Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

John McAfee Didn't Kill Himself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a couple shows about McAfee. To me, he seems to prove the line between genius and insanity is rather thin.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

He claimed he had other stuff/info stashed away as insurance (and IIRC implied it included something on the Clintons).
      Well that sounds dumb. If you have something people want to kill you over, the best thing is to make it all public as soon as possible so they no longer have a reason to make you keep quiet. I think the guy was simply a paranoid schizophrenic or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Well that sounds dumb. If you have something people want to kill you over, the best thing is to make it all public as soon as possible so they no longer have a reason to make you keep quiet. I think the guy was simply a paranoid schizophrenic or something.
        Exactly. Holding onto information while being the only one who knows it and then telling others that you know secrets like that is the surest way to get yourself killed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I don't know what he might have done that anybody would want to kill him for, but the fact that he consistently stated that if was ever found dead, it wouldn't be from suicide is certainly curious.
          Such statements might mean something, or they might not. He definitely seems like one of those people holding on to sanity by a thread.

"If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yes. Unless, of course, you have something to lose by doing so. Like, perhaps, the risk of them killing you simply out of a desire for revenge.
            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post

Such statements might mean something, or they might not. He definitely seems like one of those people holding on to sanity by a thread.
              I suppose it's possible he killed himself to ensure notoriety, though I have trouble wrapping my head around such a thought process.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I suppose it's possible he killed himself to ensure notoriety, though I have trouble wrapping my head around such a thought process.
                True. But then, it's kinda hard to wrap one's heard around killing oneself at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Exactly. Holding onto information while being the only one who knows it and then telling others that you know secrets like that is the surest way to get yourself killed.
                  2021-06-26_13-43-04.jpg

You've got some 'splaining to do, rouge.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

2021-06-26_13-43-04.jpg

You've got some 'splaining to do, rouge.
                    I'm kinda interested in what this rouge person has to say as well

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I'm kinda interested in what this rouge person has to say as well
                      A guy whose caption is "radical strawberry" calling SOMEONE ELSE "rouge." One has to
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Here is another tweet where he makes mention that if he dies in prison he didn't commit suicide this is from October of 2020 https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/s...01215083225096

Comment