Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Fruit of the Conservative misinformation machine ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fruit of the Conservative misinformation machine ...

Most covid deaths are now in the unvaccinated and could have been prevented with just one or two shots. A population much, much larger than it should be because of misinformation coming from mostly conservative sources like Fox and Breitbart. Sources whose influence we see daily on these pages.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/23/healt...day/index.html

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Most covid deaths are now in the unvaccinated and could have been prevented with just one or two shots. A population much, much larger than it should be because of misinformation coming from mostly conservative sources like Fox and Breitbart. Sources whose influence we see daily on these pages.

I’ll be curious how this plays out.

Certainly they can’t keep denying the science in the face of so much objective evidence of the effectiveness of the vaccines.

Comment

You complain about misinformation and then cite the notoriously unreliable CNN. I'll let that irony sink in.

Anyway, I notice that the story is nothing more than a pronouncement from Fauci the Fraud with no actual hard data to support it. His logic is this: Because the China flu vaccine is safe and nearly 100% effective, therefore, all new cases are in unvaccinated individuals. Of course the premise on which he makes his claim is disputable, and if you dig down a little further in the article, you will see that the little gnome's conclusion is based on projections rather than actual occurrences.

For my part, I will consider getting the vaccine as soon it is fully tested and receives FDA approval, which, if standard procedure is followed, should happen in a few years. Of course by then the China flu fearmongering will be a distant memory, so it'll be moot point.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

1. It's not "the conservative misinformation machine" - it is just people who are suspicious and paranoid. Many liberals are too. One of the largest population segments avoiding the vaccine are black people.

2. Does this mean you are finally admitting you are not a conservative?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

1. It's not "the conservative misinformation machine" - it is just people who are suspicious and paranoid. Many liberals are too. One of the largest population segments avoiding the vaccine are black people.
          Yes - actually - it is. From Rand Paul to Donald Trump to Brietbart to Fox's Trucker Carlson. We've had misinformation about the virus, misinformation about the vaccine, constant fear mongering about whether or not the vaccine is effective and whether or not it is unusually dangerous for a vaccine. You need to own what it is you are so closely aligned with.

2. Does this mean you are finally admitting you are not a conservative?
          I believe my response to this has always been that I am conservative morally but do not fit well into either category politically.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I don't distrust Fauci, but it would be good to have some hard numbers.

Comment

Yes - actually - it is. From Rand Paul to Donald Trump to Brietbart to Fox's Trucker Carlson. We've had misinformation about the virus, misinformation about the vaccine, constant fear mongering about whether or not the vaccine is effective and whether or not it is unusually dangerous for a vaccine. You need to own what it is you are so closely aligned with.

I think you could have spun it better blaming vaccine disparity of blacks on racism, instead of implying they listen to likes of Rand Paul, Donald Trump, Brietbart, and Trucker Carlson. At least the former is consistent with your MO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

One of the largest population segments avoiding the vaccine are black people.
                It looks like the black vaccination rate is about even with population.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

around 30% of Republicans said they won’t get vaccinated, that’s the problem

Comment

Yes - actually - it is. From Rand Paul

Please list the so-called misinformation from Rand Paul (who noteably has been right on multipl things that Fauci was dead wrong about and each time Fauci quietly changed his position on to match Paul weeks or months later). Let's see it.

Comment

Hopefully Tucker will post the video of his interview with the notorious, YouTube-censored source of misinformation, Dr. Mallone, inventor of the mRNA technology.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      Hopefully Tucker will post the video of his interview with the notorious, YouTube-censored source of misinformation, Dr. Mallone, inventor of the mRNA technology.
                      Seems the only people claiming Malone invented mRNA are him and his wife, and some conspiracy theorists.

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

Seems the only people claiming Malone invented mRNA are him and his wife, and some conspiracy theorists.
                        I notice Jill cites many references to support her claim. I'm not sure how to go about proving the negative, viz, that her husband was NOT involved in inventing the technology.

I also don't know how to go about evaluating your weird assertion that the only other people making the claim are "conspiracy theorists." ISTM that the question about whether or not one is a "conspiracy theorist" is sort of like the question as to whether one is a "terrorist" or a "freedom fighter."
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I notice Jill cites many references to support her claim. I'm not sure how to go about proving the negative, viz, that her husband was NOT involved in inventing the technology.

I also don't know how to go about evaluating your weird assertion that the only other people making the claim are "conspiracy theorists." ISTM that the question about whether or not one is a "conspiracy theorist" is sort of like the question as to whether one is a "terrorist" or a "freedom fighter."
                          The accusation "conspiracy theorist" is just a lazy term used to stifle discussion about any controversial subject. The guy is new, so he apparently doesn't know that has very little affect on anything or anyone here.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

The accusation "conspiracy theorist" is just a lazy term used to stifle discussion about any controversial subject.
                            no

It is accurate when I use it.

I’m not interested in getting into the weeds with someone who wants to argue that some unqualified quack should be talked seriously and we should dismiss all the leading experts on a subject. That is just a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

no

It is accurate when I use it.

I’m not interested in getting into the weeds with someone who wants to argue that some unqualified quack should be talked seriously and we should dismiss all the leading experts on a subject. That is just a waste of time.
                              No, you use it just the way I described, which is why you've been wrong other times you've thrown that term around.

Comment