Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What would Hillary have to do for you to stop supporting/not vote for her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would Hillary have to do for you to stop supporting/not vote for her?

There are many Hillary supporters/sympathizers on this site. One question I have for those who support or will vote for Hillary is what will she have to do for you to stop supporting or not vote for her?

Would getting a child rapist off the hook and laughing about it do that? Would proof she ruined the lives of women that her husband sexually assaulted do that? Would proof she sold out national security to the highest bidder do that? Would proof that she was lying about, well, pretty much everything do that?

Well, seeing how it's pretty much undeniable that she has done all of things, and more, what else would it take?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

On the same token, MM, I wonder if there are Clinton supporters here who would admit - like I do - that it's not "my guy" I'm supporting, but that I'm actually doing what I can to keep "the other guy" from being elected.

I'm embarrassed by a lot of what Trump says and does, and has done.... but he's my only shot at stopping Hillary.

Are there those would admit that Hillary is pretty much a reprehensible person, but she's their only hope at stopping Trump?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh, cool. I'll just repeat myself here.

Clinton has already done enough to lose my vote. I wouldn't vote for Clinton if she were running against any of the previous Republican candidates besides Trump. Depending on the candidate, I might vote for the Republican, I might vote for Gary Johnson, or I might not vote for president at all. The only reason I plan to vote for Clinton is because of Trump. For me, it's a choice between unqualified and unacceptable (as it undoubtedly is for some of the Trump voters around here, just reversed).

So I'm in the anyone-but-Trump crowd. He's so bad, as far as I'm concerned, that I'm compelled to vote for the candidate I consider to be the lesser evil.

If over the rest of this month Clinton manages to convince me that she is just as mentally deranged as Trump, then I would vote for Johnson instead. Considering her track record, I don't see that happening.
      Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
        Oh, cool. I'll just repeat myself here.

Clinton has already done enough to lose my vote. I wouldn't vote for Clinton if she were running against any of the previous Republican candidates besides Trump. Depending on the candidate, I might vote for the Republican, I might vote for Gary Johnson, or I might not vote for president at all. The only reason I plan to vote for Clinton is because of Trump. For me, it's a choice between unqualified and unacceptable (as it undoubtedly is for some of the Trump voters around here, just reversed).

So I'm in the anyone-but-Trump crowd. He's so bad, as far as I'm concerned, that I'm compelled to vote for the candidate I consider to be the lesser evil.

If over the rest of this month Clinton manages to convince me that she is just as mentally deranged as Trump, then I would vote for Johnson instead. Considering her track record, I don't see that happening.
        If it turns out that the FBI personnel who actually worked on the Clinton email thing actually protest their boss's failure to prosecute*, and Clinton actually is guilty of criminal behavior and should be stripped of her security credentials, would that prevent you from voting for Clinton for sure?

*that's being alleged, but I don't know how solid it is
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My main man would have been Sanders, save for his views on abortion. Otherwise his what he wants politically and for the economy aligns with what I want, one to one. Hillary doesn't, she's an establishment robot and the dnc pretty much engineered her position. Furthermore she's highly anti-catholic, is corrupt, engages in newspeak and a pro-abortion nightmare.

Then there's Trump who pays some lib-service to pro-lifers, though I doubt anyone sincerely thinks he'll do anything, but hope he'll accidentally elect the right conservative supreme court justices. Beyond that he's indifferent to religion, as long as its leaders says nice things about Trump the man, Trump the brand, and Trump. That sounds ostensible a bit more survivable. However on every other topic, from the useless Mexico wall, to his idea his Reagotrumpnomics++ approach to taxes will be good, his stance on immigration, on war, on torture, his inconsistent replies, the fact that he outright contradicts things he said months before, leads me to think he's an incompetent leader.

So if I was a US voter, I'd be choosing between an acid-spitting dragoness who might keep the kingdom intact, but might also devour me, or a troll who's just emerged out of the ground, who's incompetence and randomness I'd have to endure, but who might leave me alone if he got distracted by something shiny.

So in response I couldn't vote for either of them in good conscience. So I'd vote for neither, or both, depending on how you're counting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            If it turns out that the FBI personnel who actually worked on the Clinton email thing actually protest their boss's failure to prosecute*, and Clinton actually is guilty of criminal behavior and should be stripped of her security credentials, would that prevent you from voting for Clinton for sure?
            I would have to see their reasoning. I think their boss made a very good case.

Comment

Sorry... giving you time

Comment

Not necessarily -- by the time the wheels of justice turn, and possibly even a pardon by Obama prior..... she could actually be "in office" before it were determined.
                I changed my answer.

Comment

I have the luxury (?) of living in Illinois where Hillary will almost certainly beat Trump so I can flip a coin in the booth for Stein or Johnson at the last minute and still be able to vote against both of them. If it had been just about anyone but Trump, I would have voted Republican. I would have felt weird about voting for Cruz, but I would have done it.
                  "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                  Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

I would have to see their reasoning. I think their boss made a very good case.
                    Well, actually, their boss made an EXCELLENT case for stripping her of her security clearance -- but then backed down with the "no reasonable prosecutor would ever...", after which a whole batch of "reasonable prosecutors" claimed he was wrong.

Since then, it appears that FBI agents who actually worked that case were frustrated because there were a whole bunch of things that they were not allowed to investigate, people who were not allowed to be interviewed, and immunity deals made with no real strategic value.

Comment

I changed my answer.
                      Yeah, me too for your benefit!
                      Sorry... giving you time

Comment

Well, actually, their boss made an EXCELLENT case for stripping her of her security clearance -- but then backed down with the "no reasonable prosecutor would ever...", after which a whole batch of "reasonable prosecutors" claimed he was wrong.
                        Oh, sure, getting your security clearance yanked is automatic for that kind of thing, along with losing your job. That's why I consider her to be unqualified.

Comment

Oh, sure, getting your security clearance yanked is automatic for that kind of thing, along with losing your job.
                          But there has to be an investigation - a process - and a determination.

That's why I consider her to be unqualified.
                          You ALREADY consider her unqualified for that reason?

Comment

You ALREADY consider her unqualified for that reason?
                            Yes. Like I said, for me it's unqualified (Clinton) versus unacceptable (Trump).

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              There are many Hillary supporters/sympathizers on this site. One question I have for those who support or will vote for Hillary is what will she have to do for you to stop supporting or not vote for her?

Would getting a child rapist off the hook and laughing about it do that? Would proof she ruined the lives of women that her husband sexually assaulted do that? Would proof she sold out national security to the highest bidder do that? Would proof that she was lying about, well, pretty much everything do that?

Well, seeing how it's pretty much undeniable that she has done all of things, and more, what else would it take?
                              Can you actually list out the proof for all these things with well sourced evidence? If it's undeniable, you must have evidence, otherwise admit you believe on faith.

P.S. Even if she did none of these things I personally cannot vote for her for other reasons.
                              Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment