence between Trump and those that have come before him have any love for our nation, you will make it clear to the other republican leaders HE MUST GO! If you do not, heaven protect us for what is coming.
                              Hillary had been going around during his entire Administration claiming that the election was rigged and stolen. She was joined by a large chorus of other top ranking Democrats who said the same thing including the demented duffer currently residing in the White House.

Then they forged and fabricated phony documents and tried to use them to overturn the election.

Yeah. "For the good of the country" my... eye.

Comment

Anti-Biotics are not vaccines. They have different function and mode of operation. The proper use of AB's is with restraint, to treat active infections only. AB's are give AFTER the infection is found in most cases. They kill the target directly, they do not provide for any sort of immune response. Vaccines activate the body's own immune system to fight the disease. And with any disease that is widely circulating, the proper use of a vaccine is to give it to as many people as possible. That is how smallpox and polio were eliminated.

It is possible that is a weakness wrt the mRNA technique. It's strength is it can be produced much faster and taylored directly to the virus causing the disease. It's proper use is still the same as with any vaccine. It is a preventative and needs to be used on the entire popuation so as to hinder and if possible STOP the spread of the virus.

That is simply ignorance driving ignorance. If we do not use the vaccines, we will see another 1 to 2 million people dead. We are already at 700,000+. It is so depressing to know there are so many people whose minds have been corrupted by this sort of nonsense. And even more depressing to know that the leaders of the groups you will listen to are just as deluded. I will just hold out hope against hope it is not inevitable that we are headed on a one way trip to destruction caused effectively by the internet and a bunch of magic tonic hillbillies pretending to know something about medicine and biology.

C'mon, man! Drs. Malone, Bosche, and Montagnier, even if they are incorrect, are hardly "hillbillies" who know nothing about "medicine and biology."

That's the same kind of ass-hattery as the people who laugh of Ivermectin as "horse pills," when the drug has been used for humans for years.

Let's go Brandon.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment