Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

American flag 'symbol of hatred'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American flag 'symbol of hatred'

In a fiery Fourth of July Facebook post, Utah’s Black Lives Matter Chapter declared the American flag "a symbol of hatred."

"When we Black Americans see this flag we know the person flying it is not safe to be around," the post reads. "When we see this flag we know the person flying it is a racist. When we see this flag we know that the person flying it lives in a different America than we do. When we see this flag, we question your intelligence. We know to avoid you. It is a symbol of hatred."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-liv...-symbol-hatred
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    In a fiery Fourth of July Facebook post, Utah’s Black Lives Matter Chapter declared the American flag "a symbol of hatred."

"When we Black Americans see this flag we know the person flying it is not safe to be around," the post reads. "When we see this flag we know the person flying it is a racist. When we see this flag we know that the person flying it lives in a different America than we do. When we see this flag, we question your intelligence. We know to avoid you. It is a symbol of hatred."

I think by that they mean "when we far left Marxist BLM Black Americans see this flag". Like, pretty much most of the black folks I've ever known dont hold such a view and indeed proudly fly the flag (hell, when I lived in Florida I knew several Black Americans who flew the Confederate Flag)

Comment

NY Times hit by critics, lawmakers for suggesting US flag is now 'alienating to some': 'Disgusting'

The New York Times was ripped on Saturday for publishing a piece that suggested the American flag has become a symbol of divisiveness.

"Today, flying the American flag from the back of a pickup truck or over a lawn is increasingly seen as a clue, albeit an imperfect one, to a person’s political affiliation in a deeply divided nation," the Times tweeted on Saturday, with a link to their piece, "A Fourth of July Symbol of Unity That May No Longer Unite."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-yo...can-flag-tweet
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

This attitude has been building ever since former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick said that the original "Betsy Ross" flag was a symbol of racism that he found offensive (remember when he kept pretending how he was never protesting the flag and liberal stooges kept parroting the line) forcing Nike to scrap an entire line of shoes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          This attitude has been building ever since former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick said that the original "Betsy Ross" flag was a symbol of racism that he found offensive (remember when he kept pretending how he was never protesting the flag and liberal stooges kept parroting the line) forcing Nike to scrap an entire line of shoes.
          I guess we need a new flag...

51j-zR44-iL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Comment

I guess we need a new flag...

51j-zR44-iL._AC_SX569_.jpg
            Might as well since we now seem to have separate national anthems.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Irony here is basically they are saying:

We've seen examples where people who fly this flag have been racist, therefore all who fly it must be racist.

Imagine someone judging everyone who had...say...low hanging pants, or do-rags, etc by that same sort of logic.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The Irony here is basically they are saying:

We've seen examples where people who fly this flag have been racist, therefore all who fly it must be racist.

Imagine someone judging everyone who had...say...low hanging pants, or do-rags, etc by that same sort of logic.
                A hoodie.

Comment

I've never been one to express huge enthusiasm for the flag like most on the right. I've always been indifferent about it. But it is a very strange time we're in when I have think twice about wearing a shirt with an American flag on it and the possibility I'll get into a fight because of it and end up in jail. I've actually had to contemplate this. I was thinking of buying a shirt with a flag on it just in defiance of the left's hatred of it, and I had to weigh in my mind the cost of that. I'm not at all worried about the fight part (because I can easily defend myself), just the going to jail part

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I've never been one to express huge enthusiasm for the flag like most on the right. I've always been indifferent about it. But it is a very strange time we're in when I have think twice about wearing a shirt with an American flag on it and the possibility I'll get into a fight because of it and end up in jail. I've actually had to contemplate this. I was thinking of buying a shirt with a flag on it just in defiance of the left's hatred of it, and I had to weigh in my mind the cost of that. I'm not at all worried about the fight part (because I can easily defend myself), just the going to jail part
                    So close to my own views, except I'd be more concerned about the fight than the jail time.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

So close to my own views, except I'd be more concerned about the fight than the jail time.
                      Nah, me being 6'4 and psychically fit, I'm not worried about the fight. Being how sissified leftists are I doubt they'd attack me that way, unless it were a mob. Worse case scenario I think is one these unhinged SJW loons spits on me or something like that. If that happened, I honestly can't say, depending on the day I was having I guess, if I would or wouldn't react violently. I hope I wouldn't, but impulse control can be a thing. If I did react just out of impulse, obviously I'd go the jail.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Nah, me being 6'4 and psychically fit, I'm not worried about the fight. Being how sissified leftists are I doubt they'd attack me that way, unless it were a mob. Worse case scenario I think is one these unhinged SJW loons spits on me or something like that. If that happened, I honestly can't say, depending on the day I was having I guess, if I would or wouldn't react violently. I hope I wouldn't, but impulse control can be a thing. If I did react just out of impulse, obviously I'd go the jail.
                        Yeah... I'm a creaky old five-foot-nine fat guy.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Yeah... I'm a creaky old five-foot-nine fat guy.
                          my problem is that I'm a creaky old 5'11 guy who thinks he is in a 6'4 20 year old ninja body...

Comment

my problem is that I'm a creaky old 5'11 guy who thinks he is in a 6'4 20 year old ninja body...

My problem is that I remember how to do all sorts of stuff, but the execution of it has a lot to be desired. Still, I can handle myself if need be. I just don't want "need be" to ever arise.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

My problem is that I remember how to do all sorts of stuff, but the execution of it has a lot to be desired. Still, I can handle myself if need be. I just don't want "need be" to ever arise.
                              right - I still hit like a truck, but my breathing has a lot to be desired...

Comment