Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Evidence of covid death OVERcounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence of covid death OVERcounts?

Santa Clara County Revises Official COVID-19 Death Toll Down by 22 Percent

SAN JOSE (KPIX) — On Friday, Santa Clara County health leaders announced a drop in its COVID-19 death toll by nearly a quarter after it refined its approach in reporting the data.

The county reported that it had reviewed each COVID-19 fatality and was only counting those whose cause of death was from the virus and not those who tested positive for COVID-19 at the time of death but did not necessarily die from the virus.

The new approach meant that the death toll dropped by 22%, specifically from 2,201 to 1,696 deaths.

“It is important to go back and do this accounting to see if COVID was actually the cause of death,” said University of California San Francisco Prof. of Medicine and Infectious Disease expert Dr. Monica Gandhi. “I think that transparent communication is an upside, I mean, in the sense that it’s true that if we did this across the nation, it would bring our death rate lower. A downside of that, could be that people will say, ‘Well, it wasn’t as serious as you said.'”

The refined approach in Santa Clara County comes as county officials try to figure out the true impact of the virus on the community. Last month, Alameda County health leaders refined their approach to reporting COVID-19 deaths as well and also registered a drop in that county’s death toll by about a quarter.

“In the midst of everything COVID people were sort of putting down that cause of death as COVID,” Gandhi said. “It is important to go back and do this accounting to see if COVID was actually the cause of death.”

Gandhi believes the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may soon ask all counties to do the same as Alameda and Santa Clara Counties and that the nation could also see a drop in its COVID-19 death toll.

She also said she believes the lower, newer numbers may actually encourage people to get vaccinated.

“Because a lot of people have kind of said, ‘I’ve heard people are dying anyway of COVID what’s the point?’ and it is very important to say, ‘No, did they die of COVID or were they in the hospital for something else and they died of that?” Gandhi said. “That helps people say, ‘Oh, the risk of breakthrough infection is so low I want to go ahead and get vaccinated.’ So I think it’s very good for vaccine hesitancy.”
    Something that me and MM tried to convince the covid cult fearmongers a few months ago, but they wouldn't budge. I'm sure the covid cult will be distraught over the GOOD NEWS that less people succumbed to the virus than we thought.
    Last edited by seanD; 07-09-2021, 04:44 AM.

We've known pretty much since day one that the numbers were skewed too high since physicians were strongly encouraged to report deaths as having been a direct result of the China flu even without confirmation. One thing I find especially curious is how so many people seem to have forgotten the Diamond Princess cruise study done very early on which tracked the virus among a relatively small but isolated population and found it to be far less deadly than originally feared. And yet the scaremongers are still trying to force us into accepting their experimental vaccines, even going so far as to suggest that it should be mandated.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Something that me and MM tried to convince the covid cult fearmongers a few months ago, but they wouldn't budge. I'm sure the covid cult will be distraught over the GOOD NEWS that less people succumbed to the virus than we thought.
      Interesting. Colorado did much the same last summer I believe, after a bunch of state medical examiners and others called them out on their overcounting (including counting someone who died from alcohol poisoning as a covid death), and IIRC the death toll here got revised down around the same, about 25 percent drop. I vaguely recall some other state doing the same around the same time as Colorado did, with a similar ~20 percent drop.

Comment

Not really a surprise given how the feds monetarily incentivized positive diagnoses. The coronavirus relief legislation created a 20% premium, or add-on, for COVID-19 Medicare patients, so there is a potential motivation to list it as a cause. That could also inflate numbers of non-fatal cases since hospitals receive the extra money for those as well and some states list presumed cases not just diagnosed ones.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The numbers are underreported.

http://www.healthdata.org/special-an...ovid-19-deaths

Comment

I'm sure the covid cult will be distraught over the GOOD NEWS that less people succumbed to the virus than we thought.
            Originally posted by Backup View Post

Comment

Maybe now that Biden is in charge, they want to make the deaths lower so he looks better?

Hey, what ever happened with Cuomo and the whole New York nursing home debacle? At one point there were talking a recall election, but now he is going around bragging how well he did:

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/07/08/andrew-cuomo-calls-pandemic-a-tremendous-personal-benefit/

After $5.1M book deal, Cuomo calls pandemic ‘tremendous personal benefit’

By Bernadette Hogan, Carl Campanile and Bruce Golding

July 8, 2021 | 2:38pm | Updated

Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Thursday called it a “tremendous personal benefit” to have led New York state amid the coronavirus crisis — during which he scored $5.1 million for his pandemic memoir.

In a speech to his fellow governors that was loaded with presumably unintentional double meanings, Cuomo told them that they all “have a new credibility.”

“Very few people were going through what we went through and we went through it together,” he said.

“And speaking for myself, it was a tremendous personal benefit.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

The investigations of Cuomo are still grinding on rather slowly. The cynic in me says they'll just disappear in a few more months. I give zero chance for a Cuomo recall. The real question is does he try for a 4th term next year and if so does he get the nomination and then reelected.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

you can deny reality all you like

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Maybe now that Biden is in charge, they want to make the deaths lower so he looks better?

Hey, what ever happened with Cuomo and the whole New York nursing home debacle? At one point there were talking a recall election, but now he is going around bragging how well he did:

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/07/08/andrew-cuomo-calls-pandemic-a-tremendous-personal-benefit/

After $5.1M book deal, Cuomo calls pandemic ‘tremendous personal benefit’

By Bernadette Hogan, Carl Campanile and Bruce Golding

July 8, 2021 | 2:38pm | Updated

Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Thursday called it a “tremendous personal benefit” to have led New York state amid the coronavirus crisis — during which he scored $5.1 million for his pandemic memoir.

In a speech to his fellow governors that was loaded with presumably unintentional double meanings, Cuomo told them that they all “have a new credibility.”

“Very few people were going through what we went through and we went through it together,” he said.

“And speaking for myself, it was a tremendous personal benefit.”

Something about that from the end of last month:

Source: As Cuomo’s Many Scandals Stay On, TV Information Goes Silent

Simply three months in the past, the airwaves have been full of damaging information about New York’s Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo, accused of harassing not less than 9 girls, in addition to concealing the true toll of nursing house fatalities within the early months of the coronavirus pandemic.

But like a lightweight change, the published networks abruptly ended their adverse protection of Cuomo in late March. Between January 28 and March 29, Media Analysis Middle analysts tallied simply over 100 minutes of Cuomo scandal protection on ABC, CBS and NBC’s night newscasts, but not a single second within the 12 weeks which have adopted.

It’s not as if Cuomo himself has disappeared from TV, simply his scandals. Since late March, these newscasts have featured Cuomo in a dozen night information tales concerning the state’s pandemic response, in protection that echoes the positive treatment they awarded the governor in 2020.

On the Could 3 Night Information, for instance, CBS’s Mola Lenghi allowed Cuomo time to tout New York’s “good reopening.” Then on June 15, ABC’s Stephanie Ramos ran a clip of the governor congratulating himself as most pandemic restrictions have been lastly eliminated: “What New York has performed is extraordinary.”

Because the liberal media assist the scandal-scarred Cuomo mission an aura of normality, viewers aren’t listening to the entire story:

■ Sexual Harassment: Earlier this 12 months, the highest Cuomo scandal when it comes to airtime have been the accusations of sexual harassment leveled towards the governor from 9 completely different girls (81 minutes). But for the entire curiosity they confirmed in February and March, these newscasts didn’t report Cuomo’s tin-eared deflection on Could 13 that the issue wasn’t what he did or stated, it was that the ladies felt “uncomfortable.”

In response to NBCNews.com (however ignored on NBC Nightly Information) Cuomo claimed: “Harassment isn’t making somebody really feel uncomfortable — that isn’t harassment. If I simply made you are feeling uncomfortable, that isn’t harassment. That’s you feeling uncomfortable.” The lawyer for one among Cuomo’s accusers stated the remark confirmed “an alarming diploma of ignorance about what constitutes sexual harassment.”

The networks additionally failed to say a June 8 report from the Washington Submit that the New York state lawyer normal’s investigation had expanded and was now “searching for to find out whether or not legal guidelines banning retaliation towards sexual harassment victims have been damaged.” Certainly one of Cuomo’s accusers, former staffer Lindsey Boylan, “stated her personnel file was leaked in an effort to smear her.”

■ Nursing House Deaths: From January by March, the networks spent 17 minutes masking Cuomo’s nursing house scandal, however have since refused to cowl new developments. Thus, not one of the Huge Three talked about an April New York Times report detailing that “the hassle by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s workplace to obscure the pandemic demise toll in New York nursing properties was far larger than beforehand recognized….Cuomo’s most senior aides engaged in a sustained effort to stop the state’s personal well being officers, together with the commissioner, Howard Zucker, from releasing the true demise toll to the general public or sharing it with state lawmakers.”

Then in June, the New York State Bar Affiliation blamed Cuomo’s early 2020 directive for driving up the death toll within the state’s nursing properties, and concluded that it “remained in impact weeks longer than obligatory.” As NewsBusters showed, not one of the three broadcast networks discovered this bombshell worthy of time on their night newscasts.

■ $5 Million Guide Deal: On March 31, the New York Occasions reported Cuomo’s “most senior aides” moved to “reshape a report about nursing house deaths in a means that insulated the governor from criticism and burnished his picture,” simply as Cuomo was getting ready to securing a multi-million greenback ebook deal.

In early Could, the general public learned just how lucrative Cuomo’s ebook deal was: $5.12 million, with greater than $3 million remaining after deducting authorized and enhancing bills. According to the Albany Times Union, in late Could “Cuomo’s workplace denied three Freedom of Info legislation requests” for public information that will present whether or not or not governmental workers had hung out engaged on Cuomo’s ebook. The denial was based mostly on a authorized argument {that a} state ethics commissioner referred to as “absurd.”

After all, none of those revelations discovered their solution to ABC, CBS or NBC night information viewers.

■ The Chris Cuomo Connection: The governor’s scandals have additionally ensnared his brother, CNN host Chris Cuomo, however the networks have barely observed. On March 25, ABC and CBS gave a mixed 62 seconds — and NBC gave nothing — to accusations Andrew Cuomo ordered “prioritized coronavirus testing on the governor’s family in addition to influential individuals with ties to the administration,” with a prime well being division official pressured to go to Chris Cuomo’s residence on Lengthy Island to manage his take a look at.

Then in Could, the Washington Submit revealed that CNN’s Cuomo “inspired his brother to take a defiant place [on the harassment accusations] and to not resign from the governor’s workplace,” recommendation Andrew Cuomo appears to have taken. None of the Big Three night newscasts stated a phrase about this chapter of the Cuomo household scandal.

Source

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                      The investigations of Cuomo are still grinding on rather slowly. The cynic in me says they'll just disappear in a few more months. I give zero chance for a Cuomo recall. The real question is does he try for a 4th term next year and if so does he get the nomination and then reelected.
                      New Yorkers seem to be collectively stupid, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Didn't mean to derail the thread.

Back to the topic.

I think maybe now that Trump is out of the picture, there is no need to over-inflate the deaths any longer.

Comment

Didn't mean to derail the thread.

Back to the topic.

I think maybe now that Trump is out of the picture, there is no need to over-inflate the deaths any longer.
                          The daily death count ticker seemed to vanish from the mainstream media as soon as Joe "won" the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The daily death count ticker seemed to vanish from the mainstream media as soon as Joe "won" the election.
                            Because Joe saved us! While evil Trump was either ineffective or outright trying to kill as many people as possible, Saint Biden saved us with the Vaccine™ which he personally developed in his very own basement and personally delivered to every clinic in the USA.

Comment

Because Joe saved us! While evil Trump was either ineffective or outright trying to kill as many people as possible, Saint Biden saved us with the Vaccine™ which he personally developed in his very own basement and personally delivered to every clinic in the USA.
                              And it came to pass that St. Mutters, patron saint of Geritol, prunes, and senile old duffers everywhere, mumbled the incantation "TRUNALIMUNUMAPRZURE!" banishing all of the nano-naughties that the demon Trump infested the holy vaccines with making them not only safe but also purified them by driving all of the racism, transphobia, Islamophobia, and sexism out as well.

Comment