Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta Variant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I'm sure you read that somewhere given the sources you use.
    Yes, I realize that you are suspicious of any source that fails to worship at the feet of "The Scientific Consensus", but that's your problem. I prefer to remain openminded.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Are you certain you haven't? The last I heard, approximately 50% of infections are asymptomatic.
      I've actually never been tested, mostly because I've never had any of the symptoms, though I've frequently joked about getting checked just for Yuks and Yahoos to see if I've already caught it and fought it.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yes, I realize that you are suspicious of any source that fails to worship at the feet of "The Scientific Consensus", but that's your problem. I prefer to remain openminded.
        You are correct in that I have no respect for random speculation foisted by ignorant people who don't know enough to know what they don't know or need to learn.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-19-2021, 02:24 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You are correct in that I have no respect for random speculation foisted by ignorant people who don't know enough to know what they don't know or need to learn.
          I appreciate the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

I've actually never been tested, mostly because I've never had any of the symptoms, though I've frequently joked about getting checked just for Yuks and Yahoos to see if I've already caught it and fought it.
            I haven't been tested either, but I'm certain I had it a year ago because of the peculiar symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I haven't been tested either, but I'm certain I had it a year ago because of the peculiar symptoms.
              I was sure I had COVID, but it turned out to be bronchitis.

Never had it before. Horrible, but I was released I didn’t have to quarantine, call everyone I’ve talked to for weeks, etc.

Comment

I appreciate the irony.
                The insults are useless- on both sides.

The problem MM is you don't understand science, and you find it impossible to humble yourself in light of that simple fact. You never seek understanding when you have been shown you are wrong or don't understand some area of science. You choose what you believe wrt the scientific disciplines based on the political leanings of the information sources, not what the data, the physics, the math or other objective measures might show.

I wish just once you could climb down off your arrogant platform of presumption and politics and just try to understand the basics. Just once truly apply that open mind you claim to have.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

I was sure I had COVID, but it turned out to be bronchitis.
                  I lost taste, smell and appetite for several days, with a low-grade fever that lasted a week. My GP said the virus hadn't hit our area yet when I asked him (this was April 2020), but later the county health officials said they were ""99% positive" that I had it, and it was circulating in the area.

Never had it before. Horrible, but I was released I didn’t have to quarantine, call everyone I’ve talked to for weeks, etc.
                  My daughter tested positive last January and my house was in quarantine. I never got it.

Comment

The insults are useless- on both sides.

The problem MM is you don't understand science, and you find it impossible to humble yourself in light of that simple fact. You never seek understanding when you have been shown you are wrong or don't understand some area of science. You choose what you believe wrt the scientific disciplines based on the political leanings of the information sources, not what the data, the physics, the math or other objective measures might show.

I wish just once you could climb down off your arrogant platform of presumption and politics and just try to understand the basics. Just once truly apply that open mind you claim to have.
                    You claim the insults are useless, and in the same breath you start insulting again! Can you not see what you just did?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

You claim the insults are useless, and in the same breath you start insulting again! Can you not see what you just did?

To certain extent yes. But my comment about how MM is handling science is simply a fact. You may see it as an insult because for sure it is not flattering. But it is what the problem is, though it is always my hope MM will, in fact, get off the insult driven, ideologically based approach to objective scientific issues and just discuss the facts and the data without regard to political preference.

Comment

To certain extent yes. But my comment about how MM is handling science is simply a fact. You may see it as an insult because for sure it is not flattering. But it is what the problem is, though it is always my hope MM will, in fact, get off the insult driven, ideologically based approach to objective scientific issues and just discuss the facts and the data without regard to political preference.
                        Sorry, kiddo, but if anybody is making this discussion political, it's you. I, for my part, have not said one word about politics in this thread.

Comment

Sorry, kiddo, but if anybody is making this discussion political, it's you. I, for my part, have not said one word about politics in this thread.
                          Your discussions of covid and the vaccines are almost complete rubbish derived from politically or ideologically based nonsense reports. As with all such reports, there is some basis in fact upon which they are typically derived, when confronted with the logical flaws that devolve from that basis, you resort to insults and accusations of bias rather than a discussion of tge facts as you did here.

I pointed out that the virus will if given time evolve resustence to the immunity given by the vaccines or natural immunity. You countered with drivel about the mutations somehow being unique to or related to the vaccines themselves, without much technical data or justification, at which point two things become clear. You are not capable of critically analyzing such claims, and two you don't understand natural selection. The virus mutations will be selected based on the level of survivability they confer. That may indeed select different mutations in a fully vaccinated population than a non vaccinated population.

Anyway, this could be an intersecting and useful factual discussion, excepting in your ignorance you can't see it as anything other that some justification for continuing your ignorant and ideologically based resistence to the vaccines

Comment

Your discussions of covid and the vaccines are almost complete rubbish derived from politically or ideologically based nonsense reports. As with all such reports, there is some basis in fact upon which they are typically derived, when confronted with the logical flaws that devolve from that basis, you resort to insults and accusations of bias rather than a discussion of tge facts as you did here.

I pointed out that the virus will if given time evolve resustence to the immunity given by the vaccines or natural immunity. You countered with drivel about the mutations somehow being unique to or related to the vaccines themselves, without much technical data or justification, at which point two things become clear. You are not capable of critically analyzing such claims, and two you don't understand natural selection. The virus mutations will be selected based on the level of survivability they confer. That may indeed select different mutations in a fully vaccinated population than a non vaccinated population.

Anyway, this could be an intersecting and useful factual discussion, excepting in your ignorance you can't see it as anything other that some justification for continuing your ignorant and ideologically based resistence to the vaccines

And you continue to insult with every post.

So much for your signature line.

Mockery is the argument of the mentally and/or emotionally challenged.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

But you don't understand, it's okay when he does it!

Comment

you do realize that with very few exceptions the only time you write a post to me is for the expressed purpose of delivering an insult, or tearing me down in one way or the other - right?

As for my interactions with MM - you need to really take stock of who it is you are supporting, and who it is you are cutting down. MM is at the top of the food chain on this web site when it comes to tearing others down and hurling insults. At my best (worst) I would only equal his everyday antics.

and finally, my sig line has to do with mockery, not words that may or may not be insulting. And while it is possible the two categories may have a small overlap, very little in these posts, excepting MM's comments about the scientific establishment, even comes close to falling into that category. And even that is not really what my sig is addressing.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-20-2021, 05:43 PM.

Comment