Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

John McAfee Didn't Kill Himself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John McAfee Didn't Kill Himself...

“If I Suicide Myself, I Was Murdered” – John McAfee Warned CIA Wanted To Kill Him Before His Death

John McAfee repeatedly warned that the CIA was planning to kill him shortly before he was found dead in his Spanish prison cell on Wednesday.

https://newspunch.com/if-i-suicide-m...ore-his-death/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Where was Hillary?

Comment

Didn't know too much about him, other than his rather colorful bitcoin comment, and that he was a pretty quirky dude.

But I'll bite. At the very least, you need a good enough motive to back a conspiracy theory like that. We know why powerful folks had all the reason in the world to kill Epstein. What did McAfee know that would have motivated this?

Comment

I don't know what he might have done that anybody would want to kill him for, but the fact that he consistently stated that if was ever found dead, it wouldn't be from suicide is certainly curious. He was so certain that it would happen eventually that in 2019, he got a new tattoo on his bicep that read "$whackd" and posted about it on twitter:

whackd.JPG
        https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Heck, with all that publicity, anyone could have murdered him and it would be blamed on the CIA.

I don't see any reason that the CIA would want to whack him. He already "exposed" everything right? What would killing him accomplish? He sounded paranoid to me.

Comment

I would post a link to his hilarious video on YouTube where he explains how to uninstall McAfee antivirus software even though he hasn't had any involvement with the company for over a decade, but it is not, shall we say, "family friendly". It can be found on YouTube by searching for "How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus". Just make sure there are no impressionable children around.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-24-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Heck, with all that publicity, anyone could have murdered him and it would be blamed on the CIA.

I don't see any reason that the CIA would want to whack him. He already "exposed" everything right? What would killing him accomplish? He sounded paranoid to me.
              He claimed he had other stuff/info stashed away as insurance (and IIRC implied it included something on the Clintons).

Comment

Why would the CIA warn him that they were planning to whack him? IMO, they wouldn't. Both the CIA "threats" and his ultimate suicide sound like they came from a man with some mental problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                  Why would the CIA warn him that they were planning to whack him? IMO, they wouldn't. Both the CIA "threats" and his ultimate suicide sound like they came from a man with some mental problems.
                  If I were deep into this conspiracy theory, I might argue CIA was sending a message to others. Essentially "we know who you are and can get to you anytime we want, in spite of the fact you have advanced warnings, and there's nothing you can do about it." IOW, the message to others is -- "we're all powerful, don't mess with us."

But I agree with you. I think the dude was kind of nutty and eccentric. He was 75, so he wasn't long for this world, and if he had been extradited and put in prison here in the states for tax fraud, it was basically over for him. To me, suicide is more logical, in spite of the fact he gave advanced warnings about him being murdered.

Unless, of course, someone can give me a good enough reason.
                  Last edited by seanD; 06-24-2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

How much did he owe in taxes that the US government would go to such lengths to prosecute him?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

If I were deep into this conspiracy theory, I might argue CIA was sending a message to others. Essentially "we know who you are and can get to you anytime we want, in spite of the fact you have advanced warnings, and there's nothing you can do about it." IOW, the message to others is -- "we're all powerful, don't mess with us."
                      I suppose. But for the most part, sensibly, if someone is a danger and needs to be whacked by such forces - they'd just get whacked. No warnings, no games.

If I was a CIA hitman, a threat would be the last thing I would do. They tip your hand, put your target on heightened alert, and possibly will cause them to expose the info that you want kept secret, and they could disappear or end up untouchable in Moscow or Teheran.

But I agree with you. I think the dude was kind of nutty and eccentric. He was 75, so he wasn't long for this world, and if he had been extradited and put in prison here in the states for tax fraud, it was basically over for him. To me, suicide is more logical, in spite of the fact he gave advanced warnings about him being murdered.

Unless, of course, someone can give me a good enough reason.
                      I think he was simply unstable, and terrified of being locked up for the rest of his life (as you note). CIA threats and hit don't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        How much did he owe in taxes that the US government would go to such lengths to prosecute him?
                        I saw on Google he was worth around $4 million, which ain't much these days. So it would probably just be a portion of that.

Comment

Somebody who has a reputation for being a nutcase in the first place probably wouldn't be the first person you would expect to be "taken out" like that. Let's say he did have information about, say, the Clintons. Someone like him is easy to discredit, or even ignore. There are already oodles of people out there publicly accusing them of everything under the sun. The accusations are out there. He would just be another such person, and it wouldn't be clear why he should be taken any more serious than others.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I saw on Google he was worth around $4 million, which ain't much these days. So it would probably just be a portion of that.
                            I'm no tax expert, but I'm guessing that's not counting penalty fees and possible back-taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'm no tax expert, but I'm guessing that's not counting penalty fees and possible back-taxes?
                              Surely there are easier people to prosecute for tax evasion, like Democrat politicians.
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-24-2021, 05:55 PM.

Comment