Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

You were given a citations. Youbrejectedbit because it disagreed with your Branch Covidian beliefs. Any further demands will be met with me informing you to go pound sand.

It remains an argument without any citations to support your assertions. NO, what you cited did not cite the reference specifically to support the assertion that Delta is less virulant than other variations. The statements you cited could be the result of younger people on average being infected, many being vaccinated, and increased effective treatments available resulting in better out comes.

I cited specific references that documented that that the Delta variant is far more contagious and virulent than previous variations.

Still waiting for specific citations to support your assertions, though I do not see any forthcoming.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

It remains an argument without any citations to support your assertions. NO, what you cited did not cite the reference specifically to support the assertion that Delta is less virulant than other variations. The statements you cited could be the result of younger people on average being infected, many being vaccinated, and increased effective treatments available resulting in better out comes.

I cited specific references that documented that that the Delta variant is far more contagious and virulent than previous variations.

Still waiting for specific citations to support your assertions, though I do not see any forthcoming.

Go pound sand.

Comment

...your Branch Covidian beliefs.....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I do believe we'll see a temporary lull before the storm. I even think things will open up -- kids back in school, concerts, sporting events, victory celebrations, and then... boom... the next strain takes hold. Rising infections, deaths. The scientific overseers will say they made a terrible mistake, but this time they'll be much more "careful" (i.e. stricter and more forceful).
          The Great Reset. Keep thinking it's just a conspiracy theory.

Comment

Go pound sand.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• How interesting is it this info comes out after vaccine rates have plateaued. "Sorry folks, it turns out the vaccine may not protect you from spreading it like we thought. Oopsies, our bad."

A new study shows the Delta Covid-19 variant produced similar amounts of virus in vaccinated and unvaccinated people if they get infected -- illustrating a key motivation behind the federal guidance that now recommends most fully vaccinated Americans wear masks indoors.

Experts say that vaccination makes it less likely that you'll catch Covid-19 in the first place -- but for those who do, this data suggests they could have a similar tendency to spread it as unvaccinated folks.

"High viral loads suggest an increased risk of transmission and raised concern that, unlike with other variants, vaccinated people infected with Delta can transmit the virus," Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said in a statement Friday.
              Last edited by seanD; 07-30-2021, 05:59 PM.

Comment

How interesting is it this info comes out after vaccine rates have plateaued. "Sorry folks, it turns out the vaccine may not protect you from spreading it like we thought. Oopsies, our bad."

Lolol, combined with the mask idiocy being returned, I'm unsure how much more they can do to ensure people don't want to bother getting their vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Oh, wow... do you have more info about this? My own internet searches have not turned up anything.
                  I second this request.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Lolol, combined with the mask idiocy being returned, I'm unsure how much more they can do to ensure people don't want to bother getting their vaccine.
                    They don't need anymore pro-vax reasons because the rates have already plateaued. This will give them more excuse for the coming lockdown.

Comment

• Indeed, it seems 74 percent of the people infected in Massachusetts' latest outbreak are...... fully vaccinated people!

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        You seem to be suffering from a number of delusions....

A) That just because you cite "specific references" somehow means those references prove anything
                        2) That repeating the same crap over and over somehow makes your cited "specific references" more valuable
                        iii) That bolding and underlining stuff somehow makes it more credible.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yup, the vaccine push puts this in a whole other stratosphere of bizarre. The creepier and relentless they get with that push, the less likely the unvaccinated are going to be persuaded.
                          My daughter, who is a hospice nurse instructor, says the messaging from DC is so convoluted, contradictory and confusing that their organization can't even make a cogent policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I second this request.
                            Looking -- I can't remember if it came in an email, a text, or on Facebook, but it was a friend who is well connected at the Texas Capitol. Trying to get clarification.
                            If I can't, I'll gladly withdraw the claim (for now).

Comment

Indeed, it seems 74 percent of the people infected in Massachusetts' latest outbreak are...... fully vaccinated people!
                              It would be interesting to hear what differences there were between vaccinated and unvaccinated people with regard to mask wearing and social distancing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

It would be interesting to hear what differences there were between vaccinated and unvaccinated people with regard to mask wearing and social distancing.
                                Why would that make a difference? The whole time we were sold vaccines in exchange of pandemic mandates.

Comment