Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Fueling Race War...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first saw the thread's title I thought it said "Fueling Race Car." Make of that what you want to as I leave the thread.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Heck, I think you should have to pass a 20 question civics test to register to vote...
      They tried that. Called them "literacy tests" and the like. Didn't work out too well. Depending who you are, just how accurately you answered made a difference.

In 9th grade our Civics teacher gave us an example of the sort of question that was asked: What is the term for a Supreme Court Justice?

If you said "life" and were someone deemed okay, that's correct. But not if you're the wrong sort of person.

The answer I gave was "life with good behavior."

The teacher said I was the only student that ever got it "right." Since a SCOTUS can be impeached for their conduct, saying "life" was considered insufficient for a lot of people -- most of them black -- and they were denied the right to vote.

To be fair, the only reason I probably got it was because it was obviously a trick question.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
        When I first saw the thread's title I thought it said "Fueling Race Car." Make of that what you want to as I leave the thread.
        I was wondering what you were doing in here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment