Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is there a cure for homophobia? Introducing Lovelace......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post

That is because there are innate biological differences between men and women...
    As a matter of interest why do you constantly ignore underlying [and quite ancient] cultural attitudes towards women? Or would that affect your narrative?

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I am not looking up data for a claim I didn't make. That is your red herring, trying to distract from your broadbrushing that got called out.
    Do not worry CD. Your secret is safe with me!

Leave a comment:

• eider
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Even allowing that argument, in this case, the person who assigned the pupil to the class is the pupil concerned
    Not just that person, but the teacher as well....the whole system would need shaking. And where the class begins to disrespect that pupil without being sorted then the whole system is crank.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Originally posted by eider View Post

It's not the individual's fault!
    Some studies or subjects just don't suit some people.
    Whoever chucked that pupil in to a class that they clearly were not suited to failed..... the system, the selection, the particular teacher or whoever.

Folks have abilities and disabilities. Some groups lose respect for the individual who is physically disabled, some disrespect the individual who is mentally or neurologically disabled.

You are disabled. You are abled. Same for me. Same for everybody. So when a person can't do something it's time to rethink.
    Even allowing that argument, in this case, the person who assigned the pupil to the class is the pupil concerned

Leave a comment:

• eider
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Nearly always when one person still doesn't understand something after numerous attempts from many different people attempt to explain it, the problem doesn't lie in all those who tried to explain it. At some point you realize it's the person either incapable of or unwilling to understand that's the issue.
    It's not the individual's fault!
    Some studies or subjects just don't suit some people.
    Whoever chucked that pupil in to a class that they clearly were not suited to failed..... the system, the selection, the particular teacher or whoever.

Folks have abilities and disabilities. Some groups lose respect for the individual who is physically disabled, some disrespect the individual who is mentally or neurologically disabled.

You are disabled. You are abled. Same for me. Same for everybody. So when a person can't do something it's time to rethink.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

As CD has explained and as Starlight and Ronson have understood, what I'm considering strange is the necessity of a gay or bisexual man to be flamboyant and exceedingly open about their proclivities as opposed to preferring to keep one's private life private.

How you could interpret my comment, especially in light of our other conversations, the way you did is strange.
    I am always amazed.

Leave a comment:

• Diogenes
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    ? Are you repeatedly emphasising and advertising in company [social or business] how "straight" [assuming you are heterosexual] that you are?
    Thank you for acknowledging that attributing heterosexuality to me is an assumption, if merely for the purpose of trying to see if I was hypocritical. Of course, my attitude towards ostentatiousness is irrespective of my or the individual's orientation.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post

That is because there are innate biological differences between men and women...
    Back in one of the law classes I took in college it was revealed that the women most likely to be physically assaulted by their partner are those involved with other women. That led to some joking that contrary to popular belief women haven't civilized men but rather the other way around.

That was 40 years ago so I don't know how true it is today although a cursory check discloses that according to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence 43.8% of lesbians report being assaulted by their partner as opposed to 35% of straight women.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied

And as for sexual harassment [verbal and physical] and the risk of rape on the streets at night.

Do tell us all how many of those offences/crimes are perpetrated by women against men?

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

It appears that you have no data that substantiate the sexual and/or physical/verbal assaults and acts of rape that are perpetrated at night by women upon men.
    I am not looking up data for a claim I didn't make. That is your red herring, trying to distract from your broadbrushing that got called out.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Why?
    Because

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

Why? You said, and I qoute: They are the sex that causes all the problems.

Not a specific sub-set of problems, but ALL the problems, no qualifiers.

It's important to go back to the original source too:

Again, no qualifications, just plain old bigotry.

It appears that you have no data that substantiate the sexual and/or physical/verbal assaults and acts of rape that are perpetrated at night by women upon men.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

I am waiting for you to provide the data that substantiate the sexual and/or physical/verbal assaults and acts of rape that are perpetrated at night by women upon men.
    Why? You said, and I qoute: They are the sex that causes all the problems.

Not a specific sub-set of problems, but ALL the problems, no qualifiers.

It's important to go back to the original source too:

Which comment suggests that this is not a woman's issue and that the faults lie with cultural attitudes towards, and behaviours of, many men.

Women regularly face the risk of attack by men. We are warned told not to go out at night because we might get assaulted/raped by men.

Why are men not told to keep off the streets? They are the sex that causes all the problems.

Again, no qualifications, just plain old bigotry.
    Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 01-03-2023, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

So, you are sticking with your broadbrush. Not only a bigot, but a hypocrite.
    I am waiting for you to provide the data that substantiate the sexual and/or physical/verbal assaults and acts of rape that are perpetrated at night by women upon men.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

And as for sexual harassment [verbal and physical] and the risk of rape on the streets at night.

Do tell us all how many of those offences/crimes are perpetrated by women against men?

I'll wait.
    So, you are sticking with your broadbrush. Not only a bigot, but a hypocrite.

Leave a comment: