Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

North Carolina County Doing Door To Door Vaccinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina County Doing Door To Door Vaccinations

I mean, hey, if someone wants them, I dont see a huge issue. But I certainly (if I even wanted the vaccine) would not be trusting some strangers coming to my door and offering to inject me with a syringe that could literally contain anything.

https://www.wbtv.com/2021/07/12/dose...-vaccinations/

The Mecklenburg County Health Department is bringing the COVID-19 vaccine to your doorstep.

On Monday, health staff launched the ‘Doses to Doors’ program.

Volunteers with non-profits like Action NC have been knocking on doors and providing vaccine information to people since May, but now they also have county health department staff on standby nearby so that if someone wants a shot, they can get it from the comfort of their home.

The program is focused on priority zip codes with low vaccine uptake.

On Monday, they started their efforts at the South Side Homes apartment complex in Charlotte.

Many of the people who answered their doors said they either were already vaccinated or were not interested.

Action NC volunteers are handing people pamphlets with information.

Four people decided on the spot that they would get their shot.

“We’re not confrontational, it’s not like you have to get the shot,” Robert Dawkins with Action NC told WBTV. “But our job is to dispel rumors and things.”

Dawkins hopes this new program will be a game-changer.

“We get people that will say ‘yes I will get the shot’, but the follow-up has always been the issue,” Dawkins said. “Will they go? How can we get people to go out and go? So, now that the health department is out with us, we miss that middle step now.”

One man, who did not want to be identified, jumped at the chance to get the shot on his front porch.

Mecklenburg County medical director Dr. Meg Sullivan administered the one-dose Johnson & Johnson shot.

“The reason I haven’t been vaccinated yet because I didn’t have the convenience of getting around to get there,” the man said. “I have grandkids in here I watch every day.”

Health leaders hope to reach more people like this man who says he probably would not have gotten around to it.

He said he’s glad the opportunity came knocking literally at his door.
    Also they're apparently giving the Johnson and Johnson shot which is just now getting even more warnings (this time for Guillain Barre Syndrome)

Wow. Yeah, and just imagine the chaos if some weirdo decided to take advantage of this by going door to door with a syringe of....

yeah, wow. STRANGER DANGER!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Madness.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Wow. Yeah, and just imagine the chaos if some weirdo decided to take advantage of this by going door to door with a syringe of....

yeah, wow. STRANGER DANGER!!!
        Exactly! Like, just put on some scrubs to look "official", and inject anyone you want with anything you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Exactly! Like, just put on some scrubs to look "official", and inject anyone you want with anything you want.
          And, these days, just about ANYBODY can make up some real authentic-looking ID Badges or 'documentation'.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Doesn't anybody think these things through before they implement them?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I understand the idea of bringing services to people who can't travel (like senior citizens), but ideally they should be presented to people who are aware of them ahead of time.

There are so many scams out there. At my work, I handle phone calls from quite a few people (again, frequently senior citizens) who have been contacted by individuals posing as being from my company asking for money or credit card information. Many of them are calling me asking if who they were talking to was legitimate, and when they do, I am very glad that they did ask me first.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                I understand the idea of bringing services to people who can't travel (like senior citizens), but ideally they should be presented to people who are aware of them ahead of time.

There are so many scams out there. At my work, I handle phone calls from quite a few people (again, frequently senior citizens) who have been contacted by individuals posing as being from my company asking for money or credit card information. Many of them are calling me asking if who they were talking to was legitimate, and when they do, I am very glad that they did ask me first.
                Way back in my police days, I ran our local "bunko squad" -- several officers who, among other duties, worked the scams prevalent at that time, mostly against vulnerable seniors. THIS would have been seen as a "granddady of all scams". Preying on innocent people - probably mostly seniors - who could easily be duped into just about anything.

Imagine, if you will, (using my Rod Sterling voice) a couple of "health care workers" coming to the door of a woman, convincing her to get "the vaccine", where she falls into a deep sleep allowing them to do anything they wish.

Comment

Best thing to do if someone comes to your door asking if you've received your experimental China flu vaccine is to simply tell them to leave. Even if you have good reason to believe they're legit, don't answer their questions, don't volunteer any information. Just tell them to leave. Because here's the thing: if they ask, "Have you been vaccinated against the China flu?" and you say, "No, and I don't plan to be," they will note it down, and that information will go into a database somewhere for who knows what purpose.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Best thing to do if someone comes to your door asking if you've received your experimental China flu vaccine is to simply tell them to leave. Even if you have good reason to believe they're legit, don't answer their questions, don't volunteer any information. Just tell them to leave. Because here's the thing: if they ask, "Have you been vaccinated against the China flu?" and you say, "No, and I don't plan to be," they will note it down, and that information will go into a database somewhere for who knows what purpose.
                    EGGzackly!

In many states, there are laws that protect you with a "cooling off period" specific to "sales to your door".
                    When somebody comes and signs you up for a whole volume of encyclopedias, or vacuum cleaner, or life insurance policy -- you have 3 days to say "no, I changed my mind".

How can you "change your mind" after you receive a vaccine?

Comment

I would be tempted to say "It's none of your business. Get off my property".

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Put on the proper attire. Carry a clipboard and paperwork, and it is amazing what you can get away with.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Put on the proper attire. Carry a clipboard and paperwork, and it is amazing what you can get away with.
                          Years ago, my Dad worked at a big Ford production plant, and I wanted to go see him about something. He worked in the offices way in the back.

I did just that... I took a clipboard and a stopwatch, I wore a tie, and just walked in like I owned the place. There actually was a guard in a tower, so I just "cupped" my driver's license in my hand and held it up for him, and he waved me through, not even realizing it wasn't a company ID.

I had fun -- everywhere I walked in that plant, people suddenly "looked busy".

Comment

EGGzackly!

In many states, there are laws that protect you with a "cooling off period" specific to "sales to your door".
                            When somebody comes and signs you up for a whole volume of encyclopedias, or vacuum cleaner, or life insurance policy -- you have 3 days to say "no, I changed my mind".

How can you "change your mind" after you receive a vaccine?
                            Reminds me of the time about 20-years ago after I was laid off from a job, my wife and I had an appointment to talk to a window salesman. We called him, told him what happened, and he said, "That's okay, I can come out anyway." When he arrived, we again explained that since I had just been laid off, we weren't actually in the market for new windows, and so he was there for information purposes only, to which he agreed. After 45-minutes of him giving his sales pitch, he handed us a contract and said, "If you sign this, I can have workers here tomorrow starting the install." I think my wife's response was something along the lines of "You can leave now."
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Years ago, my Dad worked at a big Ford production plant, and I wanted to go see him about something. He worked in the offices way in the back.

I did just that... I took a clipboard and a stopwatch, I wore a tie, and just walked in like I owned the place. There actually was a guard in a tower, so I just "cupped" my driver's license in my hand and held it up for him, and he waved me through, not even realizing it wasn't a company ID.

I had fun -- everywhere I walked in that plant, people suddenly "looked busy".
                              It really does work -- although isn't fool proof. The movies always depict people gaining access by dressing up as phone repairmen. Much better is pest control, with a pump tank walking along spraying a few cracks and crevices. Most people give you a wide birth.

At least so I hear.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment