Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

As US states allow pot sales, Dutch reverse course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps ;)
    The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
      Wow, your experience with potheads is different than mine, and of course there are two primary strains of pot which make a difference. You get someone on Indica and they will be your classic stoner… but you find someone on Sativa and that is the kind that some artists say give them incredible clarity and focus…. much better than talking to an alcoholic, you can have some great discussions.
      "Who was the last person you had sex with?"

"What?"

"Who was the last person you had sex with?"

"Had sex with..." <long pause> "What?"

<patient restatement of question>

"Oh... I think that was Mary..."

"Mary who?"

"Dunno, just Mary. She had..." <insert long discussion of something totally irrelevant>

"So, when did you last have sex with Mary?"

"Mary?"

"Yes."

"Who's Mary?"

Those are actually LESS annoying than the ones that proceed to tell you all about the color of the wall - but haven't the foggiest what Mary's name was, or her gender, for that matter...

EDIT:

Not that the drunks are much better - but at least they know they had sex and are very willing to tell you ALL about it - once they stop throwing up.

Neither is actually fun to interview...
      Last edited by Teallaura; 04-09-2014, 04:53 PM.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Because YOU don't live there?
        Mom! CP's being a poopiehead meanie again. And I want to get into that...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When I was a cop, I was working undercover for a parade where our Governor was in town, so I was in the "street crowd" in jeans and a t-shirt. I was amazed at several people who were being generous, offering joints to others in the crowd, including ME! One guy was just absolutely insistent that I accept a couple of joints, cause he was returning to the Air Force the next day, and couldn't take the stuff with him.

I was trying to ignore him, because I wasn't there to arrest dopers, I was there to protect the Governor. He wasn't very clear-minded, continuing to push his weed on others, so I looked at his "astrology" T-shirt and asked, "so, you're a Virgo, huh?" He was confused for a second, then noticed I was looking at his T-shirt, and smiled, and said, "yeah, man, what are you?!" I said, "I'm a LEO --- Law Enforcement Officer", and I motioned for a Uniform to come get him.

Sheeeeeesh! Dopers can be SO generous and thoughtful!

Returning to the AF? When was this? I've noticed that returning from leave is when the 'random drug test' seems to happen the most.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            It appears that sales of marijuana have not been as high as expected after Colorado legalized it

Source: Not As Many People Buying Recreational Pot As Predicted

Sales tax revenue on recreational marijuana in Colorado is down compared to early projections.

Total tax revenue on recreational pot is 13 percent below state estimates which means Colorado is bringing in nearly a half a million dollars less.

“We’re not seeing number of individuals using recreational marijuana that everybody originally thought we would. So because of that it’s very difficult to budget as to how do we spend dollars we don’t know whether we will or won’t,” said State Rep. Geri Gerou.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

It's pretty easy to figure out... its legal and much of the novelty has worn off.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It simply isn't that huge of a deal.

sigpic

Comment

It simply isn't that huge of a deal.
                That is what I figured. The novelty of doing something 'forbidden' is kind of wearing off.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It is funny because with the exception of boulder and Denver it is pretty conservative and religious here

sigpic

Comment

It is funny because with the exception of boulder and Denver it is pretty conservative and religious here
                    Same is true for Cali. The big cities are mostly liberal. The rest of it is actually conservative.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I've heard it said that Colorado Springs is one of the most evangelical places in America. I assume that county doesn't allow it.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Returning to the AF? When was this? I've noticed that returning from leave is when the 'random drug test' seems to happen the most.
                        This was way back in the late 70's, and he was home on leave.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This was way back in the late 70's, and he was home on leave.
                          As I recall, that is around the time the military started doing the mandatory drug testing, so that was pretty dumb of him. On all counts.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            I've heard it said that Colorado Springs is one of the most evangelical places in America. I assume that county doesn't allow it.
                            Barely. http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/0...-colorado.html

The City voted for the statewide legalization. People here are religious but not fundamentalist as much as I have seen-- exction that Enyart is in Denver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              As I recall, that is around the time the military started doing the mandatory drug testing, so that was pretty dumb of him. On all counts.
                              Reading CP's account he definitely was pretty dumb. On all counts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Reading CP's account he definitely was pretty dumb. On all counts.
                                I was NOT dumb! You say the cruelest things!
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment