Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What would Hillary have to do for you to stop supporting/not vote for her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    I know I shouldn't.

I think you just can't stand that Roy doesn't take you all that seriously and just argues with you for the sport of it - like many others have. It's funny to hear you constantly harp on others for "not admitting to error" when anybody that has debated you a few times knows that perfectly describes your problem. No matter how it's broken down for you, no matter how many sources are provided, or how many people on your side tell you you're wrong about something, you'll dig your heels in the ground and say everybody else is wrong and/or call them names. I can't recall a single time you apologized for something or admitted to an opponent that you made a mistake. You're never wrong about anything, even on topics were others have actual expertise on something. It just burns you up when an ideological opponent is right and you are wrong.
    Oh, I wish you guys didn't 'take me seriously' because than I wouldn't have to deal with a bunch of whiny, self righteous, man-children that follow me around like an obsessed X that claims to be 'over you', yet spends all of their time obsessing and badmouthing you everywhere they go. Please do give me a Christmas gift and stop taking me seriously. I'd so love to not have to listen to your self righteous, fact free rants like you posted above. It's really kinda of funny since I admitted, to your buddy, that I misread a word in his post, but your buddy wanted to see the worst in my simple misreading vs the simple fact it was my dyslexia again. There's one. How about, in this very thread, where I admitted that my view on the 'oldest government' was an opinion and I even admitted that it can change depending on what you mean by 'oldest government'. Funny how you failed to notice those kind of details and just projected your personal flaws upon me, yet again. Again, please do me a favor, stop taking me seriously so I don't have to listen to your rantings anymore. Pretty please?

Not everything is your fault but not everything is everybody else's fault either, like you want everybody to believe.
    And yet, your incompetence and arrogance shows that you let your anger rule over you vs letting facts rule over you. It's kinda funny, in a sad way, how you see to forget all of that stuff that proves you wrong and only remember details that makes you look like an innocent victim. Why do you keep wanting to act like you're a victim of my evil ways and flat ignore all the details and reality that prove your rant is factually incorrect?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      I have not misquoted you.
      Than go ahead and give the link and the entire post right here and proves your quote is accurate to what I said. Time to put up since you see to have failed to 'refute' my claims about why I believe the US is the 'oldest government in power' in the world. I suppose you need something to keep that fragile ego of yours going. Perhaps you should go and play with Jorge and leave the hard thinking to those that can think?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        You're completely missing the point of my post (Luke 6:27-31).
        I'm not missing the point at all. Jesus was not always nice to people either and these idiots deserve all the ridicule they have thrown at them and then some. If they can't show me respect or other Christians respect, they will not get any in return. Besides, I don't hate them at all, just giving them a taste of their own medicine and they don't like the taste.
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          I'm not missing the point at all. Jesus was not always nice to people either and these idiots deserve all the ridicule they have thrown at them and then some. If they can't show me respect or other Christians respect, they will not get any in return. Besides, I don't hate them at all, just giving them a taste of their own medicine and they don't like the taste.
          1. You're not Jesus. Further, Jesus wasn't being a jackass because someone was a jackass to him. He was calling people on because of their hypocrisy and because as leaders of what was supposed to be a holy nation, they were leading it astray. How in the world does that apply here?

2. Did you even read the passage I gave?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Oh, I wish you guys didn't 'take me seriously' because than I wouldn't have to deal with a bunch of whiny, self righteous, man-children that follow me around like an obsessed X that claims to be 'over you', yet spends all of their time obsessing and badmouthing you everywhere they go. Please do give me a Christmas gift and stop taking me seriously. I'd so love to not have to listen to your self righteous, fact free rants like you posted above. It's really kinda of funny since I admitted, to your buddy, that I misread a word in his post, but your buddy wanted to see the worst in my simple misreading vs the simple fact it was my dyslexia again. There's one. How about, in this very thread, where I admitted that my view on the 'oldest government' was an opinion and I even admitted that it can change depending on what you mean by 'oldest government'. Funny how you failed to notice those kind of details and just projected your personal flaws upon me, yet again. Again, please do me a favor, stop taking me seriously so I don't have to listen to your rantings anymore. Pretty please?

And yet, your incompetence and arrogance shows that you let your anger rule over you vs letting facts rule over you. It's kinda funny, in a sad way, how you see to forget all of that stuff that proves you wrong and only remember details that makes you look like an innocent victim. Why do you keep wanting to act like you're a victim of my evil ways and flat ignore all the details and reality that prove your rant is factually incorrect?
            Roy is my buddy now? That's news to me.

Everything is always 'us' vs 'them' with you and that's why you always assume people that share a philosophical view, that means they must be friends of some sort. Roy and I are not friends in any way whatsoever - though I enjoy his posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
              Roy is my buddy now? That's news to me.
              He's MY buddy!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Than go ahead and give the link and the entire post right here and proves your quote is accurate to what I said.
                I'll not waste my time.

You made the accusation; you provide the evidence.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment