Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is there a cure for homophobia? Introducing Lovelace......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eider
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

What you have successfully demonstrated by that peevish reply is that you cannot countenance any dispassionate and critical assessment of these texts because those assessments and observations challenge your preconceived beliefs.
    That's why I ask some Christians what Jesus and his did on the first day of that last week (in today's words.... sightseeing) . They have hung on to their preconceptions for so long that they cannot answer such simple questions because they never noticed those verses.

We still haven't sorted out day three yet with some, which is written down so clearly.

Leave a comment:

• eider
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Insofar as I can tell, Mark doesn't say "next day" when he means "next morning." I'm willing to be shown that I am wrong.

There is some difficulty in determining where the divide between Tuesday and Wednesday falls. I'd rather not declare it until I have investigated further, Note that Jesus says there are two days to Passover. If I claim Tuesday without being able to substantiate the claim, there would be justifiable allegations of confirmation bias.
    You didn't answer my question: How could you possibly miss out what Jesus and disciples did on the third day of that week? It's written down for you, just like their actions during the first and second days were. But at least you do know what they did on the first now.

Your decision that 'they' went in to the Temple and attached the bazaar etc during the night-time is laughable, unless you can show chapter and verse about that. Chapter and verse!

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post

All you have successfully done is prove beyond all possible doubt that you cannot give a coherent or reasoned account of anything related to the Bible. If you do happen to get something right, it will be purely by accident.
    What you have successfully demonstrated by that peevish reply is that you cannot countenance any dispassionate and critical assessment of these texts because those assessments and observations challenge your preconceived beliefs.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Stopped watch too.
    More so than a blind hog, because the hog still has a keen sense of smell to assist him.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Even a blind hog.....
    Stopped watch too.

Leave a comment: