Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta variant and all future global variant surges (all are free post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

That the vaccines make one much less likely to become infected, and less likely still to pass that infection on to others, was true in May of 2021, when Fauci said it.
    No it wasn't. It turned out that one was just as likely to contract the virus and carry a higher viral load making them more infectious. Fauci the Fraud literally didn't know what he was talking about when he said the vaccinated would be a dead end for the China flu.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I think polls are pretty good at finding out people's current opinions, somewhat less useful in determining how people will vote, and a really crappy way to do science.

Whether it is significant that a number of people reported a newly diagnosed condition in the weeks and months after vaccination is dependent upon how many would have reported a newly diagnosed condition in the weeks and months after being given a placebo.
      That's what long-term testing is supposed to find out, but the FDA let Big Pharma off the hook there with their rush to get needles in people's arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        No it wasn't. It turned out that one was just as likely to contract the virus and carry a higher viral load making them more infectious.
        One was never MORE infectious, though with Delta and subsequent variants, one was AS infectious.

But Delta and subsequent variants were not prevalent at the time.
        Last edited by Stoic; 08-07-2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

That's what long-term testing is supposed to find out, but the FDA let Big Pharma off the hook there with their rush to get needles in people's arms.
          Yep. The risk of bad things happening if a lot of people got vaccinated took a back seat to the certainty of bad things happening if no one got vaccinated.

Comment

One was never MORE infectious, though with Delta and subsequent variants, one was AS infectious.

But Delta and subsequent variants were not prevalent at the time.
            They were more infectious because the vaccine slowed then to carry a higher viral load.

The point, of course, is that the chain that vaccinated people were a "dead end" for the virus was proven to be 100% false. At no point in time was the statement true.

​​​​​​​
            Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Yep. The risk of bad things happening if a lot of people got vaccinated took a back seat to the certainty of bad things happening if no one got vaccinated.
            That was never a certainty, and as we've seen, the rate of hospitalizations and deaths from the China flu are unchanged, plus we have seen excess deaths increase in direct response to people being vaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              The ever-changing covid cult Overton window.

First we were told we're nuts and conspiracy theorists for even suggesting jabs have anything to do with a woman's reproductive system. Now we're told don't worry bout a little bleeding, nothing to see here.

Major Study Confirms COVID Vaccines Alter Women's Periods
              More information. Nothing to see here...

Doctors Criticize Fauci For Saying COVID Vaccines Induce 'Only Temporary' Menstrual Irregularities

Dr. Anthony Fauci’s recent comments on menstrual irregularities met with serious rebuttal from gynecologists, who say COVID-19 vaccines should not have been injected into pregnant women without adequate safety testing.
              “Well, the menstrual thing is something that seems to be quite transient and temporary, that’s one of the points,” Fauci said in an appearance on Fox News on July 25, upon being asked about the effect of vaccines on menstrual cycles.

“We need to study it more,” Fauci added.

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci testifies during a Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies hearing, on Capitol Hill in Washington on May 17, 2022. (Shawn Thew/Pool/AFP via Getty Images)

Fauci is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and has been a frontman for COVID vaccine information in the United States.

Dr. Christiane Northrup MD, a former fellow in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, remarked to The Epoch Times on Fauci’s comments: “Unfortunately the menstrual problems we are seeing are far from transient and temporary. Many women have been bleeding daily or having heavy, irregular, painful periods for an entire year. And some of these are well past menopause. Something is way off here. ”

Dr. James Thorp is an extensively published 69-year-old physician MD board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as maternal-fetal medicine, who has been practicing obstetrics for over 42 years.

“The significant and dramatic changes in menstrual patterns occurring after COVID-19 vaccines should not be marginalized. It is indicative of major adverse effects on women of reproductive age. The stakeholders claimed that the vaccine would remain at the injection site in the deltoid muscle. This was misinformation. The lipid nanoparticles (LNP’s) are now known to be distributed throughout the entire body and to be concentrated in the ovaries, according to at least two studies. Schadlich and colleagues demonstrated concentration of the LNP’s in ovaries of different mouse species and Wistar rats, in vivo, in vitro and by sophisticated microscopic imaging in 2012,” he told The Epoch Times.

A lipid nanoparticle is an extremely small particle, a fat-soluble membrane that is the cargo of the messenger RNA.
              Pfizer’s Internal Documents

Pfizer’s internal documents, obtained via the Freedom of Information Act, show a 118-fold increase in the concentration of LNPs from the time of injection to 48 hours.

“The LNP’s are known to include toxic substances including polyethylene glycol and pseudo-uridinated mRNA. The limited number of ovum in the ovaries (about 1 million) are exposed to potentially toxic substances and could potentially have catastrophic effects on human reproduction,” Thorp said.

“The stakeholders claimed that the pseudo-uridinated mRNA could not be reverse transcribed into the human DNA. This was misinformation,” he added, referring to a Swedish study published in February 2022 that concluded that Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine is able to enter human liver cells and is converted into DNA.

Thorp and former Pfizer VP Michael Yeadon believe that the medical industrial complex had unequivocal evidence on the vaccine’s danger in pregnant women.

“This is proven not only by VAERS but also by Pfizer’s own internal document ‘Pfizer 5.3.6 post-marketing experience’” Thorp said.

Within the first 90 days of trials, there were 1,223 deaths, multiple severe adverse effects, and a 45 percent complication rate in pregnancy cases (274) that occurred in vaccinated mothers (124).

The 2012 study, mentioned by Thorp earlier, says that after testing with different mouse species and Wistar rats, “a high local accumulation of nanoparticles, nanocapsules and nanoemulsions in specific locations of the ovaries was found in all animals.”

Yeadon believes that the pharmaceutical industry “definitely knew,” since 2012, that the lipid nanoparticles would accumulate in the ovaries of women that took the vaccines.

“No one in the industry or in leading media could claim ‘they didn’t know about these risks to successful pregnancy,’” Yeadon told The Epoch Times in April.

Sidestepping Responsibility

Northrup fears that there could be much more data related to reproductive damage that hasn’t been discovered yet.

“The phrase ‘this requires more study’ whilst downplaying the current evidence of harm is a common way to discount the experience of thousands of women. Unfortunately, academic doctors do this all the time as a way to sidestep responsibility for the untoward effects of their treatments,” Northrup said.

“The female menstrual cycle is considered a vital sign as important as blood pressure and body temperature when it comes to health assessment. Our initial findings of bleeding and decidual cast shedding in women who have been exposed to those who have had the experimental injection suggest that what we’ve seen so far is just the tip of the iceberg. The reproductive effects of this shot could be far worse than we’ve been led to believe,” Northrup previously told The Epoch Times.

Tiffany Parotto, lead researcher of MyCycleStory, a survey that found many problems in women after they took the COVID vaccines, told The Epoch Times in May that she was distressed about the censorship and deletion of a Facebook group of about 21,000 members where women were talking about their menstrual irregularities.

Fauci’s office did not respond to a request for comment by press time.

This is what stood out to me the most...

Within the first 90 days of trials, there were 1,223 deaths, multiple severe adverse effects, and a 45 percent complication rate in pregnancy cases (274) that occurred in vaccinated mothers (124).
              45%? I don't know how true that is, but according to Dr. James Thorp it is.

Comment

They were more infectious because the vaccine slowed then to carry a higher viral load.
                That's just wrong.

The point, of course, is that the chain that vaccinated people were a "dead end" for the virus was proven to be 100% false. At no point in time was the statement true.
                Fauci may have used the term "dead end", but at the same time he allowed that a few people could still get infected, and even fewer could still pass on the virus.

“So even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic and the level of virus is so low it makes it extremely unlikely — not impossible but very, very low likelihood — that they’re going to transmit it,” Fauci said.

Fauci added that vaccinated people essentially become “dead ends” for the virus to spread within their communities.

source

That was never a certainty, and as we've seen, the rate of hospitalizations and deaths from the China flu are unchanged, plus we have seen excess deaths increase in direct response to people being vaccinated.
                Sure, the vaccines don't do any good. That's why the death rate is much higher in counties that voted for Trump than in counties that voted for Biden. /s

Source: https://www.npr.org/2022/05/19/1098543849/pro-trump-counties-continue-to-suffer-far-higher-covid-death-tolls?fbclid=IwAR0JGZqQpwfI59FRB1Jly6VD1A5sE16XmuwQ-zrVZm6JWCReo3lTgeB-fDI

NPR examined COVID deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which most Americans could find a vaccine if they wanted one. Those living in counties that voted 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.26 times the death rate of those that went by the same margin for Biden. Counties with a higher share of Trump votes had even higher mortality rates.

