Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How misinformation is distorting COVID policies and behaviors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    No, he gave a reason that "this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime." And that reason wasn't "insufficient evidence".
    Sure it was. The dirty cop would have loved more than anything to say, "President Trump definitely committed a crime, and here is the evidence," but he didn't. The only thing he could do was weakly declare that he could not not prove that a crime was committed, which is well outside the bounds of a prosecutor's role. As an experienced prosecutor, he should have known better.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Sure it was. The dirty cop would have loved more than anything to say, "President Trump definitely committed a crime, and here is the evidence," but he didn't. The only thing he could do was weakly declare that he could not not prove that a crime was committed, which is well outside the bounds of a prosecutor's role. As an experienced prosecutor, he should have known better.
      He did. Mueller is many things but stupid is not one of them. He knew full well that "exonerations" are way beyond is pay grade and trusted that the MSM would never point that out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

No, he gave a reason that "this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime." And that reason wasn't "insufficient evidence".

See if you can figure out what that reason was.

You just don't like to admit that there is no evidence.
        That is a common line among certain kinds of Christian Apologists. The reality is, to be a Christian, to believe in the Resurrection, requires faith. You can't get there on the evidence alone.

And that is where I think the comparison of evidence fails wrt Trump. Trump definitely colluded and violated the Trust of the American people. The issue is not did he, it is whether or not he did so in a way that can be shown beyond reasonable doubt to have been criminal.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          He did. Mueller is many things but stupid is not one of them. He knew full well that "exonerations" are way beyond is pay grade and trusted that the MSM would never point that out.
          I hope you're not agreeing with MM that the reason the report did not conclude that Trump committed a crime was due to a lack of evidence.

Because that would mean you never bothered to read the report.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I do when the media is hyping up orders of magnitude higher death rates than we actually had.

And yes the age of victims wasn't highly disseminated by the fearmongerers, in order to push the fear to everyone.
            Why do you think the media would fear monger?

The story was plenty big enough.

What do you imagine their motive was to “push the fear to everyone”?

I know lots of people under 65 who had COViD.

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

Why do you think the media would fear monger?
              Control. No easier way to control and influence a populace than through fear. That's why religions like Christianity and Islam work so well at getting and keeping people.

The story was plenty big enough.
              The actual story really wasn't.

What do you imagine their motive was to “push the fear to everyone”?
              Their motive was control for the people that they work for (Democrats), and ratings.

I know lots of people under 65 who had COViD.
              And I know that as a result of the fearmongering and senseless lockdowns of the healthy, in the state of California alone the number of teenage girls who successfully committed suicide this last year as a result of those things is over TRIPLE the number of them that died of COVID.
              Last edited by Gondwanaland; 06-25-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

That is a common line among certain kinds of Christian Apologists. The reality is, to be a Christian, to believe in the Resurrection, requires faith. You can't get there on the evidence alone.

And that is where I think the comparison of evidence fails wrt Trump. Trump definitely colluded and violated the Trust of the American people. The issue is not did he, it is whether or not he did so in a way that can be shown beyond reasonable doubt to have been criminal.
                It isn't "blind faith" but rather an evidence-based faith.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                  Control. No easier way to control and influence a populace than through fear..

Their motive was control for the people that they work for (Democrats), and ratings.
                  I don’t buy into your conspiracy

The ratings part, sure. But if ratings were really the goal of journalists (not network heads), they would have done everything in their powers to get Trump re-elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

I don’t buy into your conspiracy

Comment