Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

W.H.O. Updates Guidance, Recommends Those Under 18 Not Be Vaccinated At This Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

"Suitable" is not a recommendation.
    Let me put it this way. They used to say that children should not be vaccinated. Now they don't.

If you want to claim that vaccinations are riskier for children than covid-19 itself, you'll have to find another source.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Let me put it this way. They used to say that children should not be vaccinated. Now they don't.

If you want to claim that vaccinations are riskier for children than covid-19 itself, you'll have to find another source.
      There is no recommendation for (healthy) children to take the vaccine, while there is plenty of recommendation for adults to get it. That means the risk of contracting covid and becoming seriously ill for adults is more serious than any side effects from the vaccine. And the same cannot be said for children. You are interpreting their passive stance as a recommendation. I am not.

Comment

There is no recommendation for (healthy) children to take the vaccine, while there is plenty of recommendation for adults to get it. That means the risk of contracting covid and becoming seriously ill for adults is more serious than any side effects from the vaccine. And the same cannot be said for children. You are interpreting their passive stance as a recommendation. I am not.
        The CDC is recommending that children get vaccinated. I don't need the W.H.O. to endorse that recommendation. If they were actually arguing the other way, then maybe I'd have to worry about which one was more authoritative.

Comment

And now in the right thread:

Back on topic, this presentation shows significant vaccine adverse reactions in young males - both demonstrated with VAERS and VDS.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            And now in the right thread:

Back on topic, this presentation shows significant vaccine adverse reactions in young males - both demonstrated with VAERS and VDS.
            So the vaccines are much less dangerous than covid-19 itself.

Comment

Speaking of advice from the W.H.O.,

WHO urges fully vaccinated people to continue to wear masks as delta Covid variant spreads

I think I understand the reasoning. Since people who have been vaccinated can become infected, they can also pass the disease on to the unvaccinated. So by wearing masks, they can help protect the unvaccinated.

As for myself, I think I'll put a mask back on when there is an outbreak in my area that threatens to overwhelm the healthcare system.

Comment

Speaking of advice from the W.H.O.,

WHO urges fully vaccinated people to continue to wear masks as delta Covid variant spreads

I think I understand the reasoning. Since people who have been vaccinated can become infected, they can also pass the disease on to the unvaccinated. So by wearing masks, they can help protect the unvaccinated.

As for myself, I think I'll put a mask back on when there is an outbreak in my area that threatens to overwhelm the healthcare system.
                Yeah, no thanks. Not to mention long predicted by anyone with a brain, that the tyrants would give a brief respite and then come up with another reason to put the muzzles back on the populace.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yeah, no thanks. Not to mention long predicted by anyone with a brain, that the tyrants would give a brief respite and then come up with another reason to put the muzzles back on the populace.
                  It would be different if I lived in Australia, for example, where many people have not yet had the opportunity to be vaccinated. But I don't feel any urge to wear a mask in order to protect people who willfully choose not to be vaccinated.

Comment

It would be different if I lived in Australia, for example, where many people have not yet had the opportunity to be vaccinated. But I don't feel any urge to wear a mask in order to protect people who willfully choose not to be vaccinated.
                    Good for you. I willfully choose not to be vaccinated because I already had the disease and have natural immunity just as robust if not more so than someone who only encountered spike proteins via a vaccine. I also feel no urge to wear a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                      I also feel no urge to wear a mask.
                      I haven't worn a mask in over a year. The only difference now is that I'm no longer the only person in a store with my glorious visage uncovered, and I don't get startled looks from other shoppers.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

As well you shouldn't. Life is one big risk, from birth to death. Besides, if you're vaccinated you shouldn't be contagious anyway.

My guess is, if you polled all of the people in this country who are not vaccinated, whether or not you should wear a mask, they'd say "no."

Comment

As well you shouldn't. Life is one big risk, from birth to death. Besides, if you're vaccinated you shouldn't be contagious anyway.
                          There are people who, though fully vaccinated, have died of covid-19. It would be silly to think that they weren't contagious at some point.

My guess is, if you polled all of the people in this country who are not vaccinated, whether or not you should wear a mask, they'd say "no."
                          Well, I'm glad they feel that way.

Comment