Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Delta Variant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Variant

Twice as infectious as the typical covid-19, produces more serious symptoms, and is now 10% of the covid-19 still spreading in the US.

Vaccines are effective against it.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...u-need-to-know

If you have not been vaccinated - and especially if you live in an area or with people with extreme vaccine hesitancy or skepticism - GET VACCINATED!
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

( and if a mod could fix the spelling error in the title - there is no fixing such for us peons after the fact ...)
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Twice as infectious as the typical covid-19, produces more serious symptoms, and is now 10% of the covid-19 still spreading in the US.

If you have not been vaccinated - and especially if you live in an area or with people with extreme vaccine hesitancy or skepticism - GET VACCINATED!
      Yes! Absolutely!
      in the UK the Delta variant is spreading very quickly. We are red listed by most countries.
      But the fact that most of our adult population has received the vaccinations is keeping the death count below single figures per day and our hospital admissions are low.
      The majority of Covid deaths and hospital admissions are now unvaccinated folks.

Comment

( and if a mod could fix the spelling error in the title - there is no fixing such for us peons after the fact ...)
        Done.
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Oh, great, more fear mongering.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I live in the middle-of-nowhere, Vaccine Shortage is still happening here in Canada, and I've been taking much better care of myself since October. Between those factors, and the fact that I'm still concerned about long-term side effects, I'm gonna wait just a bit longer before I get my pokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Warning of a real danger is not fear mongering. Especially when the solution is as simple as walking down to a drug store and getting a shot (or two)

It spreads twice as easily and has more serious symptoms. Time to get vaccinated if for some reason you haven't already.

Comment

Getting my first one next week.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

I live in the middle-of-nowhere, Vaccine Shortage is still happening here in Canada, and I've been taking much better care of myself since October. Between those factors, and the fact that I'm still concerned about long-term side effects, I'm gonna wait just a bit longer before I get my pokes.
                  The reality is your risk of long term side effects from covid are significantly higher than the vaccine.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20490351

But I hear you when you say you feel relatively safe where you are and it's also still not quite easy to get the vaccine where you are.

Hopefully you won't feel the need to wait too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Getting my first one next week.

Comment

The reality is your risk of long term side effects from covid are significantly higher than the vaccine.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20490351

But I hear you when you say you feel relatively safe where you are and it's also still not quite easy to get the vaccine where you are.

Hopefully you won't feel the need to wait too much longer.
                      I don't doubt that COVID is nasty... I know a few people IRL who got it and they said it hit them like a truck. Heck, given that I've been working throughout this in a retail environment, I'm actually surprised I haven't been exposed to it yet.

But like I said, at the end of the day I'm not as likely to develop complications compared to a lot of folks, and I'm cynical/paranoid as heck. Let more vulnerable people, folks in more dangerous environments, and those who believe the Long-Term Side Effects to be worth the risk get it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

Yep. Anybody who gets "The Jab" now is not a patient, they are a test subject.

And we're not "anti-vaxxers", we're just part of the control group.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I've been vaccinated for almost a month now. My daughter will get her second on monday

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I'm more afraid of what government (specifically Biden and the Dems) will do because of it than I am of the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I've been vaccinated for almost a month now. My daughter will get her second on monday
                              Is she in below 18 set, or just took a while to get it started? My youngest is over 18 but had to wait a while to become eligable - has had it I guess maybe a month now, not sure. It's nice when everyone in the house has been vaccinated. You can go out to eat in a group and not worry about it and no-one needs to wear a mask.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-17-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment