Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

W.H.O. Updates Guidance, Recommends Those Under 18 Not Be Vaccinated At This Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.H.O. Updates Guidance, Recommends Those Under 18 Not Be Vaccinated At This Time

Interesting, It appears the WHO is now saying children under 18 should not be vaccinated at this time. I'm guessing it has at least somewhat to do with the inflamed heart issues that are now popping up in younger people who get the vaccine.

https://www.precisionvaccinations.co...id-19-vaccines

The World Health Organization (WHO) published revised advice on June 21, 2021, clarifying which populations should receive COVID-19 vaccines. The WHO's website now states, 'Children should not be vaccinated for the moment.'

Furthermore, the WHO says 'There is not yet enough evidence on the use of vaccines against COVID-19 in children to make recommendations for children to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Children and adolescents tend to have milder disease compared to adults.'

'However, children should continue to have the recommended childhood vaccines.'

Additionally, the WHO confirmed 'COVID-19 vaccines are safe for most people 18 years and older, including those with pre-existing conditions of any kind, including auto-immune disorders. These conditions include hypertension, diabetes, asthma, pulmonary, liver, and kidney disease, as well as chronic infections that are stable and controlled.'

'While a COVID-19 vaccine will prevent serious illness and death, we still don’t know the extent to which it keeps you from being infected and passing the virus on to others. The more we allow the virus to spread, the more opportunity the virus has to change.'

This WHO advice conflicts with the U.S. FDA's authorization on May 10, 2021, to include people 12 years old in the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccination program.

Sounds to me another case of trying to "save" the vaccine for the older people by telling the young folks they don't need it. Kinda like when Fauci told everyone not to wear masks, not because they didn't help (which is what he said) but because there was a shortage of them for medical personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
      Interesting, It appears the WHO is now saying children under 18 should not be vaccinated at this time. I'm guessing it has at least somewhat to do with the inflamed heart issues that are now popping up in younger people who get the vaccine.

https://www.precisionvaccinations.co...id-19-vaccines
      Sad thing is, the left is so misinformed and treat the covid vaccines like it's a religion, if you were to say something like this on social media, you'd get mercilessly attacked for being antiscience, best case scenario, or just outright banned.

Comment

Typical. Panic pushing ("it's perfectly safe") and now backtracking ("maybe there's a problem").

What is outrageous is that a mere couple of weeks back, they were twisting the arms of everyone to get vaccinated, instead of focusing on high-risk groups.

Comment

So why would the Chicoms tell their puppy at the head of W.H.O. to issue this statement?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Sounds to me another case of trying to "save" the vaccine for the older people by telling the young folks they don't need it. Kinda like when Fauci told everyone not to wear masks, not because they didn't help (which is what he said) but because there was a shortage of them for medical personnel.
            I don't think this a Fauci style "noble lie". I think, rather, they are simply acknowledging that these experimental vaccines are genuinely risky. I'm just not sure why this particular outcome is the one that finally got them to openly admit it.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Typical. Panic pushing ("it's perfectly safe") and now backtracking ("maybe there's a problem").

What is outrageous is that a mere couple of weeks back, they were twisting the arms of everyone to get vaccinated, instead of focusing on high-risk groups.
              Oh my goodness! Scientists and medical professionals changed their tentative conclusions based on new evidence! This must be evidence of an international communist conspiracy!

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

Oh my goodness! Scientists and medical professionals changed their tentative conclusions based on new evidence! This must be evidence of an international communist conspiracy!
                Ah so you're admitting these are experimental vaccines and we know very little about their side effects, huh? So why was the CDC pushing them a month or so ago for kids under 18, and why do I get pushback from folks like you, every time I note the fact that they are, in fact, experimental vaccines?

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

Exaggeration noted. But the point is, the public was being pushed by these people (and those who religiously defend them ) for children to take this vaccine, and only to find that it is/was dangerous for them. More dangerous than covid. Some may have been permanently damaged. Would you like to take ownership for those cases, since you were one of the bigger advocates?

Comment

Exaggeration noted. But the point is, the public was being pushed by these people (and those who religiously defend them ) for children to take this vaccine, and only to find that it is/was dangerous for them. More dangerous than covid. Some may have been permanently damaged. Would you like to take ownership for those cases, since you were one of the bigger advocates?
                    Where do you get the idea that the vaccine is more dangerous to young people than covid itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Where do you get the idea that the vaccine is more dangerous to young people than covid itself?
                      From the idea that W.H.O has suggested young people stop taking the vaccine. What conclusion do you draw?

Comment

From the idea that W.H.O has suggested young people stop taking the vaccine. What conclusion do you draw?
                        The advice from the W.H.O until yesterday was that children should not be vaccinated for covid-19.

Their advice today is:

Source: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice

Children and adolescents tend to have milder disease compared to adults, so unless they are part of a group at higher risk of severe COVID-19, it is less urgent to vaccinate them than older people, those with chronic health conditions and health workers.

More evidence is needed on the use of the different COVID-19 vaccines in children to be able to make general recommendations on vaccinating children against COVID-19.

WHO's Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) has concluded that the Pfizer/BionTech vaccine is suitable for use by people aged 12 years and above. Children aged between 12 and 15 who are at high risk may be offered this vaccine alongside other priority groups for vaccination. Vaccine trials for children are ongoing and WHO will update its recommendations when the evidence or epidemiological situation warrants a change in policy.

© Copyright Original Source

Saying that it is less urgent to vaccinate children than higher risk people is not quite the same as saying that the vaccine is more dangerous to them than covid-19.

Comment

The advice from the W.H.O until yesterday was that children should not be vaccinated for covid-19.

Their advice today is:

Source: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice

Children and adolescents tend to have milder disease compared to adults, so unless they are part of a group at higher risk of severe COVID-19, it is less urgent to vaccinate them than older people, those with chronic health conditions and health workers.

More evidence is needed on the use of the different COVID-19 vaccines in children to be able to make general recommendations on vaccinating children against COVID-19.

WHO's Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) has concluded that the Pfizer/BionTech vaccine is suitable for use by people aged 12 years and above. Children aged between 12 and 15 who are at high risk may be offered this vaccine alongside other priority groups for vaccination. Vaccine trials for children are ongoing and WHO will update its recommendations when the evidence or epidemiological situation warrants a change in policy.

© Copyright Original Source

Saying that it is less urgent to vaccinate children than higher risk people is not quite the same as saying that the vaccine is more dangerous to them than covid-19.
                          I disagree. It is all a matter of risk-vs-gain, and the W.H.O. saying "More evidence is needed on the use of the different COVID-19 vaccines in children to be able to make general recommendations on vaccinating children against COVID-19" is confirmation of that. IOW, "Until we know more, it's too risky."

Comment

I disagree. It is all a matter of risk-vs-gain, and the W.H.O. saying "More evidence is needed on the use of the different COVID-19 vaccines in children to be able to make general recommendations on vaccinating children against COVID-19" is confirmation of that. IOW, "Until we know more, it's too risky."
                            In the absence of general recommendations, they made a specific recommendation:

"WHO's Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) has concluded that the Pfizer/BionTech vaccine is suitable for use by people aged 12 years and above."

Comment

In the absence of general recommendations, they made a specific recommendation:

"WHO's Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) has concluded that the Pfizer/BionTech vaccine is suitable for use by people aged 12 years and above."
                              "Suitable" is not a recommendation.

Comment