The scale of the preventable loss of life is staggering. According to a recent analysis by Brown University, nearly 320,000 lives nationwide could have been saved if more people had chosen to get vaccinated. The Brown analysis also shows a partisan split in how those preventable deaths are distributed. States that went most heavily for Trump – including Wyoming and West Virginia – have among the highest rates of preventable deaths, while states that voted heavily for Biden – such as Massachusetts and Vermont – had among the lowest.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

That's just wrong.
                  Nope.

A preliminary study has shown that in the case of a breakthrough infection, the Delta variant is able to grow in the noses of vaccinated people to the same degree as if they were not vaccinated at all. The virus that grows is just as infectious as that in unvaccinated people, meaning vaccinated people can transmit the virus and infect others.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...d-delta-easily

I remember a number of articles indicating that the vaccinated actually carried a higher viral load, but I can't find them at the moment. Although digging into the depths of my impeccable memory, I think it may have been that because the vaccine could potentially suppress symptoms, the vaccinated would be less likely to know they were infected and therefore less likely to take precautions when interacting in public which would make them more likely to spread the virus.

The point is that Fauci the Fraud was talking out his backside, making promises based on insufficient data because it was his goal to convince as many people to get the vaccine as possible. I suppose you could argue that it was a noble lie, but it was a lie none the less.

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                  Sure, the vaccines don't do any good. That's why the death rate is much higher in counties that voted for Trump than in counties that voted for Biden. /s

Source: https://www.npr.org/2022/05/19/1098543849/pro-trump-counties-continue-to-suffer-far-higher-covid-death-tolls?fbclid=IwAR0JGZqQpwfI59FRB1Jly6VD1A5sE16XmuwQ-zrVZm6JWCReo3lTgeB-fDI

NPR examined COVID deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which most Americans could find a vaccine if they wanted one. Those living in counties that voted 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.26 times the death rate of those that went by the same margin for Biden. Counties with a higher share of Trump votes had even higher mortality rates.

The scale of the preventable loss of life is staggering. According to a recent analysis by Brown University, nearly 320,000 lives nationwide could have been saved if more people had chosen to get vaccinated. The Brown analysis also shows a partisan split in how those preventable deaths are distributed. States that went most heavily for Trump – including Wyoming and West Virginia – have among the highest rates of preventable deaths, while states that voted heavily for Biden – such as Massachusetts and Vermont – had among the lowest.

Right. You do realize that people's voting habits have nothing to do with whether or not they contract the China flu. That article is nothing more than an attempt to smear Trump supporters. And the fact is, we have data from other countries showing excess deaths steadly rising after the introduction of the vaccines. If the vaccines were as effective as advertised, then you would see the exact opposite.

Since July 2021, seven months after the vaccination programme started in earnest, over 10,000 more people than usual have died in England and Wales alone from conditions unrelated to the coronavirus, according to data from the Office for National Statistics.

https://www.euroscientist.com/uk-rec...-not-to-blame/

Comment

Nope.

A preliminary study has shown that in the case of a breakthrough infection, the Delta variant is able to grow in the noses of vaccinated people to the same degree as if they were not vaccinated at all. The virus that grows is just as infectious as that in unvaccinated people, meaning vaccinated people can transmit the virus and infect others.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...d-delta-easily

I remember a number of articles indicating that the vaccinated actually carried a higher viral load, but I can't find them at the moment. Although digging into the depths of my impeccable memory, I think it may have been that because the vaccine could potentially suppress symptoms, the vaccinated would be less likely to know they were infected and therefore less likely to take precautions when interacting in public which would make them more likely to spread the virus.

The point is that Fauci the Fraud was talking out his backside, making promises based on insufficient data because it was his goal to convince as many people to get the vaccine as possible. I suppose you could argue that it was a noble lie, but it was a lie none the less.
                    That study that National Geographic referred to was about the Delta variant.

