Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hunter the "artist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter the "artist"

By now most everybody has heard that old Joe's problem child, Hunter, has proclaimed that he is now an artist. Moreover, he will be offering his art for between $75,000 to $500,000 a pop. What most folks don't understand is that all sales will be confidential, meaning the buyer's names will never be known.

IOW, Xi Jinping could plop a cool million down for two paintings that Hunter whips out in 10 minutes and nobody will know about it. Same goes for Putin if wants to decorate a couple of his dachas. And the mad mullahs in Iran as well.

What we have here is a cozy little money laundering scheme that probably has Hillary red with rage since she didn't think of it.

So, out of curiosity what do y'all think of this?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah sounds like a good scheme to sell influence without having any public exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        It's such an obvious money laundering scheme that if our law enforcement agencies had even an ounce of integrity, they would have the Biden family so tied up in investigations that Hunter wouldn't even have time to pick up a paintbrush.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

By now most everybody has heard that old Joe's problem child, Hunter, has proclaimed that he is now an artist. Moreover, he will be offering his art for between $75,000 to $500,000 a pop. What most folks don't understand is that all sales will be confidential, meaning the buyer's names will never be known.

IOW, Xi Jinping could plop a cool million down for two paintings that Hunter whips out in 10 minutes and nobody will know about it. Same goes for Putin if wants to decorate a couple of his dachas. And the mad mullahs in Iran as well.

What we have here is a cozy little money laundering scheme that probably has Hillary red with rage since she didn't think of it.

It's humorous. But in all fairness, I've always believed Hunter was "set up" by a friend or something. Someone put that pipe in his mouth - likely the same person who snapped the photo.

Who said the painting was made by Hunter?

Comment

Here's my art work. I call it "Meth Mouth". Bidding starts at $10, or whatever you carry in your wallet.

mouth.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It's humorous. But in all fairness, I've always believed Hunter was "set up" by a friend or something. Someone put that pipe in his mouth - likely the same person who snapped the photo.

Who said the painting was made by Hunter?
              I'm pretty sure that someone picked up a nearby crack pipe and put it in Hunter's mouth when he was asleep/passed out and took the picture as a joke.

But the very fact that a crack pipe was next to where Hunter was speaks volumes.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that someone picked up a nearby crack pipe and put it in Hunter's mouth when he was asleep/passed out and took the picture as a joke.

But the very fact that a crack pipe was next to where Hunter was speaks volumes.
                It also speaks volumes that he kept the photo on his laptop. He was proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It also speaks volumes that he kept the photo on his laptop. He was proud of it.
                  B-but, but... you can't prove it was Hunter's laptop. I mean aside from the fact that Hunter's lawyers went to court seeking to have it returned.

Comment

Dude is an admitted crackhead. Is it really implausible that he would fall asleep with a crackpipe in his mouth?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Dude is an admitted crackhead. Is it really implausible that he would fall asleep with a crackpipe in his mouth?
                      Coke is a stimulant, so yeah, I find it hard to believe he just took some cocaine and then fell over asleep pipe still in his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I've never smoked crack but I've read that the pipe gets really, seriously hot when used, so it doesn't seem likely someone would fall asleep with one in their mouth. Or someone would forget/not care it is in their mouth and then curl up in bed and pull up the covers.

It is obviously a staged photo taken by a "friend".

Comment

This is pretty typical of the art world.

It's hard to make an argument he's not doing what lots of famous people who decided they were artists do.

The problem is that the standards of quality in contemporary art are so shockingly low anyone can declare themselves an artist, and if they have the right connections, go right to the top. You can't do that with ballet or the violin.

Comment

Hunter is the typical rich/successful man's son. I have met several in my lifetime and usually they are all screw-ups. They were all raised with a silver spoon in their mouth, and had everything done for them and had no responsibilities. Then when they actually grow up, they want to be successful like their dad, but are too lazy to actually DO anything to make it happen. So they usually end up playing entrepreneur while still actually living off of Dad's rep and screwing over anyone who gets involved with them.

The son of one of my previous bosses is just like that. Always scheming about some great new business he is going to start, but never actually getting anything done. A complete dreamer, and failure. He is now close to 60 and never had a real job. Basically still living off of his dad's money and mom's social security. His dad died about 15 years ago but his mom is still alive but probably not much longer (around 85). I got suckered by him once in the 1990s when he was trying to start up some computer business and worked for him for several months before I figured out he was just spending dad's money and not actually making any money on the business. It was some accounting program. He sold a couple but then never actually followed through on the contracts. Later he tried doing a computer service business, but he would never show up to do the repairs.

We are still sort of "friends" but I completely ignore him as far as his schemes go. I think I will start calling him "Hunter" (He is a conservative and hates the Bidens)

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

The problem is that the standards of quality in contemporary art are so shockingly low anyone can declare themselves an artist, and if they have the right connections, go right to the top.
                              Yup.

Source: https://news.artnet.com/art-world/italian-artist-auctioned-off-invisible-sculpture-18300-literally-made-nothing-1976181

An Italian Artist Auctioned Off an ‘Invisible Sculpture’ for $18,300. It’s Made Literally of Nothing

“It is a work that asks you to activate the power of the imagination,” Salvatore Garau said of his sculpture.
                              Taylor Dafoe, June 3, 2021

Italian conceptualist Salvatore Garau, via Instagram.

From the department of “They sold that for how much?!” comes today’s story, about an Italian artist who, for the cool price of €15,000 ($18,300), recently auctioned an artwork that is… well, nothing.
                              Last month, the 67-year-old artist Salvatore Garau sold an “immaterial sculpture”—which is to say that it doesn’t exist.
                              To be fair, the artist might disagree on conceptual grounds. For Garau, the artwork, titled lo sono (which translates to “I am”), finds form in its own nothingness. “The vacuum is nothing more than a space full of energy, and even if we empty it and there is nothing left, according to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, that nothing has a weight,” he told the Spanish news outlet Diario AS. “Therefore, it has energy that is condensed and transformed into particles, that is, into us.”

Lo Sono went up for sale in May at the Italian auction house Art-Rite. The pre-sale estimate valued the piece between €6,000-9,000, according to AS, but competing bidders pushed the price tag to €15,000.

The lucky buyer went home with a certificate of authenticity and a set of instructions: the work, per Garau, must be exhibited in a private house in a roughly five-by-five-foot space free of obstruction.

“When I decide to ‘exhibit’ an immaterial sculpture in a given space, that space will concentrate a certain amount and density of thoughts at a precise point, creating a sculpture that, from my title, will only take the most varied forms,” the artist went on.

“You don’t see it but it exists; it is made of air and spirit,” he explained in a video documenting the Milan piece. “It is a work that asks you to activate the power of the imagination, a power that anyone has, even those who don’t believe they have it.”

Indeed, many people on the internet seem to be having trouble tapping into that power. “So you really just taped a square and called that a sculpture?” reads the most-liked comment on the video page.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment