Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Tucker on Trumpist election skepticism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucker on Trumpist election skepticism

Very good. He reads rather lengthy excerpts from tweets by Darryl "Martyr Made" Cooper.

Here is the full page by Martyr Made.

The author's homepage.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

It that's what the insurrectionists believe, they have a good chance at an insanity defense.

Comment

It's still surprising to me that anyone cares at all what this moron has to say about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        Very good. He reads rather lengthy excerpts from tweets by Darryl "Martyr Made" Cooper.

Here is the full page by Martyr Made.

The author's homepage.

You should probably put the timestamp on the video: 18:25

Here's the text...

As the ruling class went to absurd lengths to try and dismantle Donald Trump, pissed off supporters watched in horror as a captured media peddled lie after lie - typically based on anonymous leaks from deep state bureaucrats, and as powerful agents within America's intelligence apparatus falsified evidence and collaborated with foreign operatives paid by Trump's political opponents.

In doing so, they exposed themselves to anyone not already paying attention.

Darryl Cooper, aka @MartyrMade, has assembled what might be the most accurate summation of why Trump supporters - the vast majority of conservatives - are livid after the past five years. Cooper, a researcher and writer, is the co-host of The Unraveling Podcast with retired US Navy SEAL commander Jocko Willink, and has hosted several deep-dive podcasts on a number of topics.

Here are the facts - actual, confirmed facts - that shape their perspective: 1) The FBI/etc spied on the 2016 Trump campaign using evidence manufactured by the Clinton campaign. We now know that all involved knew it was fake from Day 1 (see: Brennan's July 2016 memo, etc). These are Tea Party people. The types who give their kids a pocket Constitution for their birthday and have Founding Fathers memes in their bios. The intel community spying on a presidential campaign using fake evidence (incl forged documents) is a big deal to them.

Everyone involved lied about their involvement as long as they could. We only learned the DNC paid for the manufactured evidence because of a court order. Comey denied on TV knowing the DNC paid for it, when we have emails from a year earlier proving that he knew. This was true with everyone, from CIA Dir Brennan & Adam Schiff - who were on TV saying they'd seen clear evidence of collusion w/Russia, while admitting under oath behind closed doors that they hadn't - all the way down the line. In the end we learned that it was ALL fake.

At first, many Trump ppl were worried there must be some collusion, because every media & intel agency wouldn't make it up out of nothing. When it was clear that they had made it up, people expected a reckoning, and shed many illusions about their gov't when it didn't happen. We know as fact: a) The Steele dossier was the sole evidence used to justify spying on the Trump campaign, b) The FBI knew the Steele dossier was a DNC op, c) Steele's source told the FBI the info was unserious, d) they did not inform the court of any of this and kept spying.

Trump supporters know the collusion case front and back. They went from worrying the collusion must be real, to suspecting it might be fake, to realizing it was a scam, then watched as every institution - agencies, the press, Congress, academia - gaslit them for another year. Worse, collusion was used to scare people away from working in the administration. They knew their entire lives would be investigated. Many quit because they were being bankrupted by legal fees. The DoJ, press, & gov't destroyed lives and actively subverted an elected admin.

This is where people whose political identity was largely defined by a naive belief in what they learned in Civics class began to see the outline of a Regime that crossed all institutional boundaries. Because it had stepped out of the shadows to unite against an interloper. GOP propaganda still has many of them thinking in terms of partisan binaries, but A LOT of Trump supporters see that the Regime is not partisan. They all know that the same institutions would have taken opposite sides if it was a Tulsi Gabbard vs Jeb Bush election.

It's hard to describe to people on the left (who are used to thinking of gov't as a conspiracy... Watergate, COINTELPRO, WMD, etc) how shocking & disillusioning this was for people who encourage their sons to enlist in the Army, and hate ppl who don't stand for the Anthem. They could have managed the shock if it only involved the government. But the behavior of the corporate press is really what radicalized them. They hate journalists more than they hate any politician or gov't official, because they feel most betrayed by them. The idea that the press is driven by ratings/sensationalism became untenable. If that were true, they'd be all over the Epstein story. The corporate press is the propaganda arm of the Regime they now see in outline. Nothing anyone says will ever make them unsee that, period.

This is profoundly disorienting. Many of them don't know for certain whether ballots were faked in November 2020, but they know for absolute certain that the press, the FBI, etc would lie to them if there was. They have every reason to believe that, and it's probably true. They watched the press behave like animals for four years. Tens of millions of people will always see Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, based on nothing, because of CNN. And CNN seems proud of that. They led a lynch mob against a high school kid. They cheered on a summer of riots.

They always claimed the media had liberal bias, fine, whatever. They still thought the press would admit truth if they were cornered. Now they don't. It's a different thing to watch them invent stories whole cloth in order to destroy regular lives and spark mass violence. Time Mag told us that during the 2020 riots, there were weekly conference calls involving, among others, leaders of the protests, the local officials who refused to stop them, and media people who framed them for political effect. In Ukraine we call that a color revolution.

Throughout the summer, Democrat governors took advantage of COVID to change voting procedures. It wasn't just the mail-ins (they lowered signature matching standards, etc). After the collusion scam, the fake impeachment, Trump ppl expected shenanigans by now. Re: "fake impeachment", we now know that Trump's request for Ukraine to cooperate w/the DOJ regarding Biden's $ activities in Ukraine was in support of an active investigation being pursued by the FBI and Ukraine AG at the time, and so a completely legitimate request.

Then you get the Hunter laptop scandal. Big Tech ran a full-on censorship campaign against a major newspaper to protect a political candidate. Period. Everyone knows it, all of the Tech companies now admit it was a "mistake" - but, ya know, the election's over, so who cares? Goes w/o saying, but: If the NY Times had Don Jr's laptop, full of pics of him smoking crack and engaging in group sex, lots of lurid family drama, emails describing direct corruption and backed up by the CEO of the company they were using, the NYT wouldn't have been banned.

Think back: Stories about Trump being pissed on by Russian prostitutes and blackmailed by Putin were promoted as fact, and the only evidence was a document paid for by his opposition and disavowed by its source. The NY Post was banned for reporting on true information. The reaction of Trump ppl to all this was not, "no fair!" That's how they felt about Romney's "binders of women" in 2012. This is different. Now they see, correctly, that every institution is captured by ppl who will use any means to exclude them from the political process. And yet they showed up in record numbers to vote. He got 13m more votes than in 2016, 10m more than Clinton got! As election night dragged on, they allowed themselves some hope. But when the four critical swing states (and only those states) went dark at midnight, they knew.

Over the ensuing weeks, they got shuffled around by grifters and media scam artists selling them conspiracy theories. They latched onto one, then another increasingly absurd theory as they tried to put a concrete name on something very real Media & Tech did everything to make things worse. Everything about the election was strange - the changes to procedure, unprecedented mail-in voting, the delays, etc - but rather than admit that and make everything transparent, they banned discussion of it (even in DMs!).

Everyone knows that, just as Don Jr's laptop would've been the story of the century, if everything about the election dispute was the same, except the parties were reversed, suspicions about the outcome would've been Taken Very Seriously. See 2016 for proof.

Even the courts' refusal of the case gets nowhere w/them, because of how the opposition embraced mass political violence. They'll say, w/good reason: What judge will stick his neck out for Trump knowing he'll be destroyed in the media as a violent mob burns down his house? It's a fact, according to Time Magazine, that mass riots were planned in cities across the country if Trump won. Sure, they were "protests", but they were planned by the same people as during the summer, and everyone knows what it would have meant. Judges have families, too.

Forget the ballot conspiracies. It's a fact that governors used COVID to unconstitutionally alter election procedures (the Constitution states that only legislatures can do so) to help Biden to make up for a massive enthusiasm gap by gaming the mail-in ballot system. They knew it was unconstitutional, it's right there in plain English. But they knew the cases wouldn't see court until after the election. And what judge will toss millions of ballots because a governor broke the rules? The threat of mass riots wasn't implied, it was direct.

a) The entrenched bureaucracy & security state subverted Trump from Day 1, b) The press is part of the operation, c) Election rules were changed, d) Big Tech censors opposition, e) Political violence is legitimized & encouraged, f) Trump is banned from social media.

They were led down some rabbit holes, but they are absolutely right that their gov't is monopolized by a Regime that believes they are beneath representation, and will observe no limits to keep them getting it. Trump fans should be happy he lost; it might've kept him alive.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
          It's still surprising to me that anyone cares at all what this moron has to say about anything.
          That's not a very nice thing to say about Stoic. I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, though.

...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

The benefit of Martyr Made's piece (thanks SeanD) is that I think it gives an understanding into what some (many?) people believe, and why they believe it. Dismissing it out of hand as lunacy, or because you don't like the source, is both foolish and unhelpful.

Let's grant that all the parts of that are false - all of them. That's not the point. The point is that there is a large group of Americans out there who think it is all or mostly true. Telling them that they are morons, or delusional etc etc is not addressing the issue and will only reinforce what they already believe.

Yeah, some smarty-pants lefty on the Web thinks they're idiots, and tells them so in the most condescending way possible. That's really going to change their minds, that's really going to make them feel at peace about the future.

The future for America looks pretty grim.

Comment

I assume this is already understood, but in case any are in doubt, I'm one of the insane morons that believes most or all of that stuff.

The main distinction with me is that I was already kind of a jaundiced cynic, so while I'm deeply angered by everything the Deep State did, I'm not shocked.

My friends are conservatives -- many of them more conservative than I -- and believe as I do.

My family lean left. Some of them kind of avoid news and politics. The ones who follow the news probably believe few of those things. Hell, some of them probably still believe Bad Orange Man colluded with Russia, and that on 1/6, a Trumpist insurrectionist bashed a cop's brains out with a fire extinguisher.
              Last edited by NorrinRadd; 07-12-2021, 04:25 AM.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                The benefit of Martyr Made's piece (thanks SeanD) is that I think it gives an understanding into what some (many?) people believe, and why they believe it. Dismissing it out of hand as lunacy, or because you don't like the source, is both foolish and unhelpful.

Let's grant that all the parts of that are false - all of them. That's not the point. The point is that there is a large group of Americans out there who think it is all or mostly true. Telling them that they are morons, or delusional etc etc is not addressing the issue and will only reinforce what they already believe.

Yeah, some smarty-pants lefty on the Web thinks they're idiots, and tells them so in the most condescending way possible. That's really going to change their minds, that's really going to make them feel at peace about the future.

That's where things like audits would be useful. Most of those who I know who think the election was rigged are more unsure of its veracity than certain it was fixed. Many of them would be convinced by a forensic audit of the system in areas where there are questions. In fact, an audit would be S.O.P. for anything else if you had so many calling foul.

But for whatever reason the left are fighting against any sort of audit. In Pennsylvania the Democrats are even telling election official not to comply with one They are definitely acting like someone who has something to hide rather than someone who is confident that any audit will confirm the results giving them the opportunity to do a smug "I told you so."

I mean, whenever you are sure you are correct about something, do you prevent someone from looking something up and verifying it, or do you confidently await for their stuttering excuses or maybe even an apology?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Agreed. Scores of millions of people have learned that we are on the outside looking in. The system is broken beyond repair. We have no hope of fixing things by working within the system. That leaves the options of disengaging from the system, giving in to apathy and learned hopelessness and just floating along and keeping our heads down, or taking the diametrically opposite approach, i.e. *actual* insurrection (as opposed to that stupid slap-and-tickle at the Capitol).

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

The point is that there is a large group of Americans out there who think it is all or mostly true...
                    There is a lot of speculation involved in the "stolen election", a lot of padding that puts me off the subject most of the time these days.

However, I know there was small-scale election irregularities because I witnessed it. No one has to tell me it happened, I saw it happen. Lefttists and TDS sufferers are insisting I ignore what I saw, so they're the "morons" as far as I'm concerned. How much election tampering occurred? I have no idea because there was no proper oversight and after-the-fact audits are a joke.

My only concern at this time is that the system be corrected so this never happens again. No more entrenched political machinery running local election stations. There needs to be proper oversight in all future national elections. I don't care if Al Capones are running the show in precincts where crooks are getting elected mayors or judges, that's their problem. But when that corruption reaches out and affects national elections, then it becomes everybodys' problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd
                      Agreed. Scores of millions of people have learned that we are on the outside looking in. The system is broken beyond repair. We have no hope of fixing things by working within the system. That leaves the options of disengaging from the system, giving in to apathy and learned hopelessness and just floating along and keeping our heads down, or taking the diametrically opposite approach, i.e. *actual* insurrection (as opposed to that stupid slap-and-tickle at the Capitol).

So there's a group of people out there that feel that the system is broken - that their votes and their voices have no effect and no value. That is a disaster for any self-declared democracy.

Let's say that the vast bulk of them disengage, as you put it. Maybe they give up on voting. Maybe they vote pointlessly. Maybe they find a demagogue who they think can hear their voices, and get what they want done. Trump will look like what he is - a moderate.

What of the rest? Those who decide that since things are so broken, there is no point in even trying to work within the system? Will they decide instead to tear it down? Let's say that 1 in 10,000 of last election's Trump voters go this route - that's 4,000 people with 'nothing to lose', who want to tear down the system. But I think the real number will be closer to 1 in 1,000, or less - maybe 40-80,000 people out there who have nothing but contempt for all the trappings of the present democracy, the media, and the liberal elites. Scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

There is a lot of speculation involved in the "stolen election", a lot of padding that puts me off the subject most of the time these days.

However, I know there was small-scale election irregularities because I witnessed it. No one has to tell me it happened, I saw it happen. Lefttists and TDS sufferers are insisting I ignore what I saw, so they're the "morons" as far as I'm concerned. How much election tampering occurred? I have no idea because there was no proper oversight and after-the-fact audits are a joke.

My only concern at this time is that the system be corrected so this never happens again. No more entrenched political machinery running local election stations. There needs to be proper oversight in all future national elections. I don't care if Al Capones are running the show in precincts where crooks are getting elected mayors or judges, that's their problem. But when that corruption reaches out and affects national elections, then it becomes everybodys' problem.
                        IIRC, it was in Michigan that videos surfaced of a Democrat official teaching party operatives how to chase off poll watchers and even have them removed if they try to do their jobs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

You didn't see what you thought you saw, and you refused to look at the evidence that showed you there was no irregularity where you thought you saw it. It is that refusal to look at the evidence - the full video of the event you claimed showed fraud - that defines so much of what we see in the right wrt these issues.

The issue is this: To believe the Trump election lie requires the belief in a massive conspiracy at all levels, civilian and government. To dismiss what actually happened on Jan 6 requires a complete departure from reality.

When people reach the point they are willing to believe in that sort of massive conspiracy at all levels, to take a pundits retelling of the truth wrt an event like Jan 6, there is no audit, no fact, no series of R/T videos taken that will ever convince them otherwise. The fact you refused to look at the evidence that showed you were wrong in your claim to have 'seen' election irregularities, the fact so many are will to excuse and deny reality caught on video Jan 6, is what is happening all across this country. It is the curse of giving ones sense of reality over to a serial liar's fantasy. The only way out is to face reality once again and ditch support the clown with the orange hair.

God sometimes gives people willing to compromise at this level over to their own delusions. And it seems to me there is a lot of that going on - especially in the Trump supporting corner of the world.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-12-2021, 09:08 AM.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I do agree with you in principle, but not in specific. There is a large group of people in America that has chosen to believe lies that they know are lies from the mouth of a serial liar. When people choose to believe what they know is a lie, the conscience is corrupted, the capacity to reason about reality is lost. That is what we are seeing here at TWEB, and across the nation.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

You didn't see what you thought you saw, and you refused to look at the evidence that showed you there was no irregularity where you thought you saw it. It is that refusal to look at the evidence - the full video of the event you claimed showed fraud - that defines so much of what we see in the right wrt these issues.

The issue is this: To believe the Trump election lie requires the belief in a massive conspiracy at all levels, civilian and government. To dismiss what actually happened on Jan 6 requires a complete departure from reality.

When people reach the point they are willing to believe in that sort of massive conspiracy at all levels, to take a pundits retelling of the truth wrt an event like Jan 6, there is no audit, no fact, no series of R/T videos taken that will ever convince them otherwise. The fact you refused to look at the evidence that showed you were wrong in your claim to have 'seen' election irregularities, the fact so many are will to excuse and deny reality caught on video Jan 6, is what is happening all across this country. It is the curse of giving ones sense of reality over to a serial liar's fantasy. The only way out is to face reality once again and ditch support the clown with the orange hair.

God sometimes gives people willing to compromise at this level over to their own delusions. And it seems to me there is a lot of that going on - especially in the Trump supporting corner of the world.
                              You are all over the map, yet nowhere near where I am. You may want to reread my post. I said nothing about a conspiracy, about Jan 6, about believing Trump, and you don't even verify what I am talking about (as far as what I witnessed).

But that is a good job at saying "You didn't see what you thought you saw." At least that part is included in my complaint.

Comment