Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Fruit of the Conservative misinformation machine ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Please list the so-called misinformation from Rand Paul (who noteably has been right on multipl things that Fauci was dead wrong about and each time Fauci quietly changed his position on to match Paul weeks or months later). Let's see it.
    Well, there was that time last summer when he said that New York's case numbers were so low because New York had reached herd immunity...

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

It looks like the black vaccination rate is about even with population.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
      Looks like they're well behind to me.
      Overall, across these 40 states, the percent of White people who have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose (46%) was roughly 1.4 times higher than the rate for Black people (33%) and 1.2 times higher than the rate for Hispanic people (38%) as of June 21, 2021. White people had a higher vaccination rate compared to Hispanic people in all reporting states, except Virginia, Vermont, and Missouri, and a higher rate than Black people in every reporting state, except Oregon, Alaska, and Idaho. However, the size of these differences varied widely across states. For example, White people were over twice as likely to have received a vaccine as Hispanic people in Colorado and South Dakota and had at least a two times higher vaccination rate than Black people in Florida, Iowa, and South Dakota. The overall vaccination rate across states for Asian people was higher compared to White people (60% vs. 46%), which is consistent with the pattern in most reporting states. However, Asian people had lower vaccinations rates than White people in six states (Colorado, Virginia, Utah, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and South Dakota).

And that's despite the fact they've been disproportionately affected. The deficit is decreasing, but there's still a good-sized gap to fill. Their historical mistreatment in medical studies has fostered suspicions. To counteract this, knowledgeable community members have been recruited to answer their concerns. I'm not sanguine on how well this can be translated for those whose resistance is fostered by propaganda so long as the propaganda continues, but the pushback has to happen on their turf.

If they see it on FOX news, maybe they'll believe it, or maybe they'll just abandon FOX news.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Well, there was that time last summer when he said that New York's case numbers were so low because New York had reached herd immunity...
        You mean when he pointed out this: https://science.sciencemag.org/conte.../6505/846.full which suggests herd immunity could be achieved at 40 percent?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Yes - actually - it is. From Rand Paul to Donald Trump to Brietbart to Fox's Trucker Carlson. We've had misinformation about the virus, misinformation about the vaccine, constant fear mongering about whether or not the vaccine is effective and whether or not it is unusually dangerous for a vaccine. You need to own what it is you are so closely aligned with.

I believe my response to this has always been that I am conservative morally but do not fit well into either category politically.

For those that challenge the idea Rand Paul should have been included in this post, here are links to discussions of wrt himself being vaccinated and natural immunity, which only encourages others to do the same... and some of them will or have died unnecessarily as a consequence

A https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1852549.html

B https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...le/7415947002/

C https://www.factcheck.org/2020/11/pa...d-19-vaccines/

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It looks like the black vaccination rate is about even with population.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

around 30% of Republicans said they won’t get vaccinated, that’s the problem
            Interesting.

Source: Biden’s vaccine push fails to gain traction with African Americans

Less than a quarter of Black Americans have received their first Covid-19 shot. That's less than other racial and ethnic groups tracked by the CDC.

The Biden administration knew the key to a successful Covid vaccination campaign would be reaching the most vulnerable populations. But more than five months in, even a blueprint that’s worked with other ethnic and racial groups isn’t doing enough to win over Black Americans.

Less than a quarter of Black Americans had received their first Covid-19 shot as of June 7 based on available federal data, amid a weekslong stagnation that has defied the government’s ramped-up effort to accelerate vaccinations and reach the nation’s most vulnerable communities.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*article continues at link above*]

According to the CDC, as of June 21st, blacks, who constitute about 13.5% of the population only account for 9% of those who had received at least one dose of the vaccine. It should be noted that Hispanics account for 15% of those vaccinated which is a bit over their percent in the total population.

And keep in mind, this has been after a concerted effort was made to get blacks vaccinated. When the program was started in many areas they were being placed in the prioritized groups (elderly, first responders, hospital personnel, politicians and athletes...) meaning they were moved to the front of the line. It is still listed as a priority to get blacks vaccinated.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Looks like they're well behind to me.
              Overall, across these 40 states, the percent of White people who have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose (46%) was roughly 1.4 times higher than the rate for Black people (33%) and 1.2 times higher than the rate for Hispanic people (38%) as of June 21, 2021. White people had a higher vaccination rate compared to Hispanic people in all reporting states, except Virginia, Vermont, and Missouri, and a higher rate than Black people in every reporting state, except Oregon, Alaska, and Idaho. However, the size of these differences varied widely across states. For example, White people were over twice as likely to have received a vaccine as Hispanic people in Colorado and South Dakota and had at least a two times higher vaccination rate than Black people in Florida, Iowa, and South Dakota. The overall vaccination rate across states for Asian people was higher compared to White people (60% vs. 46%), which is consistent with the pattern in most reporting states. However, Asian people had lower vaccinations rates than White people in six states (Colorado, Virginia, Utah, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and South Dakota).

And that's despite the fact they've been disproportionately affected. The deficit is decreasing, but there's still a good-sized gap to fill. Their historical mistreatment in medical studies has fostered suspicions. To counteract this, knowledgeable community members have been recruited to answer their concerns. I'm not sanguine on how well this can be translated for those whose resistance is fostered by propaganda so long as the propaganda continues, but the pushback has to happen on their turf.

If they see it on FOX news, maybe they'll believe it, or maybe they'll just abandon FOX news.
              Blacks are indeed suspicious of government medical programs and for good reason. The Tuskegee Experiment was the best known incident but was hardly the only one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Interesting.

Source: Biden’s vaccine push fails to gain traction with African Americans

Less than a quarter of Black Americans have received their first Covid-19 shot. That's less than other racial and ethnic groups tracked by the CDC.

The Biden administration knew the key to a successful Covid vaccination campaign would be reaching the most vulnerable populations. But more than five months in, even a blueprint that’s worked with other ethnic and racial groups isn’t doing enough to win over Black Americans.

Less than a quarter of Black Americans had received their first Covid-19 shot as of June 7 based on available federal data, amid a weekslong stagnation that has defied the government’s ramped-up effort to accelerate vaccinations and reach the nation’s most vulnerable communities.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*article continues at link above*]

According to the CDC, as of June 21st, blacks, who constitute about 13.5% of the population only account for 9% of those who had received at least one dose of the vaccine. It should be noted that Hispanics account for 15% of those vaccinated which is a bit over their percent in the total population.

And keep in mind, this has been after a concerted effort was made to get blacks vaccinated. When the program was started in many areas they were being placed in the prioritized groups (elderly, first responders, hospital personnel, politicians and athletes...) meaning they were moved to the front of the line. It is still listed as a priority to get blacks vaccinated.
                The reasons for black resistence to vaccination are typically somewhat different than the democrat/republican politicization of covid-19 that drives republican resistance to vaccination. It is possible that the infiltration if conservative misinformation into the evangelical community could trigger the sense of being abused or decieved by white people wrt vaccines that in general tends to contribute to that demographic's reluctance.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

No, you use it just the way I described, which is why you've been wrong other times you've thrown that term around.
                  Let’s see, in the future, if you ask us to listen to an unqualified quack who claims to have proven all the experts on a subject wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You complain about misinformation and then cite the notoriously unreliable CNN. I'll let that irony sink in.

Anyway, I notice that the story is nothing more than a pronouncement from Fauci the Fraud with no actual hard data to support it. His logic is this: Because the China flu vaccine is safe and nearly 100% effective, therefore, all new cases are in unvaccinated individuals. Of course the premise on which he makes his claim is disputable, and if you dig down a little further in the article, you will see that the little gnome's conclusion is based on projections rather than actual occurrences.

For my part, I will consider getting the vaccine as soon it is fully tested and receives FDA approval, which, if standard procedure is followed, should happen in a few years. Of course by then the China flu fearmongering will be a distant memory, so it'll be moot point.
                    It is the moral duty of every citizen to be vaccinated. The vaccines are tested and approved already. Do not delay.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

For those that challenge the idea Rand Paul should have been included in this post, here are links to discussions of wrt himself being vaccinated and natural immunity, which only encourages others to do the same... and some of them will or have died unnecessarily as a consequence
                      A.
                      “Until they show me evidence that people who have already had the infection are dying in large numbers, or being hospitalized or getting very sick, I just made my own personal decision that I’m not getting vaccinated because I’ve already had the disease and I have natural immunity."

You can apply negative spin to that if you like, but it is a perfectly reasonable position. He has also said he will still probably get the vaccine once he believes his immunity has worn off.

B. An opinion piece, full of quotemining to make his case. Not very impressive.

C. There's a lot here, some worthwhile and some not. In the article, Paul doesn't say where he got his percentages from, so one might assume they come from an unreliable source. But just as much, the article doesn't specify the source of contradiction, saying "Public health experts, however, have said ..."

But seriously, if you want to go on a witch hunt regarding contradictions and bad information, Fauci will take the prize any day ahead of Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

You mean when he pointed out this: https://science.sciencemag.org/conte.../6505/846.full which suggests herd immunity could be achieved at 40 percent?
                        Yes, when the percentage of the population that had been infected was about half that.

I also wonder if he read this part: "Our estimates should be interpreted as an illustration of how population heterogeneity affects herd immunity rather than as an exact value or even a best estimate."

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

It is the moral duty of every citizen to be vaccinated. The vaccines are tested and approved already. Do not delay.
                          The testing procedure was full of shortcuts to get the vaccine to market as quickly as possible, there has been zero long-term testing simply because time machines haven't been invented yet, and because of these deficiencies, the vaccines were approved for emergency use only, at least in the US. We are also seeing a disproportionately high rate of negative outcomes, from relatively mild to life threatening, in numbers that far exceed what was sufficient in the past for other medications to be pulled from the market. There is no moral duty to be a test subject for an experimental vaccine.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Let’s see, in the future, if you ask us to listen to an unqualified quack who claims to have proven all the experts on a subject wrong.
                            I presume you take Drs. Harvey Risch, Qanta Ahmed, Ramin Oskoui, and Stephen Smith to all be "unqualified quacks" because they advocate for HCQ and/or Ivermectin, right?

I believe this particular reply of yours was in regard to Dr. Robert Malone, and his claims to be the inventor of mRNA technology.

I have no way beyond Google to investigate his (and his wife's) claims. I find the list of citations she provides, and the offer he makes, in the Comments on this page to be impressive, but I have no way to evaluate their merits individually.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Here and here are clips of Tucker's interview with Dr. Malone, for those interested.

ATM, I'm most concerned about Mallone's assertions concerning the inability to make useful risk/benefit analyses because of the inability of relevant agencies to collect and process the data, and their reluctance to release the data they have.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

It is possible that the infiltration if conservative misinformation into the evangelical community could trigger the sense of being abused or decieved by white people wrt vaccines that in general tends to contribute to that demographic's reluctance.

Comment