Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Evidence of covid death OVERcounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I didn't see very many Reps protecting Trump, but I guess I get your point. In fact, it's one lone Rep putting Fauci on the hot-seat, while the other subservient Reps either do nothing or just kowtow to the Dem elites.
    For years Republicans cut the cord with party members caught screwing up one way or another. I suspect after watching Democrats immediately circle the wagons around theirs[1] and watching them get off scot free, they've decided to join them. All though I don't recall them supporting Marjorie Taylor Greene or Steve King. In fact with the latter, he was stripped of his committee assignments.

1. the only exception I can recall was with Al Franken, and that was only because of cynical politics. They played that scandal like a chess match hoping to sacrifice a damaged senator in exchange for a president. If not for that Franken would still be sneering at everyone from his Senate seat.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Say it again!

But, no, it's really just more a case of being cynical, and when it comes to politics, us cynics are, unfortunately, rarely disappointed. Trust me, I would much rather be wrong about this sort of thing.
      I prefer what I think I remember from a Dilbert cartoon: "The cynics are usually right."
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

That is talking about one particular real time test that came out in February 2020.
        They also did not say anything about the test not being able to distinguish between covid-19 and the flu, as MM would have us believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

They also did not say anything about the test not being able to distinguish between covid-19 and the flu, as MM would have us believe.
          Yeah it did say something to that effect:
          In preparation for this change, CDC recommends clinical laboratories and testing sites that have been using the CDC 2019-nCoV RT-PCR assay select and begin their transition to another FDA-authorized COVID-19 test. CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah it did say something to that effect:
            In preparation for this change, CDC recommends clinical laboratories and testing sites that have been using the CDC 2019-nCoV RT-PCR assay select and begin their transition to another FDA-authorized COVID-19 test. CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.
            The CDC assay did not detect influenza. That doesn't mean that it could be fooled by influenza. They are simply suggesting that it would be good to use a test that also detects influenza (but of course lets you know which virus it detected).

Comment