Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CDC and EPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC and EPA

I was wondering if there is anyone who thinks the CDC is lying to us about COVID, who doesn’t also think the EPA is lying to us about climate change.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/envi...s-say-rcna1297

Originally posted by Backup View Post
    I was wondering if there is anyone who thinks the CDC is lying to us about COVID, who doesn’t also think the EPA is lying to us about climate change.

Oh, climate is changing, that's for sure. But it always is. Humans have certainly had some influence on the speed of change (but then they also have for a long time - Genghis Khan appears to have cooled the planet just by his conquests, for example, and Native Americans and their practices wrt semi-controlled burns, etc., changed the climate). I'm sure there are a few out there that don't accept the climate is changing and that humans play some role. But the main sticking point is how much they do play. And when people like me don't accept the more hysterical doomsday predictions put forth by the catastrophists, we get called 'climate denialists/deniers' for daring to question the CAGW talking points.

As to the CDC, they've been either lying, or making things up as they go. They're certainly lying by omission by ignoring natural immunity to COVID (and IIRC have both gotten caught, and called out on it by Thomas Massie and claimed they would change their site and never did).

Comment

If what the policy advisers are saying isn't supported by the science (and quite a lot of it isn't), then they are either lying, or are being willfully ignorant.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I had no clear idea of the machinations of the politics of science and funding. Thanks to the exposure and details of the whole Fauci/Daszak/Shi Zhengli/wuhan lab/email affair, I now realize just how easy it would be to perpetuate a scientific lie. It's much easier than I thought prior to all that information. It requires no such imaginary enormous cabal other than a few powerful and influential head honchos at the top, especially the ones in control of the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Oh, climate is changing, that's for sure. But it always is. Humans have certainly had some influence on the speed of change (but then they also have for a long time - Genghis Khan appears to have cooled the planet just by his conquests, for example, and Native Americans and their practices wrt semi-controlled burns, etc., changed the climate). I'm sure there are a few out there that don't accept the climate is changing and that humans play some role. But the main sticking point is how much they do play. And when people like me don't accept the more hysterical doomsday predictions put forth by the catastrophists, we get called 'climate denialists/deniers' for daring to question the CAGW talking points.

As to the CDC, they've been either lying, or making things up as they go. They're certainly lying by omission by ignoring natural immunity to COVID (and IIRC have both gotten caught, and called out on it by Thomas Massie and claimed they would change their site and never did).
          You did everything you could to dance around the question. That’s why I phrased it the way I did.

Do you think the EPA is lying about climate change?

Comment

You did everything you could to dance around the question. That’s why I phrased it the way I did.

I don't know, are they pushing the catastrophist view?

Comment

They're both political animals. So yeah, I'm sure they are telling some lies and/or exaggerating. I'd be surprised if they weren't.

I'm not so trusting.

Comment

I hope not.

I've long been skeptical of the EPA and FDA. My skepticism of the CDC is new.

Similarly, I've long been skeptical of the NSA and CIA. My skepticism of the FBI is relatively new.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I hope not.

Similarly, I've long been skeptical of the NSA and CIA. My skepticism of the FBI is relatively new.
                  What I’m curious about is if all COVID deniers are climate deniers (obviously not “all,” but’s virtually all)

The science behind climate change is overwhelming and accepted by every scientific organization on the planet, of every political persuasion. Same with COVID.

Climate deniers are few and have an obvious political agenda. Seems the same with COVID deniers. I suspect they are the same people.

Comment

What I’m curious about is if all COVID deniers are climate deniers (obviously not “all,” but’s virtually all)

The science behind climate change is overwhelming and accepted by every scientific organization on the planet, of every political persuasion. Same with COVID.

Climate deniers are few and have an obvious political agenda. Seems the same with COVID deniers. I suspect they are the same people.
                    Define "climate deniers" please.

Comment

It's easy to tell - if their lips are moving....
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

You know, those weirdoes that don't believe in seasons.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

And all those organizations don't have an agenda? Like, I dunno, getting billions in research money?

Seriously, there's a reason that attacking the messenger is fallacious. Every human being on the planet has the capacity to do good or evil - sticking letters after their names doesn't change human nature. It's why the best way to determine the truth is to look at the facts. With science, read the methodology section - if it's crap, so's the paper. With government, read the funding (this is also a good way to cure insomnia) - anywhere there's a lot of money flowing only one way, there's probably a problem.

Cases of any sort live or die on their merits - and when the proponent spends most of his time calling the opponent names like 'denier', you can bet there's a problem with his case. Either it's a bad case, or he's bad at debating it. I've seen guys lose debates when they had all the worthwhile evidence on their side - happens more often than you'd think. Being a crappy defender doesn't negate the case proper - another reason to look at the case and not the messenger.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I hope not.

I'm mostly the other way around - but familiarity breeds contempt and I had a LOT more direct experience with the CDC.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

More accurately, those that deny either that the climate is warming or that the primary cause is human generated greenhouse gas emissions.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment