Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    They were expected to stop the spread of Covid-19, until Delta came along.
    And the point is, the science was never there to support such an expectation, and yet people were forced to get the vaccines, in many cases against their will. But now, thankfully, the New York supreme court is doing right by those who were unjustly fired for choosing not to yield to the coercion. We can only hope this sets a precedent, and that other states will soon follow.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And the point is, the science was never there to support such an expectation, and yet people were forced to get the vaccines, in many cases against their will. But now, thankfully, the New York supreme court is doing right by those who were unjustly fired for choosing not to yield to the coercion. We can only hope this sets a precedent, and that other states will soon follow.
      The science was there to support such an expectation, until Delta came along.

But I agree that the science no longer supports such an expectation, and hasn't since several months after Delta came along.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        "This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Not the vaccinated, the unvaccinated. That’s the problem. Everybody talks about freedom about not to have a shot or have a test. Well guess what? How about patriotism? How about you make sure you’re vaccinated, so you do not spread the disease to anyone else" -- Joe Biden 12/14/21.
        It's still the unvaccinated who are doing most of the suffering.

But I no longer have a problem with that.

Comment

It's still the unvaccinated who are doing most of the suffering.

But I no longer have a problem with that.
          The ambiguous spiel that those who get the jab get "less" sick is one thing, but that's not what addled-brained argued (and well after Delta was already widespread and reeking havoc). And he apparently used that false information to try and initiate mandates, which thankfully got shot down by the courts, and that are now sticking it to the companies that stupidly followed his tyrannical lead.

Comment

The science was there to support such an expectation, until Delta came along.

But I agree that the science no longer supports such an expectation, and hasn't since several months after Delta came along.
            False. The science never supported the hypothesis that the vaccines would prevent people from contracting or spreading the China flu. In fact, a Pfizer representative recently admitted to the European Union parliament that the vaccines were never even tested to see if they could stop transmission.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...17a62784fec414

Furthermore, early studies showed that while the vaccines may have slightly reduced the risk of contraction and transmission, they never eliminated it.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2116597

So all the confident claims by Fauci the Fraud and others that they would do so were based on literally nothing. Were they ignorant, or were they lying?

Comment

• Dr. Birx admitted that nobody expected the vaccines to stop the China flu.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-deb...s-not-protect-

Comment

They were expected to stop the spread of Covid-19, until Delta came along.
                I do not believe that in the science and medicine they assumed that ther was no possibility that Covid-19 would not mutate into more variations that would continue to be more resistant forms to vaccines. This is the known history of all virusses. The potential 'stop' as you call it would only refer to before the Delta variation.

Did they really assume that Covid-19 would not mutate?
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-27-2022, 10:28 AM.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  The potential 'stop' as you call it would only refer to before the Delta variation.
                  Studies show that the vaccines didn't even stop the so-called "Alpha" variant from spreading. It may have reduced the chances of spread to some small degree, but it never stopped it.

Comment

False. The science never supported the hypothesis that the vaccines would prevent people from contracting or spreading the China flu. In fact, a Pfizer representative recently admitted to the European Union parliament that the vaccines were never even tested to see if they could stop transmission.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...17a62784fec414
                    No, they weren't tested to see if they could stop transmission before rollout. But studies were done afterwards, which showed that vaccinated people were much less likely to be infected, and that if they were infected, they were much less likely to pass the virus on to others.

Furthermore, early studies showed that while the vaccines may have slightly reduced the risk of contraction and transmission, they never eliminated it.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2116597
                    Any epidemiologist can tell you that you don't have to completely eliminate the risk of contraction and transmission to defeat the virus. You just have to keep the effective reproduction number (Rt) significantly below one. That appeared very doable before the variants took over.

So all the confident claims by Fauci the Fraud and others that they would do so were based on literally nothing.
                    So what did Fauci say?

“So even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic and the level of virus is so low it makes it extremely unlikely — not impossible but very, very low likelihood — that they’re going to transmit it,” Fauci said.

source

Were they ignorant, or were they lying?
                    I used to wonder the same thing about you, but I eventually decided that you couldn't be that ignorant.

Comment

No, they weren't tested to see if they could stop transmission before rollout. But studies were done afterwards, which showed that vaccinated people were much less likely to be infected, and that if they were infected, they were much less likely to pass the virus on to others.

Any epidemiologist can tell you that you don't have to completely eliminate the risk of contraction and transmission to defeat the virus. You just have to keep the effective reproduction number (Rt) significantly below one. That appeared very doable before the variants took over.

So what did Fauci say?

“So even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic and the level of virus is so low it makes it extremely unlikely — not impossible but very, very low likelihood — that they’re going to transmit it,” Fauci said.

source

I used to wonder the same thing about you, but I eventually decided that you couldn't be that ignorant.
                      We know from numerous studies and real world data that the vaccines' ability to stop infection, transmission, and serious illness was greatly exaggerated, and that it was far less effective than what we were being told. Fauci the Fraud claiming that the chances of so-called breakthrough infections and subsequent transmission were "very, very low" and "extremely unlikely" was political propaganda not supported by science.

Before the emergence of the B.1.617.2 (delta) variant of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), vaccination reduced transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from vaccinated persons who became infected, potentially by reducing viral loads. Although vaccination still lowers the risk of infection, similar viral loads in vaccinated and unvaccinated persons who are infected with the delta variant call into question the degree to which vaccination prevents transmission.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NE

I know how you're going to want to read that, so let me break it down for you:

The inability of the vaccines to stop Delta caused researchers to question their earlier assumptions about its ability to stop Alpha. And now we have a court who has agreed that the science simply wasn't there to compel people get the vaccines under threat of losing their livelihoods.

Comment

We know from numerous studies and real world data that the vaccines' ability to stop infection, transmission, and serious illness was greatly exaggerated, and that it was far less effective than what we were being told. Fauci the Fraud claiming that the chances of so-called breakthrough infections and subsequent transmission were "very, very low" and "extremely unlikely" was political propaganda not supported by science.
                        It was the best science available at the time.

Before the emergence of the B.1.617.2 (delta) variant of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), vaccination reduced transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from vaccinated persons who became infected, potentially by reducing viral loads. Although vaccination still lowers the risk of infection, similar viral loads in vaccinated and unvaccinated persons who are infected with the delta variant call into question the degree to which vaccination prevents transmission.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NE

I know how you're going to want to read that,
                        IOW, you know I'm going to read it correctly, unlike you.

so let me break it down for you:

The inability of the vaccines to stop Delta caused researchers to question their earlier assumptions about its ability to stop Alpha. And now we have a court who has agreed that the science simply wasn't there to compel people get the vaccines under threat of losing their livelihoods.
                        The study you referenced compares the effect of the vaccines on Alpha and Delta, and concludes that the protection against infection and against onward transmission was less with Delta than with Alpha, and also that the effectiveness of the vaccines declined over time.

In addition, the study was dated February 24, 2022, BTW, nine months AFTER Fauci's statement, so even if you were correct in your interpretation of it, at best you would have shown that Fauci is not clairvoyant.

Comment

It was the best science available at the time.

IOW, you know I'm going to read it correctly, unlike you.

The study you referenced compares the effect of the vaccines on Alpha and Delta, and concludes that the protection against infection and against onward transmission was less with Delta than with Alpha, and also that the effectiveness of the vaccines declined over time.

In addition, the study was dated February 24, 2022, BTW, nine months AFTER Fauci's statement, so even if you were correct in your interpretation of it, at best you would have shown that Fauci is not clairvoyant.
                          How could it be "the best science" when it was wrong?

Comment

How could it be "the best science" when it was wrong?
                            Sometimes "the best science" is wrong. How can you not know that?

Comment

Sometimes "the best science" is wrong. How can you not know that?
                              At least I've gotten you to concede that the "experts" were wrong about the vaccines, so we're making progress.

Comment

At least I've gotten you to concede that the "experts" were wrong about the vaccines, so we're making progress.
                                "They were expected to stop the spread of Covid-19, until Delta came along."

That was me pointing out that the "experts" were wrong about the vaccines.

I don't recall you having anything to do with it.

Comment