Thank you for proving my point. What Fauci said was true when he said it.

Right. You do realize that people's voting habits have nothing to do with whether or not they contract the China flu. That article is nothing more than an attempt to smear Trump supporters. And the fact is, we have data from other countries showing excess deaths steadly rising after the introduction of the vaccines. If the vaccines were as effective as advertised, then you would see the exact opposite.

Since July 2021, seven months after the vaccination programme started in earnest, over 10,000 more people than usual have died in England and Wales alone from conditions unrelated to the coronavirus, according to data from the Office for National Statistics.

https://www.euroscientist.com/uk-rec...-not-to-blame/
                    We know that people's voting habits are correlated with their likelihood of being vaccinated. Since whether or not they were vaccinated typically isn't known when they die of covid-19, this is the best proxy available. Perhaps you can think of some alternative reason for Republicans being more likely to die of covid-19 than Democrats.

As for excess deaths, your source ends with this:

Some experts question whether more people are dying than usual.

Hunter noted that there is still “quite a bit of uncertainty” about how many excess deaths there are.

“ONS and UKHSA are reporting excess deaths, but actuaries are suggesting that the excess deaths are not as great because expected deaths due to an ageing population would be rising,” he said. “So, there is still debate about whether this non-Covid excess death is real.”

Similarly, McConway thinks the excess mortality may just be down to how the ONS is recording and reporting data.

“You get these numbers of non-Covid excess deaths by two processes of subtraction, involving three sets of numbers: total actual deaths from all causes, total actual deaths involving Covid, estimated total deaths from all causes if Covid had never existed. All of these are subject to some uncertainty and statistical error,” he said.

“Statistically, it’s hard even to estimate the size of these excess death numbers, and if we’re really not sure how big they are (for all kinds of reasons), then looking for an interpretation is going to be difficult and possibly a waste of time.”

So not only are extra deaths unlikely to be caused by vaccines, it is unlikely that there are more deaths than usual to be explained away.

“I’m very far from convinced that there are non-Covid excess deaths in the UK at present, at least not in any substantial numbers,” concluded McConway. “If there are, I haven’t seen any evidence that vaccines play anything remotely approaching a significant role in increasing numbers of non-Covid deaths.”

Take a look at excess deaths in the US. They plummeted after the introduction of the vaccines, and then there are peaks for the Delta and Omicron waves, and now they've pretty much gone away. Not much correlation with vaccinations.

Screenshot 2022-08-08 11.26.53 AM.png
                    source
                    Last edited by Stoic; 08-08-2022, 01:35 PM.

Comment

We know that people's voting habits are correlated with their likelihood of being vaccinated. Since whether or not they were vaccinated typically isn't known when they die of covid-19, this is the best proxy available. Perhaps you can think of some alternative reason for Republicans being more likely to die of covid-19 than Democrats.
                      Democrats tend to be younger. Republicans are typically older and more susceptible to dying of a respiratory virus like COVID than younger people. About 70% of all US COVID-19 deaths are to age 70 y or above
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Democrats tend to be younger. Republicans are typically older and more susceptible to dying of a respiratory virus like COVID than younger people. About 70% of all US COVID-19 deaths are to age 70 y or above
                        Didn't you know? The China flu is sentient and seeks out Trump supporters.

Comment

Didn't you know? The China flu is sentient and seeks out Trump supporters.
                          Or vice versa...

Comment

As another poster noted, you're mixing up your correlation and causation - most of those counties are decidedly older in demographic and thus naturally more likely to die, vaxxed or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

As another poster noted, you're mixing up your correlation and causation - most of those counties are decidedly older in demographic and thus naturally more likely to die, vaxxed or not.
                              If we didn't already know that unvaccinated people are more likely to die of covid-19, and that Republicans are less likely to be vaccinated than Democrats, you would have a good point.

Comment

If we didn't already know that unvaccinated people are more likely to die of covid-19, and that Republicans are less likely to be vaccinated than Democrats, you would have a good point.
                                I do have a good point, namely that you are creating causation without any evidence for causation. You are declaring something to be the cause, without evidence. No surprise there, that seems to be par for the course for the covid loons.

Comment