Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Greta Inspired Climate Group Shuts Down After Accusing Itself Of Racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greta Inspired Climate Group Shuts Down After Accusing Itself Of Racism

Ang no, this is NOT a Babylon Bee parody. It's real. title is link to article.

Greta Thunberg-Inspired Climate Group Shuts Down After Accusing Itself Of Racism

Sandy MaloneJune 18, 2021

Auckland, NEW ZEALAND – Less than two years after Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg inspired protests and the creation of the “School Strike 4 Climate” movement, the Auckland chapter has shut itself down because they decided that they were racist.
    School Strike 4 Climate Auckland (SS4C AKL) posted an explanation on its official Facebook page on June 12 that explained why the organization had disbanded.
    In short, it decided that white people cannot lead the climate change movement because people of color are more egregiously affected by it.

The group said in the post that the suggestion to do away with the group was made “under the suggestion and guidance of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) members of our group.”
    “We are not holding any more climate strikes in the Auckland region… BIPOC communities are disproportionately affected by climate change, so the fight for climate justice should be led by their voices and needs, not Pākehā ones,” the post read.
    Pākehā refers to white New Zealand residents.
    The group didn’t stop at calling itself racist and included the larger organization in its Facebook message.

“We are disbanding because, since 2019, SS4C AKL (as well as the wider national group, though we can’t speak on their behalf) has been a racist, white-dominated space,” the post read. “SS4C AKL has avoided, ignored, and tokenised BIPOC voices and demands, especially those of Pasifika and Māori individuals in the climate activism space. As well as this, the responsibility and urgent need to decolonise the organisation has been put off for far too long.”
    “SS4C also delayed paying financial reparations for the work BIPOC groups/individuals within and alongside the group have done for this organisation in the past. This is a non-exhaustive list,” the Auckland group added.
    The post apologized for the “hurt, burnout, and trauma” it had caused to people of color – including current and former members – and also apologized for “the further trauma caused by our slow action to take responsibility.”
    “We recognise that this apology can never be enough to make up for our actions on top of years of systemic and systematic oppression, racism, and the silencing of those who are the most affected by climate change. This apology is just one of our steps in taking accountability for our actions,” the post read.

“Our disbandment is well overdue,” the group added.
    The group painted its national organization as racist, too.
    “We acknowledge that our attitude has been racist and dismissive of the voices that have rightly spoken out against us and we apologise deeply for the pain we have caused. In saying this, we also need to acknowledge that racism is a big problem within the SS4C NZ team as well, but that we have made this decision independently from them,” SS4C AKL wrote.
    Then the post listed a bunch of individuals to contact at other organizations for people who wanted to help stop climate change and said white New Zealanders shouldn’t be leading the charge.

“The climate justice space must be led by BIPOC groups and others who are disproportionately affected by climate change,” the group wrote. “In Aotearoa, this especially means Māori and Pasifika groups.”
    Pasifika refers to people with Pacific island heritage.
    Indigenous youth climate advocacy group Te Ara Whatu, one of the groups that was on SS4C AKL’s referral list, celebrated the move, The Guardian reported.
    “I hope their decision destigmatises disbanding. I think there’s quite a few groups who could do the same,” the groups spokesperson, Anevili, said.

In my wildest dreams, this will be where the global climate change elitists and the climate change SJWs clash. Like the trans community and the feminists. That would be awesome.

Comment

When the woke white liberals who see it as their duty to help the poor, less fortunate, less capable minorities (the new 'white man's burden') see themselves being edged out of positions based on the color of their skin thanks to some of the virtue signaling Social Justice gobbledygook that they helped to push, the question will be, is it too late to shut those barn doors.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        When the woke white liberals who see it as their duty to help the poor, less fortunate, less capable minorities (the new 'white man's burden') see themselves being edged out of positions based on the color of their skin thanks to some of the virtue signaling Social Justice gobbledygook that they helped to push, the question will be, is it too late to shut those barn doors.
        I think we should just step back and watch the liberals eat each other.

Comment

This has to be satire. It has to be. I mean, doesn't it?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I think it is all part of the left's war with the Babylon Bee. First Snopes and Big Tech tried to shut them down. Then the NYT sought to smear them. So after failing at the direct assault approach they have now decided to become and act increasingly ridiculous until they become impossible to satirize.

Prove me wrong.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I think we should just step back and watch the liberals eat each other.
              This is sort of proves to me that all liberals are capable of these days is destruction - themselves or others.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Ang no, this is NOT a Babylon Bee parody. It's real. title is link to article.
                I think it's hilarious. And good riddance.

Comment

That I found this report astonishing has astonished me.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    That's what I thought. So I followed the trail, and found their actual facebook page that confirms the story: https://www.facebook.com/schoolstrik...=page_internal

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

This is sort of proves to me that all liberals are capable of these days is destruction - themselves or others.
                      Yeah. Their entire world view seems to be "you are either an oppressor or a victim" and of course, the guilt or outrage resulting from that world view.

Comment