Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Article from February?
    Oops, wrong link. Try this one:

Hundreds arrested in protests against Australia coronavirus lockdowns
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• You can be against vaccine mandates and not be against COVID vaccines. I am. I think it should be a personal choice, even though I think everyone should choose to get the vaccine if they are able to. Nobody should be forced into it.

I also think that trying to mandate the vaccine could push many people who were on the fence to decide NOT to get one rather than get one. Especially in the USA where we are pretty sensitive to government trying to control people. We don't like it at all.

Comment

• Things that make you go hmmmm....
        CIA organised fake vaccination drive to get Osama bin Laden's family DNA

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          You can be against vaccine mandates and not be against COVID vaccines. I am. I think it should be a personal choice, even though I think everyone should choose to get the vaccine if they are able to. Nobody should be forced into it.

I also think that trying to mandate the vaccine could push many people who were on the fence to decide NOT to get one rather than get one. Especially in the USA where we are pretty sensitive to government trying to control people. We don't like it at all.
          Exactly. It's why the MSM doesn't at all cover the anti-mandate healthcare worker protests, because that's not the narrative they want. The narrative they want is anti-vax-mandate = anti-vax.

Comment

• Kamala Harris is committed to "protecting the vaccinated."

I suspect she's catering to the covid cult and their logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Kamala Harris is committed to "protecting the vaccinated."

I suspect she's catering to the covid cult and their logic.
              She was one of the first people to say she wouldn't take any vaccine that Trump said to take. Remember that?

Comment

• You'd think they'd at least fake it just for optics sake, but they don't even try and pretend we're just the plebs under their authoritative thumb...

Congress exempt from Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate

Comment

You'd think they'd at least fake it just for optics sake, but they don't even try and pretend we're just the plebs under their authoritative thumb...

That's really a Constitutional issue. Executive orders only apply to the executive branch, so the legislative branch is exempt by default.

Comment

You'd think they'd at least fake it just for optics sake, but they don't even try and pretend we're just the plebs under their authoritative thumb...

figures. How do they expect anyone to take Biden seriously if congress won't even do it?

Comment

• Meanwhile, 96% of US physicians have been vaccinated, according to a recent American Medical Association poll.

CHICAGO — The American Medical Association (AMA) today released a new survey (PDF) among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with no significant difference in vaccination rates across regions. Of the physicians who are not yet vaccinated, an additional 45 percent do plan to get vaccinated.
                      Source: https://www.ama-assn.org/press-cente...ainst-covid-19
                      Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                        Meanwhile, 96% of US physicians have been vaccinated, according to a recent American Medical Association poll.

Source: https://www.ama-assn.org/press-cente...ainst-covid-19
                        That poll was mentioned in another thread. If you look at the numbers, what the headline should say is, "289 of the 301 doctors selected for our survey say they are vaccinated". There are around 1,000,000 physicians in the United States, so this AMA survey only accounted for roughly 0.03% of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That poll was mentioned in another thread. If you look at the numbers, what the headline should say is, "289 of the 301 doctors selected for our survey say they are vaccinated". There are around 1,000,000 physicians in the United States, so this AMA survey only accounted for roughly 0.03% of them.
                          That's a big enough sample size to get a margin of error of less than 3%.

The real problem is that doctors who are unvaccinated might be less likely to respond to the poll, or might be tempted to say they were vaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

That's a big enough sample size to get a margin of error of less than 3%.

The real problem is that doctors who are unvaccinated might be less likely to respond to the poll, or might be tempted to say they were vaccinated.
                            There is no way 301 doctors can speak for 1 million, and the AMA knew it. Notice how careful they were with their wording: "...a new survey among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated..." So not 96% of all physicians, just 96% of the 301 selected for the survey.

Comment

There is no way 301 doctors can speak for 1 million
                              According to statistics it can with 95% certainty.

Comment

There is no way 301 doctors can speak for 1 million, and the AMA knew it. Notice how careful they were with their wording: "...a new survey among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated..." So not 96% of all physicians, just 96% of the 301 selected for the survey.
                                If the doctors are picked randomly from the 1 million, they can. But that's easier said than done.

Comment