Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Anybody Want a State Representative? You Can Have Ours....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Want a State Representative? You Can Have Ours....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...lines/6158951/

The really sad part is it's no surprise coming from him. I still support putting the battle flag back on the capitol building - just to see Holmes and Reed carry out their threat to climb the dome (should be even funnier twenty years later... ). Seriously, anyone need a spare state rep? We'll pay the shipping....

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Is what he says true (about it being common when he grew up where he lived?)
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

He's nearly seventy by my reckoning - I remember him being on TV when I was a child. It probably was true then - seeing as Jim Crow was still the law. Now I see white and black people with children and grandchildren of mixed race all the time. It's fairly common to see blacks with mixed race children and becoming increasingly common to see whites with mixed race children. No one even blinks anymore. The main obstacles to whites adopting blacks have come from complaints about it from the black community (remember Raising Isaiah? We still hear that nonsense from time to time). Whites shy away from adopting black children because they don't want to be called racists and aren't sure it's best for the children, but will readily adopt other race children from other nations - including black children.

Holmes is playing the race card - it's how he built his career so it comes as no surprise. It's just getting more embarrassing now...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

He needs to update his schtick. He would most likely be correct if he claimed that the majority of the virulent anti-abortion people would have no qualms about their own teenage daughters getting abortions if the pregnancy represented a serious inconvenience. He might be right if he claimed the majority HAVE done so. Although today, blackness might not be the primary source of inconvenience for most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
          He needs to update his schtick. He would most likely be correct if he claimed that the majority of the virulent anti-abortion people would have no qualms about their own teenage daughters getting abortions if the pregnancy represented a serious inconvenience. He might be right if he claimed the majority HAVE done so. Although today, blackness might not be the primary source of inconvenience for most of them.
          So you call the majority of the opposing side hypocrites. Nice.

But I'm glad to hear the admission about "blackness" not being the primary motivator behind the supposed vast numbers of convenience abortions that would happen. Thanks for that.
          Last edited by Zymologist; 03-07-2014, 07:37 PM.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            So you call the majority of the opposing side hypocrites. Nice.

But I'm glad to hear the admission about "blackness" not being the primary motivator behind the supposed vast numbers of convenience abortions that would happen. Thanks for that.
            Convenience abortions are common. Being publicly opposed to abortion for political gain doesn't seem to impede taking advantage of them for personal gain.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
              Convenience abortions are common. Being publicly opposed to abortion for political gain doesn't seem to impede taking advantage of them for personal gain.
              True enough, sad though it is.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment