Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DACA ruled unconstitutional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DACA ruled unconstitutional

A federal judge has declared that DACA, more popularly known as the Dream Act, is unconstitutional.

Source: ‘A blaring siren’ for Democrats after ruling halts DACA

Immigrants and advocates are urging Democrats and President Joe Biden to quickly act on legislation to protect young immigrants after a federal judge in Texas on Friday ruled illegal an Obama-era program that prevents the deportation of thousands of them brought into the U.S. as children.

Plaintiffs have vowed to appeal the decision by U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen, who declared the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program illegal, barring the government from approving any new applications, but leaving the program intact for existing recipients.

Calling the ruling a “blaring siren” for Democrats, United We Dream Executive Director Greisa Martinez Rosas said they would be solely to blame if legislative reform doesn’t happen.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Article continues at the link above*]

Many on the left are acting shocked and stunned. Why? We knew from the very start that DACA was unconstitutional because that is exactly what the Obamessiah even said shortly before using his pen and phone to sign an Executive Order putting it into place.

Yup. He straight out admitted what he was doing was illegal.

Source: DACA Is Unconstitutional, as Obama Admitted

resident Donald Trump has caught a lot of heat for rescinding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program with a six-month wind-down. Few people seem aware that he's ending an administrative amnesty for illegal aliens that President Barack Obama lacked the constitutional and legal authority to implement.

How do we know? Because even Obama admitted it – repeatedly.

Responding in October 2010 to demands that he implement immigration reforms unilaterally, Obama declared, "I am not king. I can't do these things just by myself." In March 2011, he said that with "respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that's just not the case." In May 2011, he acknowledged that he couldn't "just bypass Congress and change the (immigration) law myself. ... That's not how a democracy works."

Yet in 2012, he did it anyway. He put DACA in place to provide pseudo-legal status to illegal aliens brought to the U.S. as minors, including as teenagers. He promised them that they wouldn't be deported and provided them with work authorizations and access to Social Security and other government benefits.

And he did this despite the fact that the immigration laws passed by Congress do not give the president the ability to do this. Indeed, Congress specifically rejected bills to provide such benefits.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Article continues at the link above*]

And knowing it was illegal the Democrats just sat on their hands and did nothing. Get ready for their finger-pointing to start.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I'm sure they'll do it with bipartisan support like they've done everything else so far.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This whole issue is an ugly mess and is going to lead to hurt people and families almost regardless of what is done. I hope the Congress and President can rise to the occasion and come up with a just solution. I am not hopeful.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment