Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

But everyone likes him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Their problem is that they managed to pick a VP even more toxic than he is, so they're sorta stuck with trying to manage him and hope for the best.
    Interesting you would mention that. It seems the VP office is currently having a mass exodus of staff because they can't stand working for her, and the Democrat party really doesn't want her running in 2024.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Interesting you would mention that. It seems the VP office is currently having a mass exodus of staff because they can't stand working for her, and the Democrat party really doesn't want her running in 2024.
      A toxic work environment and the hyena's snide comments regarding it haven't helped her.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Latest one from Joe: he was asked a supposedly candid question about Russia hacking, and Joe started to answer, but after stammering and pausing for an uncomfortably long time, he finally pulled a piece of paper out of his jacket pocket and proceeded to read from it in order to finish answering the question. After pulling the paper out, he cryptically says, "I'll tell you what they sent me." Who is "they"?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ion-on-russia/
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 07-03-2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Latest one from Joe: he was asked a supposedly candid question about Russia hacking, and Joe started to answer, but after stammering and pausing for an uncomfortably long time, he finally pulled a piece of paper out of his jacket pocket and proceeded to read from it in order to finish answering the question. After pulling the paper out, he cryptically says, "I'll tell you what they sent me." Who is "they"?

Old Joe forgot what he was told to say and had memorized. No ice cream or pudding cups for him.

But at least he doesn't tweet mean things.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wow.

That is peculiar on a couple of different levels. First, this isn't something a president would/should be discussing on the fly with a cashier at a market. Past presidents would likely just give a pap answer, (i.e. "We're looking into it and we'll respond appropriately"). What is also curious is how difficult it was for him to multitask. He's buying sodas (or something) and answering that question at the same time. Too much for him to handle.

Who let him off the leash!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Wow.

That is peculiar on a couple of different levels. First, this isn't something a president would/should be discussing on the fly with a cashier at a market. Past presidents would likely just give a pap answer, (i.e. "We're looking into it and we'll respond appropriately"). What is also curious is how difficult it was for him to multitask. He's buying sodas (or something) and answering that question at the same time. Too much for him to handle.

Who let him off the leash!?
              I'm pretty sure it was a reporter asking him a prepared question given the fact that he had an answer already written for him. I think he just forgot what he was supposed to say and had to use the script given to him by whoever "they" are.

Comment

I think she was a bad pick.

If it had to be a black woman (which I don’t understand) he should have gone with Stacey Abrams, she seems very competent and well liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

If it had to be a black woman (which I don’t understand) he should have gone with Stacey Abrams, she seems very competent and well liked.
                  I live in Georgia. I'm familiar with Abrams. She was far and away the worst person on Biden's list.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I live in Georgia. I'm familiar with Abrams. She was far and away the worst person on Biden's list.
                    I honestly can't tell if his suggestion was sarcasm, or liberal delusion.

Comment

I honestly can't tell if his suggestion was sarcasm, or liberal delusion.
                      Even some of the Democrats here try what they can to distance themselves from her, openly acknowledging that the voter registration group she heads engages in large scale fraud (IIRC, something like 25% of those names turned in belong to non-existent people), and her recent effort to get the All-Star game moved from Atlanta and then pretending to be shocked when it happened (costing Atlanta, and primarily black-owned businesses over $100 million in revenue) ought to ensure that she is never elected to even the position of dog catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Even some of the Democrats here try what they can to distance themselves from her, openly acknowledging that the voter registration group she heads engages in large scale fraud (IIRC, something like 25% of those names turned in belong to non-existent people), and her recent effort to get the All-Star game moved from Atlanta and then pretending to be shocked when it happened (costing Atlanta, and primarily black-owned businesses over $100 million in revenue) ought to ensure that she is never elected to even the position of dog catcher.
                        Actually, over 25%.

In 2018, Rep. Stacey Evans (D-GA) pointed out that of the 86,000 registered by Abrams' New Georgia Project in the past 22,000 were invalid. That is over a quarter of them. Increased scrutiny of those her group registered was virtually mandated after Abrams herself called on non-citizens to vote, saying in a speech that the 2018 much anticipated "blue wave" would include both "those who are documented and undocumented."

Comment

All is a good argument not to elect people based SOLELY on race or gender. You end up with an Abrams or a Harris.

But the Left is all about image; words and imagery. Substance is mostly irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            All is a good argument not to elect people based SOLELY on race or gender. You end up with an Abrams or a Harris.

But the Left is all about image; words and imagery. Substance is mostly irrelevant.
                            As has been repeatedly observed over the years, when the left speaks of diversity, what they mean is people of different races, religions, sexes genders, who all express the exact same point-of-view. Theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Their problem is that they managed to pick a VP even more toxic than he is, so they're sorta stuck with trying to manage him and hope for the best.
                              I know.

Seriously, they couldn't have ended up with a worse combination if the Republicans had picked it for them.

If there was some grand conspiracy to use the 25th against Biden, it's pretty much toast now. Now they need to impeach Harris and... oh, wait, Pelosi is the only person they have less popular than Harris...

Well, there's always 2022. Oh wait, that would end up with a Republican president...

Hmm, Oh, I know! Impeach Harris and have Hiden appoint Bernie! Then 25th Hiden and... Oh, wait...
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

I'm having a hard time telling if you are serious or not. Abrams brings nothing to the table at all - she managed to lose Georgia pretty badly. Other than 'can annoy conservatives' which seems to be a requirement to join the DNC nowadays, she's got nothing. She doesn't bring the black vote and women like her even less. The VP is supposed to bring SOMETHING to the ticket.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment